BOONE @ SOUTH

FUB

Stew Peed's Question of the Day

If South loses to Boone, is there a possiblilty no 5A school representing the Big 8 will have a home game in the playoffs? :unsure:

Stew Peed's question of the day brought to you today by RebelConvert.

P.S. Thanks! I just can't wrap my head around it. Guess I should just hush, quit tryin, and wait til the TSSAA tells me how it is. :wacko:

Very slight...someone would have to pull an upset to get to 6-4 and beat them out on the tiebreakers. I am more concerned with the possibility of playing a 5-5 Mo-East team rather then a 5-5 South-Doyle team. Those are the most likely opponents for South whether 6-4 or 7-3. I still believe Boone will make it in even at 4-6, so this game is probably not as important as everyone is trumping it up to be.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very slight...someone would have to pull an upset to get to 6-4 and beat them out on the tiebreakers. I am more concerned with the possibility of playing a 5-5 Mo-East team rather then a 5-5 South-Doyle team. Those are the most likely opponents for South whether 6-4 or 7-3. I still believe Boone will make it in even at 4-6, so this game is probably not as important as everyone is trumping it up to be.

I don't see it working out the way it is currently standing in Quad 1 on the TSSAA website.

1. M West 7-1 Cocke Co. and Seymour

2. S Doyle 5-3 Sev Co. and Jeff Co.

3. Cherokee 5-3 Seymour and Cocke Co.

4. South 5-3 Boone and Central

5. M East 4-4 Jeff Co. and Sev Co.

6. Cocke Co. 4-4 M West and Cherokee

7. TN Hi 4-4 Hill and Vol

8. Boone 3-5 South and Crockett

1. M West will win out 9-1

2. Cherokee will win out 7-3

3. South will either be 7-3 or 6-4

4. M East will be 5-5

5. S Doyle will be 5-5

6. TN Hi will be 5-5

7. Boone will either be 5-5 or 4-6

8. Cocke Co. will be 4-6

That is obviously just my opinion not fact. If that does occur then I don't see how if Boone and Cocke Co. are both 4-6 that they will both make it.

Ok, back to hushin, quitin, and waitin. The more I speak the more ignorance I show. :blink:

I don't see it working out the way it is currently standing in Quad 1 on the TSSAA website.

4. M East will be 5-5

5. S Doyle will be 5-5

6. TN Hi will be 5-5

8. Cocke Co. will be 4-6

That is obviously just my opinion not fact. If that does occur then I don't see how if Boone and Cocke Co. are both 4-6 that they will both make it.

Ok, back to hushin, quitin, and waitin. The more I speak the more ignorance I show. :blink:

I would love to get to see the Vikings play South in the first round. :popcorneater:

4. M East will be 5-5

5. S Doyle will be 5-5

6. TN Hi will be 5-5

8. Cocke Co. will be 4-6

Cocke Co.. will not make it at 4-6. Knox West will re-enter quad 1 at the #2 seed, everyone else will slide down. Hence my concern with playing a very strong 5-5 Morristown East team. Also hence my reasoning for Boone being the #8 seed regardless of 4-6 or 5-5. Make sense now???

Cocke Co.. will not make it at 4-6. Knox West will re-enter quad 1 at the #2 seed, everyone else will slide down. Hence my concern with playing a very strong 5-5 Morristown East team. Also hence my reasoning for Boone being the #8 seed regardless of 4-6 or 5-5. Make sense now???

if boone gets to 5-5 any way due to tie breakers they jump east or south doyle?

if boone gets to 5-5 any way due to tie breakers they jump east or south doyle?

They would not pass a 5-5 Mo-East or South-Doyle the way I'm looking at it TS. But I had overlooked their possibility of passing a 5-5 Tennessee High. I'm not sure you'd want to go back to Knoxville this year instead of Morristown though.

They would not pass a 5-5 Mo-East or South-Doyle the way I'm looking at it TS. But I had overlooked their possibility of passing a 5-5 Tennessee High. I'm not sure you'd want to go back to Knoxville this year instead of Morristown though.

I would think the head to head matchup would keep TH ahead of Boone. I would love to get another shot at Cherokee because that was one of the worst games I have seen Boone play in a long time. Looks like if we get in we will get West though.

I would think the head to head matchup would keep TH ahead of Boone. I would love to get another shot at Cherokee because that was one of the worst games I have seen Boone play in a long time. Looks like if we get in we will get West though.

The head to head does not matter in this system, other than 1 team getting a win and the other a loss. If Boone and Tennessee High both finish at 5-5 Boone will be the higher seed primarily because they beat a directional-Greene team with a 5win or better season while Tennessee High was beating a winless Johnson Co. It's as simple or complicated as that. However you chose to look at it.