Oneida vs. Coalfield

I firmly agree that illegal plays should be flagged. As to what happened last year or in 88 I wasn't there. As to the play in question from last night as it happened I know Coalfield didn't cheer it...I was right in the middle of the crowd from start to finish.

Your comment about about horse collars and late hits should be made for us not Oneida. I clearly saw a horse collar against our RB (not-called) I saw at least 2 hits on our players when they had already stepped out of bounds (not called) & I saw one blatant kick (not called) against our best lineman forcing him out of the next play.

So I guess those home cooking refs did a disservice to Coalfield as well huh? Besides if all these refs were from Roane & Morgan counties(which I'm certain all weren't & none were former students)...why would they help us? We're despised, disrespected and disregarded by most in the football world. From major print media, Knoxville radio & others. But that's OK I think Coalfield is happy to be the underdog.

I totally agree with your statement "What matters is the game is played with a level of honor and integrity. That is unquestionable!" You're absolutely right!

My point is, that we do a disservice to these kids if we imply things like: the opponent always cheats, the refs are paid off...etc. Kids today need to learn the lesson of manning up when beaten and grace if victory comes our way.

First, Coalfield is despised, more than Oneida. Are you kidding? The refs, who are from Morgan and Roane Co. always make the call against Oneida, always. You would be surprised how many familar faces are on the zebra crew, look it up.

Second, I am not denying the fact Coalfield whipped Oneida. The Indians called down the thunder and paid the price. Seems like two and three years ago, Coalfield got the same whippin by Oneida. Everyone takes their turn on the whippin post. I never said the missed/bad calls had anything to do with the beat down. Once again, Im not making excuses for loss. Coalfield outplayed Oneida in every facet of the game. Once again, let me be clear. I never said the cheap shots or lack of refereeing had anything to do with outcome of the game. Coalfield outworked Oneida and the Indians quit playing in the 2nd half.

Third, What small school doesnt get the shaft from the media? Like Coalfield is the only one? Who are they gonna serve? The Tens of thousands of folks in Knoxville or the hundereds of people out here in the boondocks. Of course rural schools get the short end. Always have, always will.

What makes me angry is that in the last 10 games, 2 boys from Onieda have been put out by cheap shots. Our kicker, who has an excellent chance of getting Mr. Tennessee, was being targeted out of sheer meaness and hatred. And when the flag was thrown, I heard the entire Coalfield crowd boo the call. Just like when when our reciever got his ribs cracked. Obvious penalty, the Coalfield crowd boo'd the call. What doest that tell you? I heard the boos. It was two clear cut case's and the Coalfield crowd, instead of sitting quitely going "Dang, we need to calm down some", boo'd the call!

Edited by SmashMouth

I think they've already inked this one boys, who we got NEXT week?

Brother, once again, you are correct. I honestly hope this game doesn't spiral down into a meat grinder where 2 and 3 kids are getting injured every year.

Also, I am proud of Coach Henry. He battled through some tough years and is reaping the efforts of his hard work. Proves he is one of the best coaches in East TN. The middle school program at Coalfield should be given credit too! Those men do a very good job of coaching up the youngsters.

Edited by SmashMouth

What I saw was a team that came out playing hard, but as the game went on the secondary look confused and the d line could not put pressure on the QB. Offensive could not run the ball and the passing game needed to shorten the throws using the backs and tightens. I saw nothing that made me think that a few calls one way or the other would have changed the conclusion that we just got our butts kicked . The best thing I saw was the dogs performance. Learn from this game and move on to preparation for next week.

Why all the hate on the Jackets all I saw was a hard hitting game. Oneida talks about class I remember back in 92 when the Indians won the state and beat the Jackets in the last regular season game after the game and adults taunting the Coalfield players calling them names. Oneida did dance on the Jacket Friday night maybe they will learn a lesson wait and do the dance after you have proven you have something to dance about. Not even our 2 biggest rivals OS and Wartburg have ever shown that kind or disrespect or arrogance.

• Upvote 1

Maybe you said it adults trying to express thoughts of a game played by kids. I don't think anyone is bashing the jackets. Just alot emotion and frustration being expressed. You should never let anything said on CoachT take from your team or think it is a true reflection of a community. Oneida fans wish only the best for all their competition, because that is what we all our a community trying to raise children to be their best on and off the field.

Edited by CleatlessInjun

Surely all this talk isn't about a bug thats painted on the field?

No I think its about oneida getting their butts handed to them and a few and I mean few oneida fans not being able to handle it. I attended the game and it looked like a hard fought game from both sides. coalfield was just dominate in all aspects of the game except for the place kicker that kid can kick. As far as the dirty play some on here talk about I just didnt see it.

No I think its about oneida getting their butts handed to them and a few and I mean few oneida fans not being able to handle it. I attended the game and it looked like a hard fought game from both sides. coalfield was just dominate in all aspects of the game except for the place kicker that kid can kick. As far as the dirty play some on here talk about I just didnt see it.

Dang, I hate it when I run my big mouth without seeing a play in person and since I DID’NT see THAT play, I thought I better check it out. Fair is fair! Upon further review, the late hit on the kicker wasn’t a cheap shot. I should have known a Coach Henry team wouldn’t be playing like that. There’s a big difference in aggressive and cheap and unless you see it, better not say anything.

Like I said before, I played in a different time and region. A cheap shot on the kicker is like insta-fight. Worst of the worst! No waiting for the refs to mark off yards. It’s instant revenge, immediately. No questions asked, start swinging the fists. But, that was long ago when dinosaurs ruled the Earth.

Either way, I have to suck it up and apologize for my tirade. It was a good hit and a mistake by the ref.

But, I stand behind my views on the referee situation and the fact that Coalfield whipped Oneida fair and square. Out classed us the whole game.

Winning and loosing doesn’t matter as much as how you win and loose. I hope the Indians will learn what they can and go back to work this afternoon. As for me, I’m retiring from CoachT for the rest of the year and gonna go read my Bible.

Easy there Old School-I questioned some of the cheap shots Coalfield threw a few weeks ago and about got run out on a rail :rolleyes: Nah, seriously, Coalfield might have done some late hitting lately, but their also hitting on all cylinders now so I think their getting in playoff form now! By the way, old44, I looked at the box scores in the paper today at Wartburg's win against Jellico last night and I didn't see Laymance's name. Was he held out for injury or what? Did he play?

Sorry i don't know had to pick so I picked this weeks game with OZ some times the wife just gets her way