CPA - Lipscomb

CPA4Ever

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The win against Pearl Cohn was good, but the 35-0 loss to Maplewood, 34-0 loss to Goodpasture, and barely beating Greenbrier by a point just doesn't have me convinced. If CPA plays good then I just don't think it's going to be close.

Wish it would happen, but don't see 30-6 UNLESS CPA has a 2 TD lead early, and DL has to abandon the run to catch up. This game will be mostly determined by who gets and holds the lead. DL wants to run and run clock, shortening the game, and keeping the score low, like they did with Pearl.

CPA wants to score early and quick, forcing DL to defend everything and abandon the run in the 2nd half.

DL is a better team than most think due to early struggles, but CPA will challenge them offensively more than Pearl did, as Pearl is more one-dimensional.

I still guess CPA 28-14. DL only scored 14 on PC, and I believe CPA's defense is a little better than PC.

Throw in some key penalties, special team plays, turnovers, and all the above goes out the window.

Wish it would happen, but don't see 30-6 UNLESS CPA has a 2 TD lead early, and DL has to abandon the run to catch up. This game will be mostly determined by who gets and holds the lead. DL wants to run and run clock, shortening the game, and keeping the score low, like they did with Pearl.

CPA wants to score early and quick, forcing DL to defend everything and abandon the run in the 2nd half.

DL is a better team than most think due to early struggles, but CPA will challenge them offensively more than Pearl did, as Pearl is more one-dimensional.

I still guess CPA 28-14. DL only scored 14 on PC, and I believe CPA's defense is a little better than PC.

Throw in some key penalties, special team plays, turnovers, and all the above goes out the window.

Pearl-Cohn beat Maplewood

CPA lost to Maplewood

Pearl-Cohn drilled East Literature

CPA squeaked by East Literature

Your theory of comparing scores makes no sense.....DL did not have some key players (i.e. Cooper Jackson) when they were struggling a few weeks ago.

Pearl-Cohn beat Maplewood

CPA lost to Maplewood

Pearl-Cohn drilled East Literature

CPA squeaked by East Literature

Your theory of comparing scores makes no sense.....DL did not have some key players (i.e. Cooper Jackson) when they were struggling a few weeks ago.

C'mon, Howdo, you are a better poster than that! Read my post again. I only used the DL/PC game for comparison, a game in which DL had their key players back. I have already admitted DL has gotten better, but I still say if they only scored 14 on PC, they will have to hold CPA to that or less to win. CPA's defense is as good as PC. The DL coach himself admitted the key to the PC win was the ground game and time of possession.

C'mon, Howdo, you are a better poster than that! Read my post again. I only used the DL/PC game for comparison, a game in which DL had their key players back. I have already admitted DL has gotten better, but I still say if they only scored 14 on PC, they will have to hold CPA to that or less to win. CPA's defense is as good as PC. The DL coach himself admitted the key to the PC win was the ground game and time of possession.

I wasn't trying to call you out I just get stirred up sometimes when score comparisons are made. There are many factors that one must take into account that don't show up by simply reading a score. That's all I was trying to say!

I wasn't trying to call you out I just get stirred up sometimes when score comparisons are made. There are many factors that one must take into account that don't show up by simply reading a score. That's all I was trying to say!

No problem :thumb:. I always like your posts. They are well thought out. There is some validity to comparitive scores, but you can't hang your hat on them, especially in high school. For example, we beat GP 35-14 week one, but I sure don't want to play them again in the playoffs. I was at the game. GP self destructed early, got frustrated, and couldn't pull it back together. They have since. Maplewood made some key mistakes and lost to PC; CPA made some late mistakes and lost to Maplewood.

Come playoff time, turnovers, special teams, penalties, mistakes mean more than comparitive scores earlier in the season.

No problem :thumb:. I always like your posts. They are well thought out. There is some validity to comparitive scores, but you can't hang your hat on them, especially in high school. For example, we beat GP 35-14 week one, but I sure don't want to play them again in the playoffs. I was at the game. GP self destructed early, got frustrated, and couldn't pull it back together. They have since. Maplewood made some key mistakes and lost to PC; CPA made some late mistakes and lost to Maplewood.

Come playoff time, turnovers, special teams, penalties, mistakes mean more than comparitive scores earlier in the season.

I was going to say earlier that a match up I would love to see right now is between CPA and Goodpasture. Early in the season Goodpasture lost to CPA by 21 and barely beat a struggling Macon County team. Now Goodpasture is playing good football and have improved a lot. I would love to see CPA and Goodpasture match up right now...it would be a great football game :thumb:

"This game will be mostly determined by who gets and holds the lead. DL wants to run and run clock, shortening the game, and keeping the score low, like they did with Pearl."

or determined by who gets the most points. ijs

serious i have seen both of these teams play this year and last ...for the record.

CPA over DL ..both have similar styles and game plans

CPA just does it better ...and they have gold foot the kicker!

DL might want to pray for cold weather and a soggy field.