Station Camp (3-5) AT Wilson Central (2-6)

football2011

What an uneducated remark to make. Portland is losing because they have not got the talent the other teams in the region have. The real truth is WC is not a good football school now, nor was it in the last year Aric was there. Accept The Real Truth. It will set you free from your hatered and bitterness.

Not uneducated and do not bear any bitterness or hatered. I am for Gallatin. I feel pretty good right now.

You are right in that Portland does not have as much talent as the rest of the region. I believe that includes Coach Aric. Both Portland and WC are not good right now for multiple reasons. Talent is only part of what makes a team.

I would like to point out that the alot of the kids from Wilson Central & Mt. Juliet High Schools grew up playing together--with numerous championships at multiple levels of football. Mt. Juliet is currently undefeated and has very good coaching and Wilson Central--well?! (Truth hurts!). Positions at Wilson Central can be purchased, if Daddy can write a big enough check then there will be no competition for that position. There is no competition for positions, there are no noticable adjustments during the games. There are no new formations or schemes introduced from game to game so that you have plays that are not on the film. They only coach the kids who are playing and do not hit in practice because they're scared of injury which means they would have to coach more than the 11 kids that are on the field. They have gotten on to kids for being "too physical in practice" but everyone knows you play how you practice. Quite frankly, there are only a couple of kids who play that will hit you, the others would rather attempt an arm tackle. There is a total lack of being physical but it starts with the coaches, not that there are not some good coaches there, they just aren't currently in the position to make the necessary decisions to change the fate of the program. They have pulled and yelled at defensive linemen for making plays in the backfield. Their freshman team was 6-1 last year but key players from that team can't seem to get on the field. They tell the 6ft 3in 375lb senior lineman (who any other coach would have dominating) to stand up and hold his opponent--not get after the ball. I have been told that the head coach did not even play football in his years at Lebanon and I have not seen any sort of leadership from him what so ever! The defensive coordinator, who also coaches basketball told one of those players that he only coached football for the extra money. Kids are quitting because of the lack of coaching and the feeling that they have no hope of playing. Alot of the kids there have played since the age of 5 and know the game and how to play, but when your hands are tied and you are put on the sideline and hardly even acknowledged how can you expect them to buy in?! IT ALL STARTS WITH THE COACHES!!!!

You are right,the truth hurts.The truth is that positions were not purchased at wilson central,they were earned! Money had absolutely nothing to do with it.If you are talking about donations that were asked for to purchase concussion helmets for the team,that was after positions had already been earned.Some parents were generous enough to not only buy a helmet for their own son but for other players as well.As usual,the typical ungrateful wilson central parents,instead of saying thank you ,you decide to accuse them of buying a position.There are many problems at wilson central,maybe it starts with coaches and parents as well.How do you expect these players to work as a team when the parents are trying to divide the team? There are young players who have worked hard and played hard for their team this year,and I for one am very proud of them.

Having been a long time follower of Wildcat football and suffering throught the good and bad years all 11 of them now. I have to say I have never seen a football program with so many arm chair quarterbacks, second guessers and parents who do not know how to sit down and shut up and let the coaches do what there paid for. If you sit in your easy chair and tell your son how awful there coaches are then guess what your son is not going to give any effort in practice because they believe you, therefore they are not going to get any playing time. The sad fact of the matter is the Sophmore players on the team are the best players that could be put out there. Most of that was due to injury at the full back, and wing back positions. The thing that ticks me off the most is that the same people downing the coaches we do have, never seem to volunteer to come out and help the program get better by offering their expertise. IF you can do it so much better then go volunteer. I have yet to meet a coach at this school who turns away volunteers that are qualified and willing to go through the back ground check. Maybe thats the problem all of these parents who call the Principal and complain about how bad our coaches are and how good little Jimmy is and why isn't he playing are not qualified to coach pee-wee football let alone high school football. IF you want to know why the programs at Wilson Central and Lebanon are not sucessful, stop looking at the coaches and start looking at the work ethic of the players. Games are not won and lost on Friday night, they are won and lost January thrugh July. The fact that Mt. Juliet is so sucessful is because there players do not miss conditioning in the off season for any reason. The reason Gallatin and Hendersonville are successful is because missing an off season workout is not accepted if you want to play. This is on the parents and the coaches but if a coach is there to open the locker room then as a parent you need to make sure your kid is there everyday they are supposed to be. If not then it is your fault that the team is not successful not the coaches. YOu can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink. This idea of blame the coach, cause Jimmy isn't playing, blame the teacher cause my son is failing math and hasn't turned in homework in three weeks, it is always someone else's fault with these parents around here. Maybe it is time you turn that spot light on yourselves and ask do I support the coaches, do I make sure my son is on time every time, do I make sure my son is at off season workouts everytime. Do I tell my son that the coach makes the decision and if he wants to play he had better work harder in practice? If you do not do every one of those things then you are the problem not the solution. Stop whining that this one paid to play or that one is playing over this one. Oh and Reaction11 yes Coach Dedman played high school football at Lebanon High School on some of that schools most talented teams, and I would imagine if you ask him about it he would tell you he never missed an off season workout because in those days if you did you had to run bleachers and belly whomppers and you did not complain and you did not go home and cry to mommy and daddy about how unfair you were being treated you took your punishment like a man and you worked your tail off to play football. That was the work ethic of players 20 years ago, that kind of thing doesn't seem to exist at Wilson Central right now, at Homecoming this year standing on the fence before kick off I was amazed to hear a couple of the seniors talking about where the party was going to be after the game instead of focusing on the game. I don't think thay learned that behavior from the coaches. Now please do not think that I believe our coaches are perfect either, they have made some poor decisions in games that have caused us to lose some games over the years no doubt. I do also believe their lack of personal discipline has led to a breakdown in team discipline and that is the coaches fault. However, as a parent of an athelete if I send my child to a school and that school has chosen a coach I expect my child to respect that coach and no matter how much I may disagree with that coaches style or decision making unless I plan to offer my help my child will never hear me trash talk a coach from the stands, or in my house. You know it would also help parents to remember high school sports are a privilage not a right. Jimmy or Johnny don't have to play highschool sports if your are so disgusted with the program or the coaches then put up and volunteer to help, shut up and support your child in getting better, or take your kid somewhere else to play the game. It is still a free country and you can move where ever you want to. Glademom I do agree with you though I am very proud of the way this young team has played this year. They had some opportunities to win a few more games sure, but they have never stopped trying.

