Covington @ Milan

CHARGERFAN

No disrespect Bulldawg Girl, but this website is about high school sports. Therefore I think high school kids have the right to get on here and post there opinion as well. Kindly selfish to say that high school kids shouldnt be on a website pertaining to high school sports. Im not a high school kid or fan of either program, just thought id share my .02 cents. As i said before, no disrespect.

GO REBELS!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no dog in this fight! This is just my .02 cents! I can garuntee that the players of Covington will play harder for a coach that went to Mid field ready to fight for his team, then they would if he just stood on the sideline and said "Oh Well"! Whether it's unsportsmanlike or not!

Edited by use2play4cc

I have no dog in this fight! This is just my .02 cents! I can garuntee that the players of Covington will play harder for a coach that went to Mid field ready to fight for his team, then they would if he just stood on the sideline and said "Oh Well"! Whether it's unsportsmanlike or not!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What he said ..... :thumb:

I don't get it! I'm trying to figure out the fantasy world you guys are in where it is ACCEPTABLE for a HEAD COACH to walk 20 yards on to the field, YELLING, trying to physically FIGHT with a TSSAA official, and cause the game to be stopped for 5 minutes or more!!! Milan's police department had to stand guard over Covington's sideline!

Maybe that's why Milan is good year in and year out....maybe we're just taught to a higher standard idk....but where I come from, that is UNACCEPTABLE behavior!

You know I don't understand why people have said on here that Covington was so big up front. Have you seen the size of there o- line there guards are four foot tall! No offense to them. Only big one was the center. Milan's lines on both sides of the ball were huge compared to Covington. In regards to the comments made about the coatchings staffs: Milan's staff is good and so is Covington's. The reason the HC for Covington had no success at Ripley was bc the attitude of the players at the end of the day. You either want it or you don't and Covington's players have huge hearts bc those guys are extremely small and fought the big boys from Milan all night long. And as to Covington's HC reaction to the call at the end he did the right thing.

Edited by tbiggs

You know, I am sorry that I missed this game. That was only the 6th Covington Charger game that I have missed since 1985 (including home, away, playoffs or bowl games). I had decided to travel to New Orleans for a college game on Saturday, so I missed this game.

I did not see the controversy, but I will say that if two game officials make opposite calls on a play, then that does lead to some question about what the right call should be. I can't add any more because I was not there. But, in general, Coach Wheeler is doing the kind of job I want to see from a Covington coach. I think that you do have to stand up for your kids. I have seen coaches who won't and that is not likely to inspire your players. Again I can't comment on the specifics because I was not there.

I will congratulate Milan on a victory because that is how it turned out.

I will also congratulate my Chargers on coming back to make it a close game at the end after turning the ball over some earlier in the game to put themselves in a hole. I still think that the Chargers can have a good run in the playoffs if we keep our heads on straight.

Don't have a dog in this as well, however I am a fan of the district. Typically coaches that win on a regular basics can better handle adversity, they've won before & know they're gonna win again. Don't get caught up on one play or loss. It's how your react during adversity that defines a person's(coach's) character not when things are going to their advantage. Am I wrong? jmo... Do you wanna respond like Trezavant. If Trezvant coach did this what would be your thoughts. just saying

Don't have a dog in this as well, however I am a fan of the district. Typically coaches that win on a regular basics can better handle adversity, they've won before & know they're gonna win again. Don't get caught up on one play or loss. It's how your react during adversity that defines a person's(coach's) character not when things are going to their advantage. Am I wrong? jmo... Do you wanna respond like Trezavant. If Trezvant coach did this what would be your thoughts. just saying

I would say way to stand up for your kids! I don't know the story behind Trezevants actions at the Championship game! So my thoughts would be exactly what I stated earlier! All Coaches stand up for what they believe is the right call in every sport! Some handle it in different ways! I can garuntee he's not the first to march to mid field and definitely won't be the last!