Lexington 2nd to Greenville in AP? Is this a joke?

TriplesAlley

FUNNY THING I WAS LOOKING AT THE PAST STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS AND I AM HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING LEXINGTON'S NAME ANYWHERE IN THE FINALS LETS SEE 2010 GREENEVILLE STATE CHAMPS - 2009 RUNNER UP STATE CHAMPS - MADE PLAYOFFS 008 07 ETC.... LETS FACE IT WHEN U WIN SOMETHING U CAN BRING UNTIL U DO! BEST THING TO DO IS STAY ON THE SHORT BUS , CAUSE THATS ALL U WILL EVER BE ABLE TO RIDE!

CAPITAL LETTERS RAWRAWRAWRAWRAWR.

Calm down child. I haven't once said that Lexington needs to be number one and that they're better than Greeneville. Honestly no one on this thread cares about what greeneville has done in the past, the thumping of alcoa speaks for itself. You're way to ignorant understand all of this I understand. Oh, and your "Short Bus" reference should be redirected towards yourself because you can't type, punctuate, or put your thoughts down where they can actually be easily understood. :thumb:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should realize that an inflated Greenville ranking due to a soft schedule fools people into believing their good? Greenville in no more than garbage in a gold wrapper. When your team gets in front of a real program the wake up call will come, I will give Greenville some credit, they would probably finish 3rd in our district in front of Liberty, but behind Chester County. Sorry AllThatMatters, that's what happens when your district is actually tough.

People like you are why you should have to pass a test to have the internet. Its fine to have your opinion and everyone should support their team but why call out a team you obviously know nothing about. So let me get this straight greeneville sucks they have a really soft schedule and when a real program gets in front of them they'll get creamed. Well here are some interesting facts for you first that soft schedule you speak of

Since we are in week eight

Greeneville's opponents records 34-22

Lexington's opponents records 20-37

Greeneville's schedule strength rank is 24th while Lexington's is 99th

Lexington has only played two teams with a winning record

Lexington has won three games by only a touchdown one of which to a terrible team

And as far a real program I guess you have never heard Alcoa and their 12 state championships there is at least three teams on Greeneville's schedule that would beat Lexington so go ahead and keep dreaming you wont even make it by a three loss maplewood team if they go quad three

People like you are why you should have to pass a test to have the internet. Its fine to have your opinion and everyone should support their team but why call out a team you obviously know nothing about. So let me get this straight greeneville sucks they have a really soft schedule and when a real program gets in front of them they'll get creamed. Well here are some interesting facts for you first that soft schedule you speak of

Since we are in week eight

Greeneville's opponents records 34-22

Lexington's opponents records 20-37

Greeneville's schedule strength rank is 24th while Lexington's is 99th

Lexington has only played two teams with a winning record

Lexington has won three games by only a touchdown one of which to a terrible team

And as far a real program I guess you have never heard Alcoa and their 12 state championships there is at least three teams on Greeneville's schedule that would beat Lexington so go ahead and keep dreaming you wont even make it by a three loss maplewood team if they go quad three

Ok I been to every Lexington Game this year but one and a BIG FAN. I dont see us even making it to play Greenville. Lexington is prolly gonna get knocked off by either Liberty or Chester County, because they cant play defense.

Lexington has a soft spot and thats it. I dont see Greenville winning it all again though, somewhere i think someone will beat them. I may be wrong, but in sure they are not last years team

I'm afraid you're mistaken mam.

no all 10 of them are assigned by TSSAA specifcally so they are not local. Of course after the bus incident with Trezevant in Cookeville, I can see why they might be wary of firing up the locals in Memphis. Perhaps there was an outside influence.

You might wont to check with TSSAA then because you are not suppose to have officials from your home districts during the Play-offs

Hey maybe you can join SM and appeal your loss to Trezevant...they already have an appointment with the BOC and yall can split the cost wen you both lose.

Hey maybe you can join SM and appeal your loss to Trezevant...they already have an appointment with the BOC and yall can split the cost wen you both lose.

My statement agreed with what you said barb that the officials couldn't be from the hometown team since TSSAA does not let that happen. :ph34r:

The devils would mercy rule Lexington.

I am from Lexington and love my Tigers, but you are absolutely correct. Look at what they done to Trezevant last year, and Lexington got beat pretty good by them. Bottom Line is Greeneville is the REAL deal. I am a Lot more worried with getting past Liberty or CC again.

I am from Lexington and love my Tigers, but you are absolutely correct. Look at what they done to Trezevant last year, and Lexington got beat pretty good by them. Bottom Line is Greeneville is the REAL deal. I am a Lot more worried with getting past Liberty or CC again.

Now there is a thinking person's post. I saw Liberty last night and the Crusaders have potential to cause any team problems. As for Greenville, they are the defending champs and have shown no reason this year not to be ranked number one. Everyone take care of business and it will be settled in Cookeville.

Call it as I see it. I'm from W. Tennessee and a fan of the Haywood district. Greeneville is the real deal. They are consistently good and an excellent program. Lexington is a good program as well, great atmosphere & class to boot. I've seen them call the dawgs off several times over the years. Good fan support & good people. At the same time the district is not traditionally strong. Lexington is definitely the class of the district. Chester County is rarely relevant, they've had basically two strong teams in the last twenty years, this year's club & 03's team I think. Also looks like CC may be a little overrated this season. Lexington is usually an average WT team, but solid nonetheless. They usually don't advance in the playoffs. David Lipscomb more often than not has been a nemesis of W.T. teams in the playoffs. So as I see it, Lexington is a good solid program just not usually a title contender. Maybe this year they will be (only the games on the field will decide). Being a Haywood fan I will tell it like it is. Haywood is terrible, the worst in their 100 year history. Hired a superintendent with little or no academic leadership/experience, as well as let him hire two football coaches. He doesn't have a clue. It doesn't look good for Haywood County. Anyway Greeneville is legit @ 1 and so is Lexington @ 2, at least it appears this year. Good luck to both. Maybe they'll meet in title game to decide, though I wouldn't bet they'll both be there. However if they both make it, I'll make a wager.

Edited by StBentley