Covington at Obion Co.

VOREBS

of course it "Want Mean Much" but what I am saying is that Obion's defense isn't up to parr or par shall I say, and it will be exposed..... and of course the kids WON'T care because a win is a win, but come time for the playoffs.. their dreams of a championship will not be obtainable unless that defense tightens up. Just my thoughts!!!!!

Your thoughts want mean much to the young men on the field friday night, thats just my thoughts. See how that works!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by SonOfMandingo

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im actually ready to see how we do against a very good rushing attack...I do know they wont be able to stop OC's offense so whether or not we can slow down Covington's O..this could be a high scoring game...I do think Central makes the right stops and comes up with a huge win...

OC 38

Covington 21

Does anybody know how Coach J is doing? I haven't heard anything since Thursday...

Im actually ready to see how we do against a very good rushing attack...I do know they wont be able to stop OC's offense so whether or not we can slow down Covington's O..this could be a high scoring game...I do think Central makes the right stops and comes up with a huge win...

OC 38

Covington 21

Does anybody know how Coach J is doing? I haven't heard anything since Thursday...

Better Every day. Just needs lots of rest!

Another "payback" game for the Rebels is coming up this Friday night in front of what will more than likely be a packed house in Troy at Rebel Field...Two state ranked teams, one that has been trying to gain legitimacy from fans saying they have not played anyone and the other a program that is trying to get back to the elite of their classification, will square off against each other in a huge district match-up...The Rebels will be trying to avenge a 35-30 shoot-out loss last year in Covington where then sophomore Carlos Williams rushed for a ridiculous 309 yards and four touchdowns on a much maligned Rebel unit that at that time had allowed a 100+ rusher in all 6 games they had played...Trey Phipps had a good game last season throwing for 234 yards on 16 for 23 passing and 1 touchdown...LaDevin Fair also had a good night rushing the football as he had 164 yards and two touchdowns...As a matter of fact the Rebels had as little trouble as Covington (429 yards) had moving the ball as they totaled 409 yards overall in the game...

This season the Rebel defense is as much responsible for the best-ever 7-0 start as they were for the disappointing 5-6 season a year ago...To this point, the Rebel defense is allowing only 122 yards a game rushing while allowing only 186 in total offense a game...This season, the Rebel "D" has allowed only one runningback to go over the century mark rushing as Crockett County RB Josh Johnson had 111 yards rushing on 11 attempts.Most of those yards came in the first half of a game that the defense made adjustments at half and shut down the Cav offense in the second half...The Rebels are much more athletic on the defensive side of the ball than they were a year ago...

The big thing this year will be if the Rebels can overcome the distraction of having their head coach in he hospital for basically a week and how they will come out after a bye week...

I think they will be sky-high...These Rebels seem to be on a mission...The Chargers are athletic and they are good...OC has always seemed to play the Chargers tough and get up for them almost as much as they do when they play the Union City Tornadoes, especially on their home turf...

Obion Central-43

Covington-26

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

OCCHS will have all their offensive weapons in place and still not for sure if the head coach will be on the sidelines or not. Hoping he responds well to the medication and can get back to the team sooner than later.

For all the Covington followers on here- I understand some of your main offensive guys are out with injuries. So just curious as to who has been picking up the slack at RB and who are some of your main WR and the QB I'm to assume is the same??

OC has the spread set offense but have actually had more running plays this year than passing. This contest should come down to the OC run defense and the Covington adjustments to stopping the Rebs big play arsenal.

Should be a fun Friday night in Troy.. Getcha Popcorn ready!! :popcorneater:

That is great and all.... But Crockett is terrible........ and for one of their backs to go over 100 in a game is ridiculous... sorry but I am not buying the hype on the OC defense. After all that said I am Praying for Coach Jackson to get better!

Another "payback" game for the Rebels is coming up this Friday night in front of what will more than likely be a packed house in Troy at Rebel Field...Two state ranked teams, one that has been trying to gain legitimacy from fans saying they have not played anyone and the other a program that is trying to get back to the elite of their classification, will square off against each other in a huge district match-up...The Rebels will be trying to avenge a 35-30 shoot-out loss last year in Covington where then sophomore Carlos Williams rushed for a ridiculous 309 yards and four touchdowns on a much maligned Rebel unit that at that time had allowed a 100+ rusher in all 6 games they had played...Trey Phipps had a good game last season throwing for 234 yards on 16 for 23 passing and 1 touchdown...LaDevin Fair also had a good night rushing the football as he had 164 yards and two touchdowns...As a matter of fact the Rebels had as little trouble as Covington (429 yards) had moving the ball as they totaled 409 yards overall in the game...

This season the Rebel defense is as much responsible for the best-ever 7-0 start as they were for the disappointing 5-6 season a year ago...To this point, the Rebel defense is allowing only 122 yards a game rushing while allowing only 186 in total offense a game...This season, the Rebel "D" has allowed only one runningback to go over the century mark rushing as Crockett County RB Josh Johnson had 111 yards rushing on 11 attempts.Most of those yards came in the first half of a game that the defense made adjustments at half and shut down the Cav offense in the second half...The Rebels are much more athletic on the defensive side of the ball than they were a year ago...

The big thing this year will be if the Rebels can overcome the distraction of having their head coach in he hospital for basically a week and how they will come out after a bye week...

I think they will be sky-high...These Rebels seem to be on a mission...The Chargers are athletic and they are good...OC has always seemed to play the Chargers tough and get up for them almost as much as they do when they play the Union City Tornadoes, especially on their home turf...

Obion Central-43

Covington-26