McMinn -vs- Cleveland

TribeFan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big game this week for both teams? Who wins and who has the advantage?

The Blue Raiders have done well since they started running the ball more and became less dependant on Voytik's arm, which hadn't produced much in their first three games. Voytik's passing stats have improved since they started running the ball more, and Voytik is a pretty solid runner himself. McMinn is hard to run on wide to any consistency. I do think the Cherokees could be vulnerable to a team lining it up and running between the tackles for the whole game. But on the flipside, McMinn has also established a better running game, and their passing game has been solid all season. I think McMinn wins this by 7 points or less.

I think the Owls were lucky to play the Blue Raiders early in the season before they figured out they did not have the right personal for a pure passing attack. If they can establish any kind of consistent run game the Cherokees are open to the big play.

The Cherokees will hit you and hit you hard. They have a good run game and can hit the big play also.

Should be a good game, I think the Kees will come out on top of a hard fought game.

I think the winner of this game challanges Bradley for the Region championship and has an inside track on qualifying for the playoffs.

McMinn has improved since the second half of the McCallie game in week #2 and has shown that they might be out sized but that they can put points on the board and limited their opponents to doing likewise. The special teams play has been a pleasent surprise during this span of time as well.

Cleveland has shown much improvement as well since starting 0-3 and will provide a major challenge to the Cherokees on both sides of the ball.

Keys for Cherokees:

1) Keep being balanced

2) Stay even with special teams play

3) Win takeaways

GO TRIBE!!!

I have seen both teams play and the key will be the linebackers for Cleveland. I dont think it will be a blow out but if Mcminn can get their speedsters to the backers of Cleveland then they will run away with this one. Mcminn must spy the QB on D, get the ball to their speedsters in open field and Cleveland must not give up the big play and blitz the QB. Should be a great game to watch this week. Cherokees 38 Raiders 27.