Go Wildcats good luck on the game tonight and let those Bears know they will have to come to play to get that perfect season.

Having been a long time follower of Wildcat football and suffering throught the good and bad years all 11 of them now. I have to say I have never seen a football program with so many arm chair quarterbacks, second guessers and parents who do not know how to sit down and shut up and let the coaches do what there paid for. If you sit in your easy chair and tell your son how awful there coaches are then guess what your son is not going to give any effort in practice because they believe you, therefore they are not going to get any playing time. The sad fact of the matter is the Sophmore players on the team are the best players that could be put out there. Most of that was due to injury at the full back, and wing back positions. The thing that ticks me off the most is that the same people downing the coaches we do have, never seem to volunteer to come out and help the program get better by offering their expertise. IF you can do it so much better then go volunteer. I have yet to meet a coach at this school who turns away volunteers that are qualified and willing to go through the back ground check. Maybe thats the problem all of these parents who call the Principal and complain about how bad our coaches are and how good little Jimmy is and why isn't he playing are not qualified to coach pee-wee football let alone high school football. IF you want to know why the programs at Wilson Central and Lebanon are not sucessful, stop looking at the coaches and start looking at the work ethic of the players. Games are not won and lost on Friday night, they are won and lost January thrugh July. The fact that Mt. Juliet is so sucessful is because there players do not miss conditioning in the off season for any reason. The reason Gallatin and Hendersonville are successful is because missing an off season workout is not accepted if you want to play. This is on the parents and the coaches but if a coach is there to open the locker room then as a parent you need to make sure your kid is there everyday they are supposed to be. If not then it is your fault that the team is not successful not the coaches. YOu can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink. This idea of blame the coach, cause Jimmy isn't playing, blame the teacher cause my son is failing math and hasn't turned in homework in three weeks, it is always someone else's fault with these parents around here. Maybe it is time you turn that spot light on yourselves and ask do I support the coaches, do I make sure my son is on time every time, do I make sure my son is at off season workouts everytime. Do I tell my son that the coach makes the decision and if he wants to play he had better work harder in practice? If you do not do every one of those things then you are the problem not the solution. Stop whining that this one paid to play or that one is playing over this one. Oh and Reaction11 yes Coach Dedman played high school football at Lebanon High School on some of that schools most talented teams, and I would imagine if you ask him about it he would tell you he never missed an off season workout because in those days if you did you had to run bleachers and belly whomppers and you did not complain and you did not go home and cry to mommy and daddy about how unfair you were being treated you took your punishment like a man and you worked your tail off to play football. That was the work ethic of players 20 years ago, that kind of thing doesn't seem to exist at Wilson Central right now, at Homecoming this year standing on the fence before kick off I was amazed to hear a couple of the seniors talking about where the party was going to be after the game instead of focusing on the game. I don't think thay learned that behavior from the coaches. Now please do not think that I believe our coaches are perfect either, they have made some poor decisions in games that have caused us to lose some games over the years no doubt. I do also believe their lack of personal discipline has led to a breakdown in team discipline and that is the coaches fault. However, as a parent of an athelete if I send my child to a school and that school has chosen a coach I expect my child to respect that coach and no matter how much I may disagree with that coaches style or decision making unless I plan to offer my help my child will never hear me trash talk a coach from the stands, or in my house. You know it would also help parents to remember high school sports are a privilage not a right. Jimmy or Johnny don't have to play highschool sports if your are so disgusted with the program or the coaches then put up and volunteer to help, shut up and support your child in getting better, or take your kid somewhere else to play the game. It is still a free country and you can move where ever you want to. Glademom I do agree with you though I am very proud of the way this young team has played this year. They had some opportunities to win a few more games sure, but they have never stopped trying.

Go Wildcats good luck on the game tonight and let those Bears know they will have to come to play to get that perfect season.

I have NOT posted on this thread; in fact I have not posted since about game 4 (when I quit attending games.........simply could not listen too it any longer). I agree with you 100%..............best players are the young ones. They will improve!

go dubc