BA at Father Ryan

WesVLT

The reason I don't talk about the other 2 schools you mentioned is because I don't know enough to comment. I have opinions of the issues but those opinions aren't facts, so unlike you, I'm not going to play them off as facts. I'm not associated with those schools but I am associated with BA. I can assure you no one is there for free. Your making slanderous statements that you assume to be true but have nothing to back them. You haven't said one thing on this thread that you can back up in any way. BA, Ensworth, and MBA all have outstanding schools with unbelievable facilities, and a tradition of football succcess. In those regards they are all ahead of all other school in the area, so it's no wonder kids want to go to school there.

A simple yes/no question for you.

Are you aware of any school that recently dismissed its football coach after the school said that it was conducting an investigation into possible improprieties involving financial aid for student-athletes?

I'm not going to mention names. It's not fair to kids who get swept up in the whole thing. Without mentioning names I seem to remember a little incident earlier this year with a certain envelope that was given to a kid that had cash in it. Now tell me is that proof enough of cheating? TO whoever mentioned the BA players that have been their since grade school you are right. They did go there in grade school and that is also the perfect time for the school to get them there. See there is no governing of how much aid can be given a middle school student, so they could have gone to school for free. I do not know if they did, but I know some have. As far as the students that live close to their schools I do not have any exact numbers but Ensworth boasts of having students from 48 different zip codes on their website. I suspect no matter what I say or what you say to me either of us will ever change the other ones minds.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. You "know"? No you don't know - you don't know at all. Again you sound like you're in nashville camping out with the other non-informed people at occupy nashville making stmts that have no basis in fact Without revealing my identity, I can guarantee you i know more about what is going than you do. Your accusations in fact could have legal ramifications. I won't even ack the ridiculous cash in the envelope stmt but i will address the kids get full rides stmt. There is not one kid at BA who gets a full ride - not one. I guess you also think Bush brought down the twin towers eh? Wow, did your kid play on a team that lost to BA or maybe you live in a town that lost a player to BA? The internet is an amazing thing - allows rumors and speculation that people read and then it just takes on a life of its own no matter how false that info may be. No, you don't know.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about. You "know"? No you don't know - you don't know at all. Again you sound like you're in nashville camping out with the other non-informed people at occupy nashville making stmts that have no basis in fact Without revealing my identity, I can guarantee you i know more about what is going than you do. Your accusations in fact could have legal ramifications. I won't even ack the ridiculous cash in the envelope stmt but i will address the kids get full rides stmt. There is not one kid at BA who gets a full ride - not one. I guess you also think Bush brought down the twin towers eh? Wow, did your kid play on a team that lost to BA or maybe you live in a town that lost a player to BA? The internet is an amazing thing - allows rumors and speculation that people read and then it just takes on a life of its own no matter how false that info may be. No, you don't know.

I can handle the fact that you don't know who I am yet you know I'm wrong about everything I've said and that I don't know anything. I really can care less about what you think of me. But this topic was brought up about schools lessening their integrity to win championships. And yet you don't what to comment on the envelope full of cash. So by your idea of discussing the issue we will take issue that was well publicized and disregard so you can go back to telling me how much I suck.

I understand that there was that situation at MBA. However, you didn't accuse just MBA. You accused them, Ensworth, and BA. No one is arguing what you said about MBA, something did indeed go down there. You did accuse other schools with zero evidence and that is what everyone is calling you out for.

The truth is....a student and his family living in one of the many middle Tennessee zip codes has an opportunity to attend BA, MBA, Ensworth or Ryan. They apply for financial aid, the student tested and screened, W2's and tax returns filed, they take school visits looking at the whole package. A clearing house reviews the family finances to determine if financial aid is warranted and the amount awarded if needed. (need based financial aid) The young student has played youth football and wants to play for one of the above private schools. His family sees football potential in their son and would look for the best football programs. Ryan would probably be left out. Because the student and family are looking for the best overall package, academia and athletics. BA, MBA, and Ensworth would edge out Ryan. So I would suggest Ryan improve their football program, then they might see the return of young students athletes with potential. These private schools and all of their programs (athletic, fine arts, academic) recruits the student and family. So there is your recruiting admission. If you don't like the truth, stop the financial aid and go play DII A.

Edited by shakinthefat

I would be curious to hear some MBA fans opinions on the matter after what happened. Not to bash just curious.

I am far from an MBA fan, but your recurring recital of the phrase "envelope full of cash" and the attendant inference that it was somehow nefariously designed to "recruit" a player to MBA has become tedious. As I understand the matter, the cash was donated by parents in an attempt to help a fellow football family which was facing some health problems. The student was already at MBA and was, in fact, already a member of the football team. While this was handled somewhat awkwardly, this incident had absolutely nothing to do with any attempt to "recruit" anyone and your continuous bleating to the contrary exhibits either an evil intent, simple ignorance, or some combination of the two. It really is not cool to hide behind a screen name while publishing false accusations on a message board. Since these messages are "published" electronically, they actually go beyond slander and could constitute libel. In any case, please knock it off.

I am far from an MBA fan, but your recurring recital of the phrase "envelope full of cash" and the attendant inference that it was somehow nefariously designed to "recruit" a player to MBA has become tedious. As I understand the matter, the cash was donated by parents in an attempt to help a fellow football family which was facing some health problems. The student was already at MBA and was, in fact, already a member of the football team. While this was handled somewhat awkwardly, this incident had absolutely nothing to do with any attempt to "recruit" anyone and your continuous bleating to the contrary exhibits either an evil intent, simple ignorance, or some combination of the two. It really is not cool to hide behind a screen name while publishing false accusations on a message board. Since these messages are "published" electronically, they actually go beyond slander and could constitute libel. In any case, please knock it off.

redrobin is right on. this guy simply cannot seem to comprehend facts instead continues to display what i will call ignorance. it is amazing that he keeps stating that BA, MBA, Ensworth - any school that has been successful - has handed out cash. not sure he understands there are ways to determine his identity. amazing that someone so incorrect continues to argue that he is right. simply amazing

That's what we call... recruiting.

A lot has been brought up about fact or oppinion so let me explain myself. I do not work in admissions nor do I have a child on financial aid at one of these schools so all my comments on that were obviosly not facts witnessed by my own eyes. To me after talking to some of the people I have and what they have told me they become facts because I trust them and believe they would know. I understand why you think that may be a bunch of crap. With so many kids on financial aid and coming from all around the city and other communities sometimes 30 miles outside the school I am surprised that none of you think that even one of those kids has been contacted improperly. I find it hard to believe that people that live so far from a school would contact the school apply for financial aid and then ask that a bus comes a picks the kid up. To me it seems much more likely that that would be offered. I will tell you that I am not ignorant and the only act of ignorance would be for me to continue this further as it will go nowhere but a bunch of name calling. The only thing that would make any difference would be a scandall to come out in the papers. This will be my last post on this and I probably won't check these boards for a while. But next time your at a middle school game and you see a coach from one of these schools there or when you here about the kid from public shool a little north of here transfering to one of these schools just think about it.

Sorry to have ruffled so many feathers, I am actually a nice guy but these were my beliefs on the subject. I suggest everyone goes back to talking about the fun stuff like this frifday's games.