Big Games in Memphis

kwc

It's strange. There isn't a story or recap in the Commercial Appeal. There aren't any stats for the game. They don't even mention the game in the Preps section of todays paper. Yet, you go look on the statistical data page where the box scores are listed in the sports section and there it is ... a tiny blip ... Hamilton 20, Central 19. If you weren't looking for it on purpose, you wouldn't see it. Hamilton has the possibility to do something it hasn't been able to achieve in over a decade ... possibly two decades (I haven't actually researched this) and it's going virtually unnoticed.

Oh well.

Kudos to the Hamilton Wildcats. You guys got the job done ... some how, some way, you scratched out a win. It may not seem big now ... but it is definately something to build upon.

True, it is hard to find any information on Hamilton. I remember a few years ago it was sometimes Sunday before you could even find the score on the TSSAA website. Is the school in a bad area or does just nobody go to the games over there? Since I can remember (which admittedly has been a while), Hamilton has been irrelevant. Now with them having a playoff possibility, you still can't find any information on them. I know that since coacht was formed this has to be the most anybody has ever talked about them. Maybe the Commercial Appeal will do an article or something on them since this could be the biggest year for the football team in a long time! Literally 1 win away from the playoffs.

True, it is hard to find any information on Hamilton. I remember a few years ago it was sometimes Sunday before you could even find the score on the TSSAA website. Is the school in a bad area or does just nobody go to the games over there? Since I can remember (which admittedly has been a while), Hamilton has been irrelevant. Now with them having a playoff possibility, you still can't find any information on them. I know that since coacht was formed this has to be the most anybody has ever talked about them. Maybe the Commercial Appeal will do an article or something on them since this could be the biggest year for the football team in a long time! Literally 1 win away from the playoffs.

Plus GWAVE...the Hamilton Wildcats "could be" the Patriots opening round opponent on November 4th in Paris!

Edited by QBClubPrez

Plus GWAVE...the Hamilton Wildcats "could be" the Patriots opening round opponent on November 4th in Paris!

Yeah I know. I bet they would bring 25 or maybe even 30 fans to that game. Seriously, the Patriots could entertain all Memphis schools for the 1st 3 rounds of the playoffs. While Gallatin could have to face all district opponents again. Kind of crazy.

Yeah I know. I bet they would bring 25 or maybe even 30 fans to that game. Seriously, the Patriots could entertain all Memphis schools for the 1st 3 rounds of the playoffs. While Gallatin could have to face all district opponents again. Kind of crazy.

GWAVE1:

I don't know what it is. But, it isn't just Hamilton. Whitehaven, currently ranked 4th in the state in 6A in the AP poll, played Hamilton on September 30. I went out of town that week end so I couldn't go to the game. When I return and I took a look in the local paper's Saturday print I couldn't find any statistical data on the Whitehaven game. Just the score. The Whitehaven games have a very good following. That's not the only time I've looked in the paper and I couldn't find stats on a Whitehaven game. I'm willing to bet, Whitehaven and Hamilton aren't the only schools ... those are the two I just noticed and that I remember. There have been other occassions where I looked for information on a game and it just wasn't listed ... not even the score. TSSAA didn't have a score and needless to say, neither did CoachT. It would be some time later when the score was reported or made known to the public. I'm sure there are other City of Memphis high school football fans who have experienced this ... I'm not the only one.

Edited by kwc

GWAVE1:

I don't know what it is. But, it isn't just Hamilton. Whitehaven, currently ranked 4th in the state in 6A in the AP poll, played Hamilton on September 30. I went out of town that week end so I couldn't go to the game. When I return and I took a look in the local paper's Saturday print I couldn't find any statistical data on the Whitehaven game. Just the score. The Whitehaven games have a very good following. That's not the only time I've looked in the paper and I couldn't find stats on a Whitehaven game. I'm willing to bet, Whiyehaven and Hamilton aren't the only schools ... those are the two I just noticed and that I remember. There have been other occassions where I looked for information on a game and it just wasn't listed ... not even the score. TSSAA didn't have a score and needless to say, neither did CoachT. It would be some time later when the score was reported or made known to the public. I'm sure there are other City of Memphis high school football fans who have experienced this ... I'm not the only one.

Back a few years ago when I was following 5-A, I always had a hard time with the Hamilton scores. Especially the Hamilton/Kirby game. Hamilton never gave any information to Murphy Fair's preseason magazine and I had no way of knowing their schedule. Hamilton always had gaps in their overall record but then again they were always horrible and usually were the losers. I had to go back over the TSSAA scores from past weeks just to get score that had been added late.

Oh well, Hamilton has to be happy about the chance for the playoffs anyway.

On a different note:

Last night Booker T Washington high school beat Northside 74-0. They scored 40 unanswered in the 1st quarter and 19 unasnwered in the 2nd quarter to go in at the half 59-0. It is obvious from the score that Northside doesn't have a football team ... just some bodies in uniform. They haven't had a winning season since I can remember. Heck ... I can't remember the last time they won a game. It has to be severely hard to go to school the next day and face your fellow school mates and endure the criticism. Well ... at this point the student body is probably in total apathy mode.

The question remains however, ... How on earth do you turn that thing around?

I am sorry that I missed a couple of games and am late with my picks this week. I was out of town tending to personal matters. Here are my picks:

1) Briarcrest (4-4) @ CBHS (5-2): CBHS-28, Briarcrest-17

2) Craigmont (4-3) @ Millington (6-1): Millington-23, Craigmont-18

3) Germantown (4-3) @ Houston (3-4): Houston-23, Germantown-13 (assuming no Lowe)

4) MUS (4-3) @ St. Benedict (5-1): MUS-30, St. Benedict-10

5) Ridgeway (4-3) vs Southwind (5-2) @ Halle: Ridgeway-28, Southwind-23

6) St. George's (6-1) @ USJ (7-1): USJ-24, St. George's-14

I am sorry that I missed a couple of games and am late with my picks this week. I was out of town tending to personal matters. Here are my picks:

1) Briarcrest (4-4) @ CBHS (5-2): CBHS-28, Briarcrest-17

2) Craigmont (4-3) @ Millington (6-1): Millington-23, Craigmont-18

3) Germantown (4-3) @ Houston (3-4): Houston-23, Germantown-13 (assuming no Lowe)

4) MUS (4-3) @ St. Benedict (5-1): MUS-30, St. Benedict-10

5) Ridgeway (4-3) vs Southwind (5-2) @ Halle: Ridgeway-28, Southwind-23

6) St. George's (6-1) @ USJ (7-1): USJ-24, St. George's-14

Thank you my man ... late entry and all ... it is still greatly appreciated.