CPA - Lipscomb

CPA4Ever

Coach Mac would never teach illegal or instruct someone to do anything illegal on the football field. Also being at the game and watching Lipscomb for years I see how one could think that Lipscomb high lowed but they didnt. The highschool rules allow players to cut block out of a 3 point stance as long as its their first movement. Since everyone at Lipscomb except the QB and WR is in a three point stance they can all cut.

The rules do NOT let you hit a player high and at the same time hit a player low at the knees. Number 72 on Libscomb was doing this all night long and two CPA player may be out for the season due to his illegal blocking. I am not saying that Coach Mac taught his player to do this, but he should be responsible to teach his player not to do this. It is a shame that these players are seriously hurt due to this type of illegal blocking. I went back and watched the internet replay before commenting on this to make sure what I saw live actually happened on the field and it did. Very disappointing.

I was also disappointed in the block in the backs by several of the CPA players. The calls were ligit and cost the team at least one touchdown and a couple very big returns. Several of the block in the backs were not even close to the area of play.

Surely both coaching staffs will address these situations this week.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rules do NOT let you hit a player high and at the same time hit a player low at the knees. Number 72 on Libscomb was doing this all night long and two CPA player may be out for the season due to his illegal blocking. I am not saying that Coach Mac taught his player to do this, but he should be responsible to teach his player not to do this. It is a shame that these players are seriously hurt due to this type of illegal blocking. I went back and watched the internet replay before commenting on this to make sure what I saw live actually happened on the field and it did. Very disappointing.

I was also disappointed in the block in the backs by several of the CPA players. The calls were ligit and cost the team at least one touchdown and a couple very big returns. Several of the block in the backs were not even close to the area of play.

Surely both coaching staffs will address these situations this week.

If it did happen, then I'm sure the coaches will address it. (I plan to look at the game on film, because I didn't see this during the game.) The Lipscomb coaching staff always expects the players to play to a high standard, and does not encourage dirty play or anything to injure another teams players.

Hopefully, these players didn't experience any serious injury.

If it did happen, then I'm sure the coaches will address it. (I plan to look at the game on film, because I didn't see this during the game.) The Lipscomb coaching staff always expects the players to play to a high standard, and does not encourage dirty play or anything to injure another teams players.

Hopefully, these players didn't experience any serious injury.

Agreed. Lipscomb coaches are class acts and will address it I'm sure.

DL doesn't play "dirty". Their kids are pretty much like robots everytime I watch them play. They all look similar, run similar, and tackle similar. You never see their kids act as if they've done anything "extraordinary". Coach Mac is a Hall of Fame coach and his kids play hard.

CPA is having a great year and they have now whipped both David Lipscomb and Goodpasture. I'm still curious as to how East Literature played them to a 14-7 game a few weeks ago. That had to be one of those "bad" nights.

DL doesn't play "dirty". Their kids are pretty much like robots everytime I watch them play. They all look similar, run similar, and tackle similar. You never see their kids act as if they've done anything "extraordinary". Coach Mac is a Hall of Fame coach and his kids play hard.

CPA is having a great year and they have now whipped both David Lipscomb and Goodpasture. I'm still curious as to how East Literature played them to a 14-7 game a few weeks ago. That had to be one of those "bad" nights.

Ask Overton High School about E Lit. I "think" the basketball team at Lipscomb plays on the "edge" of dirty too.