Covington at Obion Co.

VOREBS

tbiggs I was very impressed with the Covington game plan coming in and you could tell they scouted OCCHS well on both sides of the ball. Multiple backs that can run the ball and hats off to the guys up front who blocked fairly well for them. Perhaps these teams could meet again in the playoffs(which now more than likely will take place at Covington) If that be the case the Rebel defense better come to play because the Charger Wing T offense was very impressive. Should be an excellent matchup with Covington at Milan next week in what will be a battle for the District 13AA regular season championship.

I must say I was very impressed with Cov's offensive line.. Boy did they move the LOS and created holes.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyersburg will give O C troubles as well. They are back to normal so to speak but who knows. I don't see to many Rebel followers on here this morning... I have said all year...get a team on the field with a very good offense and that will tell how good the Rebel D really is. there is no doubting the offense. O C couldn't outscore their opp. last night and that showed to me as I was there. Arm tackling..well, that means speed...and speed and good d kills with Covington kids blasting by the others on the O C Team. McGrew was taken out of the game totally and game plan for Chargers was great. They scounted the Rebels two games and knew what they had to do. This loos will more than likely either send the Rebels on the road to Memphis first round or they will host round two if they can win. Godd luck.

I wouldn't judge the defense based of one performance, no matter how poor of a performance it may have been. The thing about OC's D is that while it hadn't been a "playmaking" defense, they had always been assignment sure. Last night w/ Cov running a lot of misdirection, it took OC just a bit out of position and thats all their O-line and Rb's needed to break free.

I don't know if you watch game film after or not but I do and McGrew was open a lot of the night. I wouldn't say they took him out at all, but just a combo of Phipps not seeing him, LaDevin having a great game, and OC trying to force feed Parr the ball made it appear as though Covington took him out of the game. Not the case.

Arm tackles! Looked like the defense was trying to strip the ball instead of making tackles. I didn't like the defensive scheme for the Rebels and I didn't see any adjustments to the fact it wasn't working. The offense was not in sync. Dropped passes and IMO, they became predictable. Fair was impressive as always. Cary was impressive. The Charger defense kept McGrew covered up. Parr, not a good night at all on either side of the ball. A bye week and a head coach out sick for a week and a half. IMO there was a definite lack of focus in the Rebels last night. All this adds up to a recipe for disaster. But the loss was no disaster. I don't put much stock in "good losses", but hopefully the coaching staff will see where the issues need addressing and make improvements. With that said, I'd say all this added up to about 20% of the problem reason for the loss. The other 80% was Covington has a very good team and executed their gameplan. The Rebels didn't tackle well and didn't defend well against the speed and talent of the Chargers. OC will have to adjust and get back to making hits on defense instaed of looking for strips and turnovers.

Covington earned this win. The Rebels had issues, but anyone who uses that as an excuse is not giving the Chargers their due. This was not a Rebels loss, it was a Chargers win. Congrats to Covington!

As for all the "I told you so" folks, as much as I hate for the Rebels to lose, I'm glad you finally get a chance to be right after 8 weeks. LOL As far as the "cupcake" schedule, get a life. 13AA (7-3A) has long been a tougher than most district. OC has 8 of the 9 other teams from the district on their schedule. For the Rebels to have an "up" year and some of the others to have a "down" year is just part of it. OC didn't sit back and wait for this year to add these teams to their schedule.

The Rebels will be fine. They have time to correct the issues and get some work in before play off time. I sat through back to back winless seasons, through mediocre seasons, and through some good ones. And they have all been worth it. Everyone wants to win the gold ball and OC is no exception. But win or lose, they are still having a great season. GO REBELS!!!!

I was really glad to see Cary get some looks last night. The kid hasn't gotten as many as last year and he continues to work hard everyday. Hat off to him. justaOCfan, watch the game film if ya haven't already/ or even want to. You'll see McGrew was open a lot but we just couldn't get it to him.

where is Reelfoot72 and a few others who get on here as soon as a Rebel win and their no where to be found ?

I guess a loss send them hidding.

Im right here punk. We got beat by a really solid team an we didnt play our best game, but no excuses. Once a REBEL always a REBEL. As for as a loss sending me hiding, its not happening!!!! I tell you what, why dont we meet somewhere an discuss it. And for the Rebel football team, you fix the problems an move on to the next friday nothing to hang your heads about. You name the time an place for that discussion an i will be there am sure you will hide behind your keyboard and bash young men playing on friday nights. See yall at Haywood!!!!

Im right here punk. We got beat by a really solid team an we didnt play our best game, but no excuses. Once a REBEL always a REBEL. As for as a loss sending me hiding, its not happening!!!! I tell you what, why dont we meet somewhere an discuss it. And for the Rebel football team, you fix the problems an move on to the next friday nothing to hang your heads about. You name the time an place for that discussion an i will be there am sure you will hide behind your keyboard and bash young men playing on friday nights. See yall at Haywood!

He was down on the fence by the endzone closest to the entrance. He was with a couple other guys from UC.... yes didn't play r best and got beat. It happens, still 7-1 and setting in a great spot.

where is Reelfoot72 and a few others who get on here as soon as a Rebel win and their no where to be found ?

I guess a loss send them hidding.

UC...whatevers come on this thread to rub salt and poke fun at OC for a tough loss when they should be on their own threads talking about their games. Oh wait they have nothing to say in support of their boys if they don't win. Some of these are no doubt just fair weather fans. But thats just my opinion. Good luck next game OC.

Edited by nextlevel99