Henry County vs. Dickson County

RedSwarm10

Waveyard14, I realize you are new to these boards but don't let one really good night distort your overall view. Henry County is a very tough team. Granted Creekwood, Clarksville NW, Rossview and some others are not very good but Clarksville NE, Springfield, and Clarksville are decent enough teams. Not 9-AAA tough but decent enough and Beech is a far cry from what they have been the last 2 years. Granted this game could be on the horizon but it is far too far away to look at. And it would be in Paris not Gallatin if it was played unless the Henry County program collapses in the next 3 weeks. Which is not going to happen.

Now I do disagree with Redwarrior and Waveyard on one point. The state is not down this year. 6-A may be and there is a disparity in the goods and the bads in 5-A but the top 5-A programs this year are better than normal. Gallatin beat Brentwood and Oakland which are both playoff bound, Hendersonville beat Germantown, Beech beat Cookeville, Columbia beat Dickson Co, all playoff teams which have gotten beat by 5-A schools just to name a few. Also if you look at the D-1 prospects coming out of the state this year, you will see more than usual. Syracuse, Pittsburg, Arkansas, Vandy, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Memphis, Middle Tenn, Miss St, North Carolina, just a few off the top of my head. Individual talent is up this year.

i agree the state is down this year, but you better believe there are still teams in 5a who can beat hc. i'm positive gallatin can, and likely will, if we meet in the post season. especially if its at our place.

There is NO chance of this happening this year...if the Green Wave hangs on long enough to face the Patriots...they will travel to Paris....Nonetheless....this thread is about the Cougars vs. the Patriots...sorry Coacht bethren for letting "waveyard14" get us off subject!

I was on campus the other day and saw the beautiful bourbon barrel on display outside the HCHS office...otherwise known as..."it's home"! I can't imagine walking to the gym and not passing the blue & orange/red & blue barrel! Can't wait to see this year's final score painted on it's side...what will it be?

There is NO chance of this happening this year...if the Green Wave hangs on long enough to face the Patriots...they will travel to Paris....Nonetheless....this thread is about the Cougars vs. the Patriots...sorry Coacht bethren for letting "waveyard14" get us off subject!

I was on campus the other day and saw the beautiful bourbon barrel on display outside the HCHS office...otherwise known as..."it's home"! I can't imagine walking to the gym and not passing the blue & orange/red & blue barrel! Can't wait to see this year's final score painted on it's side...what will it be?

Thanks Prez for getting us back on topic. I am thrilled to be discussing the Barrel for two weeks!!! This is a huge rivalry game for both teams. We saw some Dickson fans at a restaurant and enjoyed a little friendly banter. Anything can happen in a game like this, but I am confident in our Patriots. Ready for this one to get here!!!

Go Big RED!!!

i hope you hc fans are enjoying this. i really do. from what i've read, you're quite talented. you all have a good team, and will probably even win a couple of playoff games. but mark my words, once you run into a good opponent, you will fold like a lawn chair. you have played absolutely noone. i just looked at your schedule and it literally made me laugh.

I know I am enjoying this. You're correct, we are quite talented on both sides of the ball. I would agree that we will "probably" win at least a couple of playoff games. I disagree that this years team will "fold like a lawn chair" against anyone. We might not win a state championship, but if we don't, it will be because we lined up against a better team, and they ultimately beat us. With that said, I'd gladly put this team up against any in 5A, and that includes Gallatin and Columbia. We might win, we might lose, but it won't be because we "folded like a lawn chair". As for your comment about our schedule, you might have a point if we were barely beating our opponents, but we aren't, we are absolutely demolishing our opponents, which is what good teams do against lesser competition.

What you wanting to get out of this discussion swarm? Dickson can not look to get to focused on HC as of now because they have Clarksville coming in. As i would like to see Dickson beat Clarksville so the HC-DC game will just be overwhelmingly hyped up. Will be for the barrell, the district, and overall series leader. So with that being said Swarm what would you like to discuss?

The discussion has already begun. Good luck against Clarksville, but our next opponent is DC, so of course this thread was going to be started, if not by me, then by someone else. Discuss whatever you please. Go ahead and talk about your game with Clarksville if you want since it has no thread, if you don't want to look ahead to our game. It doesn't matter to me. If not, then talk about what you expect from the HC-DC game. I already know what many of the HC fans expect, so what do the DC fans expect?

Looking at the scores throughout the season you would have to assume that DC will get whipped just like everyone else. A nice rivalry throughout the years that does seem to go in cycles with the current cycle keeping the barrel on the west side of the river ! DC is still very young this year and the district being very weak has helped them be successful so far this year.

With that being said the scores Henry is putting up offensively is incredible and the defense is only giving up second half points according to posters with their jv players. Quite possibly is the best team Henry has ever put on the field....Take it easy on the young cougars patriots ! Hopefully there will not be any serious injuries on either side of the ball so both teams can do well in the playoffs this year and represent the district in high fashion.

Looking at the scores throughout the season you would have to assume that DC will get whipped just like everyone else. A nice rivalry throughout the years that does seem to go in cycles with the current cycle keeping the barrel on the west side of the river ! DC is still very young this year and the district being very weak has helped them be successful so far this year.

With that being said the scores Henry is putting up offensively is incredible and the defense is only giving up second half points according to posters with their jv players. Quite possibly is the best team Henry has ever put on the field....Take it easy on the young cougars patriots ! Hopefully there will not be any serious injuries on either side of the ball so both teams can do well in the playoffs this year and represent the district in high fashion.

Edited by theunknown

49-7 probably worse. I think this will be biggest win margin in school history once it is all over. Just depends on how many points DC scores on the JV. I almost feel sorry for some of these teams.