northeast tennessee preview

johnk731

Cloudland has all the components to win the state title this year. The transfer of the rhodes girl just put more cement on the foundation. Dont forget guards haley johnson and speedy senior sidney miller. Summer hughes and miller are deadly 3 ballers as well as clarke. It will be a pick your poison kind of team

Plus, Matt demands all out effort,especially on defense.

Edited by Bluengoldblood

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my top 3 teams to go to the state tournament from upper East Eennessee.

Science Hill- Coach Barnwell has a very athletic group of kids, very good shooters and alot of depth this year. I think they will win the conference with Tennessee High finishing second. Their toughest opponent will more than likely not be until they reach the substate to where they could possibly run into someone like Knox Farragut or Morristown West,Tianna Tarter and sophomore forwards Enjelica Reid and Shy Copney played a very big part in last years state tournament to go along with sharp shooter Morgan Knack. Good guard play to go along with a good shooters and post game and throw in the depth of good role players Science Hill should deffinitely be in the Murfreesboro come March.

Cloudland- Cloudland returns everyone back from last year including 6'2 transfer D1 prospect Brooke Rhodes and two very good Sophmores in 5'11 Courtney Wilson and 5'5 sharp Shooter Courtney Clarke.they go very deep off of the bench and in my opnion I think they cake walk to the state tournament but you better believe teams are going to make the Highlanders beat them from the outside so I believe their biggest challenge is their guards knocking down outside shots. More than likely they will face someone like Wartburg Oneida or Oakdale in the substate which I dont think will be a problem for the Highlanders.

North Greene- After just falling short of a state title last year North Greene is looking to get back to Murfreesboro returning 4 out of 5 starters off of last years team and 2 super players in Laken Morrow and Mindy Mcneese. I think in order for North Greene to get back to the Murfreesboro they are going to have to create some type of depth to go along with a very tough starting 5. They are the type of team that will wear you down offensively in their halfcourt set and can beat you from the outside as well. They deffinitely do a good job of attacking the rim and in my opinion have one of the most underrated coaches in East Tennessee James Buchannan who has been doing a successful job.I think it will be between both North Greene and Cloudland in their conference and regionals but both teams are good enough to win on the road in the substate.

• 2 weeks later...