South Pitt, Huntingdon Wayne County, or Perry County

LeggoStangs

Perry Co. folks, I have a serious, non-smack talking, question...haha

I went to school at UT martin with a guy that played football for Perry Co., and I've been racking my brain for the last couple of weeks trying to think of his first name. His last name was Mercer, I'm almost positive. He would have graduated HS in 2000 or 2001. Really quiet guy, kept to himself alot. Seemed like a nice fella though. Anybody know who I'm talking about?

Perry Co. folks, I have a serious, non-smack talking, question...haha

I went to school at UT martin with a guy that played football for Perry Co., and I've been racking my brain for the last couple of weeks trying to think of his first name. His last name was Mercer, I'm almost positive. He would have graduated HS in 2000 or 2001. Really quiet guy, kept to himself alot. Seemed like a nice fella though. Anybody know who I'm talking about?

Ben Mercer is probably who your talking about I would guess being that time frame. Or it might have been Craig. