Soddy Daisy Trojans @ Cleveland Blue Raiders

SoddyDaisyCajun

Wow.....Soddy daisy has a chance to win out and make the playoffs and they come out flat as a pancake. No emotion, no fire no enthusiasm. That has got to be on the head man. How he can not have them ready to play is beyond me. Seems like every season we get a couple of performances like last nights. You could see that fire and emotion hit the kids in the second quarter after we scored a couple of times but they have to have it when they take the field and the coaches have to get it out of them.

As for Cleveland......wow is all I can say. I can not believe that was a EK Slaughter coached team I was watching. Very undisciplined on offense, out of sync timing wise. Sure they scored 40 points but they played on a short field all night. That in no way resembled the Saughter coached ream I watched at Soddy Daisy for a whole season and I am not talking talent, scheme, etc. I am talking organization, discipline, etc. Is it possible some coaches are just a good fit at different schools?

You bring up a great question soddyman. I truly believe that kids at different schools react to coaching differently. It is no secret the Soddy players bought into Slaughters philosophy 100%. Apparently, this is not the case for him at Cleveland. Good school, good kids, so what is the difference ?

As for Soddy last night, they again looked unprepared and I agree with you. That is coaching or lack thereof.

Edited by Fedman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soddyman, you say it's up to the head man to get the kids up and ready for the game, let me give you a word of advice as I learned in football and in being in business, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink", we don't know what orr or any of the other coaches are saying in the locker room before the game, but I think that all coaches want to win and don't think coach orr, or any other coach would want to come out flat, so that doesn't make any sense.

fedman, hahaha you are funny my friend!! were you even at the game the other night?? I would like to know exactly your thoughts on how soddy looked "unprepared", once again it looked to me that soddy was simply outmatched, which they have been all year,(didnt see the walker valley game) and when you are out matched, in my opinion you must play a flawless game, which I didn't think soddy did with the turn overs and giving cleveland a short field the majority of the night, but is that the coaches fault, or players not being prepared?? I don't believe so. These are 15,16, and 17 year old kids that are going to make mistakes and no one is faulting them for that, they played their hearts out and thats all we can ask of them.

Soddyman, if you are who I think you are, if you are still upset that your son quit last year please get over it and quit griping about everything!!!

Wow.....Soddy daisy has a chance to win out and make the playoffs and they come out flat as a pancake. No emotion, no fire no enthusiasm. That has got to be on the head man. How he can not have them ready to play is beyond me. Seems like every season we get a couple of performances like last nights. You could see that fire and emotion hit the kids in the second quarter after we scored a couple of times but they have to have it when they take the field and the coaches have to get it out of them.

As for Cleveland......wow is all I can say. I can not believe that was a EK Slaughter coached team I was watching. Very undisciplined on offense, out of sync timing wise. Sure they scored 40 points but they played on a short field all night. That in no way resembled the Saughter coached ream I watched at Soddy Daisy for a whole season and I am not talking talent, scheme, etc. I am talking organization, discipline, etc. Is it possible some coaches are just a good fit at different schools?

Usually how is it with a young team. Cleveland plays alot of sophmores.

soddyman, you say it's up to the head man to get the kids up and ready for the game, let me give you a word of advice as I learned in football and in being in business, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink", we don't know what orr or any of the other coaches are saying in the locker room before the game, but I think that all coaches want to win and don't think coach orr, or any other coach would want to come out flat, so that doesn't make any sense.

fedman, hahaha you are funny my friend!! were you even at the game the other night?? I would like to know exactly your thoughts on how soddy looked "unprepared", once again it looked to me that soddy was simply outmatched, which they have been all year,(didnt see the walker valley game) and when you are out matched, in my opinion you must play a flawless game, which I didn't think soddy did with the turn overs and giving cleveland a short field the majority of the night, but is that the coaches fault, or players not being prepared?? I don't believe so. These are 15,16, and 17 year old kids that are going to make mistakes and no one is faulting them for that, they played their hearts out and thats all we can ask of them.

Soddyman, if you are who I think you are, if you are still upset that your son quit last year please get over it and quit griping about everything!!!

He is NOT

What's up with Cleveland's coach calling a SD player names during the game? And not real flattering names at that.

This is a kid that he coached and loves. This was a joke between them....and just so that you wont think I am just defending him this is what Slaughter posted to his twitter account about said kid:

@ekslaughter333EK Slaughter

Jake ables is a stud! Class act and game changer on defense!

Thatguy, you say outmatched, Baylor- yes, Cleveland- no! What have they done this year with these players that outmatch the SD boys? Oh yea, are you talking about their great record. What an idiot. You ever feel alone in a crowd ? Look around, your the only idiot taking up for the sub par coaching on the field.

Edited by Fedman

Coming from a former player that played on a soddy daisy team that was within the top 5 most talented teams soddy has ever seen and barely came out 2 games above 500. It is propostorous to think that the blame can be placed on anyone but the coaches. I dont feel the need to complain about Roberts because it is obvious how much of an idiot he is. The worst mistake Soddy ever made was firing Cortni Braswell. The first 4 games with Cortni's defense, we gave up 5.75 points a game, WITH an offense that turned the ball over about 11 times in those 4 games, with the defense pitching 2 shutouts! Unfortunatley Soddy has always had "good ole boy" coaches and always will. The entire coaching staff needs to be fired. It is quite pothetic that a coach can be fired solely based on suspicion, and another coach can refuse a breathalyzer when he is obviously driving intoxicated. What kind of example does that set? Other than that when you get pulled over driving drunk, just refuse to take a breathalyzer and you can get out of it. Thats the most ive taken away from you

Coming from a former player that played on a soddy daisy team that was within the top 5 most talented teams soddy has ever seen and barely came out 2 games above 500. It is propostorous to think that the blame can be placed on anyone but the coaches. I dont feel the need to complain about Roberts because it is obvious how much of an idiot he is. The worst mistake Soddy ever made was firing Cortni Braswell. The first 4 games with Cortni's defense, we gave up 5.75 points a game, WITH an offense that turned the ball over about 11 times in those 4 games, with the defense pitching 2 shutouts! Unfortunatley Soddy has always had "good ole boy" coaches and always will. The entire coaching staff needs to be fired. It is quite pothetic that a coach can be fired solely based on suspicion, and another coach can refuse a breathalyzer when he is obviously driving intoxicated. What kind of example does that set? Other than that when you get pulled over driving drunk, just refuse to take a breathalyzer and you can get out of it. Thats the most ive taken away from you

sdbygod, you say that you played on a top 5 most talented soddy team and said that "we" only gave up 5.75 points per game when cortney was there?? I would like to know which year you played?? In my opinion the top talented teams that every came through soddy were in '98, '99, '04, and '08. Dont know much about soddy football before then but am sure there were some good teams.

First things first, it's obvious you don't pay attention to soddy football considering, braswell got fired after the first game???? Jr. (little orr) then took over as the DC, and there were 32 points scored on soddy the first four games of last year which is an average of 8 points per game. I guess you really took that soddy education to heart didnt you!!!

I happen to know 3 or 4 of the coaches pretty well, and yes that's why I defend them, because I know how hard they work, and can tell you that braswell wasn't fired upon suspicion at all, you should ask a couple of last years players mom's. Actually it was the administration that fired braswell, and can tell you that after being at the baylor scrimmage last year and listening to the way he talked to some of the kids, i'm not sure I would want my son playing for him. Also lets also state the facts, braswell was "supposedly" let go from ringold, or ridgeland, wherever he was, for getting in an altercation with a football player. Sure seems like a great role model and someone we want our children to look up to and be around doesn't he soddyfootballbygod!

Maybe after all the coaches get fired, you, fedman, and soddyman can take over and win state and the whole big town of soddy daisy can praise you!!! Yes there was a mistake made, but you can look at it two ways, someone does something they don't seem to care and make the same mistake again and again, or they realize what they have done, and used their experience to try to help others by talking to young influential kids to try to help them not to make the same mistake that he/she has made. I believe that coach roberts has done the latter and used his experience to try to help other kids. As I am sure you've never made a mistake, you may not understand that but no one is perfect so please quit ridiculing people when it's obvious you don't really know them.

Edited by thatguy1

Thatguy, I have to agree with fedman you are an idiot. There is no way you can play the way Soddy has this year and not put the blame on the coaches. You say outmatched everyone else says unprepared. If a team is outmatched it is on the coach to find a way to (and make the kids believe they can)win.

As for you ByGod, Braswell is a very good defensive coordinator and believe me we need one but he is gone and not coming back so lets move on. Not sure what your problem is with Roberts but he must not have let you play for you to be so upset with him. Anyone who has been to Soddy games this year knows that the biggest problem they have is Defense and Special Teams. They are giving up almost 50 points per game and cant kick it deep because if they do it gets returned for a TD everytime. No adjustments have been made on defense all year and I feel sorry for the kids on D because they continue to be put in bad position to try to make a play. The solution on special teams has been just kick it short(that is a great coaching move). The offense has struggled at times which can be blamed on the coach and some of his play calls are questionable especially inside the 20 but when you are trying to score 50 to win I am not sure if Steve Spurrier could call all the right plays.

The biggest problem with Soddy Daisy football is everyone in the stands knows exactly what the coaches should be doing. I sit in the stands every week and listen to everyone complain about the coaches and if they dont complain about the coaches they complain about the players. That is the biggest problem I see with Soddy Daisy football is all the negativity. I know when a team is not winning things are going to be said and I have said things myself. But I will say this, after sitting in the stands the last 2 years watching my son and listening to things people say about him I have learned that all the comments do nothing but bring the team down and these 15, 16, 17 and 18 year old kids start believing the crap they hear. I wish everyone would put as much effort in to supporting this program as they do downing it. Now lets go get 2 wins to end the season.

GO TROJANS!!!

sdbygod, you say that you played on a top 5 most talented soddy team and said that "we" only gave up 5.75 points per game when cortney was there?? I would like to know which year you played?? In my opinion the top talented teams that every came through soddy were in '98, '99, '04, and '08. Dont know much about soddy football before then but am sure there were some good teams.

First things first, it's obvious you don't pay attention to soddy football considering, braswell got fired after the first game???? Jr. (little orr) then took over as the DC, and there were 32 points scored on soddy the first four games of last year which is an average of 8 points per game. I guess you really took that soddy education to heart didnt you!!!

I happen to know 3 or 4 of the coaches pretty well, and yes that's why I defend them, because I know how hard they work, and can tell you that braswell wasn't fired upon suspicion at all, you should ask a couple of last years players mom's. Actually it was the administration that fired braswell, and can tell you that after being at the baylor scrimmage last year and listening to the way he talked to some of the kids, i'm not sure I would want my son playing for him. Also lets also state the facts, braswell was "supposedly" let go from ringold, or ridgeland, wherever he was, for getting in an altercation with a football player. Sure seems like a great role model and someone we want our children to look up to and be around doesn't he soddyfootballbygod!

Maybe after all the coaches get fired, you, fedman, and soddyman can take over and win state and the whole big town of soddy daisy can praise you!!! Yes there was a mistake made, but you can look at it two ways, someone does something they don't seem to care and make the same mistake again and again, or they realize what they have done, and used their experience to try to help others by talking to young influential kids to try to help them not to make the same mistake that he/she has made. I believe that coach roberts has done the latter and used his experience to try to help other kids. As I am sure you've never made a mistake, you may not understand that but no one is perfect so please quit ridiculing people when it's obvious you don't really know them.