Lewis County @ Marshall County

LCPanthers

Just looking and comparing schedules mc played 5a power Columbia a reigning state champion. Giles played 6a Lincoln county a 3 time state champion all while fv schedules Clarksville nw which would struggle to stay close to east hickman.

That tells you a lot right there about who wants to become a really good team and who just wants a pretty record. As for the playoffs in 3a look at Pearl Cohn. They play a monster schedule for a 3a team. They picked up 2 private school powers instead of perineally weak teams.

Just looking and comparing schedules mc played 5a power Columbia a reigning state champion. Giles played 6a Lincoln county a 3 time state champion all while fv schedules Clarksville nw which would struggle to stay close to east hickman.

That tells you a lot right there about who wants to become a really good team and who just wants a pretty record. As for the playoffs in 3a look at Pearl Cohn. They play a monster schedule for a 3a team. They picked up 2 private school powers instead of perineally weak teams.

You misunderstand me. You seem to be under the impression that I care. What I'm trying to tell you is it doesn't matter, nor do I care. LC wins out, and that will decide the rest of the district.

You are wrong in a 3 way tie overall wins breaks the tie. Look it up.

Okay, i keep saying this, and everyone is telling me, that no, only district wins count towards that. Can someone please clarify and have a legitimate answer that is proven and not just what you "think". It is my understanding that theoretically if all 3 teams Giles FV and MC all win out, Fairview will break the tie breaker because of overall wins. Am i not correct?

Okay, i keep saying this, and everyone is telling me, that no, only district wins count towards that. Can someone please clarify and have a legitimate answer that is proven and not just what you "think". It is my understanding that theoretically if all 3 teams Giles FV and MC all win out, Fairview will break the tie breaker because of overall wins. Am i not correct?

The only sure way to know for sure is to wait until BigCountry comes out from the Sasquatch woods. With rain a coming, expect him to surface sometime tomorrow. I know he'll have some comments on the FranklinLite-Giles thread. He will know... :ph34r:

The only sure way to know for sure is to wait until BigCountry comes out from the Sasquatch woods. With rain a coming, expect him to surface sometime tomorrow. I know he'll have some comments on the FranklinLite-Giles thread. He will know... :ph34r:

Alright then......

Straight from TSSAA football handbook:

For the purpose of district/region standings, the following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular

season games, both district/region and non-district/non-region, shall count. If at any point when the following tiebreaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others. After any position in the district/region standings has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again to determine the next position. This procedure shall be repeated

to determine all places in the district/region.

Tie-Breaker Procedures:

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who plays the greatest number of team who win 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

6. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

7. Ten yard-line overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

Straight from TSSAA football handbook:

For the purpose of district/region standings, the following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular

season games, both district/region and non-district/non-region, shall count. If at any point when the following tiebreaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others. After any position in the district/region standings has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again to determine the next position. This procedure shall be repeated

to determine all places in the district/region.

Tie-Breaker Procedures:

1. The team with the greatest number of victories.

2. The team who plays the greatest number of team who win 50 percent or more of their games.

3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.

4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

6. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

7. Ten yard-line overtime procedure at neutral site Monday night at 7:30 P.M.

Thank you, thats just what i wanted

I'm telling ya but you just won't listen. It's all up to PAGE! :shock:

Listen......it clearly says that both district and non district games will be counted. In that case, if all 3 teams MC, FV and Giles all win out, that would put them like this- FV-9-1, Mc-8-2, GC-8-2. The first thing is overall wins which fairview would have 9 regardless. It has nothing to do with page as long as Fairview wins out, its all theirs. They control their destiny.

Edited by JUNO