Hickman v.s East Hickman?

bulldogs09

I don't know how I get sucked into this stupid crap... but apparently you don't know much about East Hickman! Middle School went 10-0 and won MTAC 3 years in a row... young talent! High School JV team stomped C'ville for two years straight among beating other teams! I won't jump into your coach-bashing, but I will defend our young players... Our QB is a sophmore, his STATS will only get better, so hey Clay... yes, I can definately see him getting recruited! I will be sure to let you know what lucky college team gets him. :thumb:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how I get sucked into this stupid crap... but apparently you don't know much about East Hickman! Middle School went 10-0 and won MTAC 3 years in a row... young talent! High School JV team stomped C'ville for two years straight among beating other teams! I won't jump into your coach-bashing, but I will defend our young players... Our QB is a sophmore, his STATS will only get better, so hey Clay... yes, I can definately see him getting recruited! I will be sure to let you know what lucky college team gets him. :thumb:

Apparently you don't know much about East either. Waverly won the MTAC last year, and Fairview won it the year before.

I was an all-state player and I played college football and I saw East Hickman's film against Waverly. They have NO PLAYERS that have a prayer of playing on the college level. They do have some ignorant parents who "think" that this is the case. That's about it though...

Coming from you and reading your other posts... I take your comments and unless you are a COLLEGE recruiter, I could careless about your OPINION! I am a parent of a college player AND an all-state player, and I take offense to your calling East parents "ignorant" ~ read some of your own posts, and IGNORANT would come to my mind about YOU! I stand corrected on the MTAC stats, but I do know our team has won it twice, once while my son was a player... I thought they had won it last year, but I stand corrected. Lets talk in a couple years ~ maybe you will have a different opinion, but the way these posts read ~ YOU ARE NEVER WRONG!

Edited by carrievh

Coming from you and reading your other posts... I take your comments and unless you are a COLLEGE recruiter, I could careless about your OPINION! I am a parent of a college player AND an all-state player, and I take offense to your calling East parents "ignorant" ~ read some of your own posts, and IGNORANT would come to my mind about YOU! I stand corrected on the MTAC stats, but I do know our team has won it twice, once while my son was a player... I thought they had won it last year, but I stand corrected. Lets talk in a couple years ~ maybe you will have a different opinion, but the way these posts read ~ YOU ARE NEVER WRONG!

Just curious....did your son play for E.Hickman?

Blah Blah Blah..........that's all I read from some of you people

I am done on this topic. Good Luck Bulldogs. You guys should have nothing to worry about in this one.

I have nothing but respect for Coach Jones, before you spout your mouth off about something youDoNotKnow,you need to ask Coach Jones you idiot. He was handtied by Supt. Nash who listened to a few loudmouth parents. I would not Coach with that jerk telling me what I can and cannot do. He had rules, and he was hard nose Coach on the kids like I would expect him to be. Jones would not tolerate this nonsense going on with this team. This coach (King) is a nice guy ,I see him almost everyday,but he just is not a Football coach, he is way too lax trying to keep people happy, it is sad. So shut your mouth if you dont know what you are talking about..........AND YOU DONT. Stick with your stats.

Let's ask Lewis County about HC's former coach. The higher beings need to let a coach coach and not listen to parents complaints. Superintendent and principals need to tell the parents that are calling with all the complaints about the coaching or the lack of their kids play time on the field to take it up with the coach and let the coach straighten parents out. Our former coach was fighting a losing battle until he figured out he didn't have to fight, he could just leave. And that he did! He took himself, which was a very good teacher, and his wife , which was a very good teacher also, and headed southwest. Now Lewis Co has at least 2 great teachers, and Lewis Co loves them. I would just bet that any coach that is a worth is grain in salt does not like to lose and would give anything to suit up and go back out on the football field, but unfortunately they can't. A coach can tell their players all day long to do this or that on the field but they can't force them to do it. Any coach has to have a player playing for them and wanting to win for the coach, the team, themselves, the school, and the community. The coach should have the respect of any player that is playing on his team and until that is given and kids aren't listening to the parents at home bash a coach, then a school can have a successful football team. Its easy for parents to sit in the stands and coach when very few have ever played the game.

Some people in Hickman County will never get it! I can remember when it was decided that the HC school board said they are going to build a new school in Lyles. The Lyles community was extremely excited. All I heard was: Centerville does not consider us to be part of the school community. My kids will not play @ HC because they will not get a fair chance. We will not be like HC. We will do it the right way. We have learned what NOT to do from Centerville. It didn't take long (4 years) to see the communities of Lyles and Centerville are one in the same. Hickman County as a whole has been labeled as "coach killers" for years now. To the people of Lyles trying to run the system, you will never be successful until you let the coaches coach. Leave them alone. I personally did not sign the "petition" because it is wrong & unethical. Support your school, players & coaches. Do not bad mouth them. It is only hurting the kids in the long run.

Amen brother! That's what it should be about.....THE KIDS! We're not put on this earth to live our lives through our kids.

Edited by hchsbulldogfan

East Hickman 42 - c-ville 28. all the outsiders say its about the kids, until they have walked in our shoes they need to keep there thoughts to them selfs. cause we are doing what needs to be done for our kids. maybe the school system should start doing things for the kids and not for each other or just the teachers kids.

all the outsiders would love to see things stay the same, why would they want us to be better,they like us being the easy win on the calender. lets hope after the season things can get headed in the right direction for east and we dont THROW another season away,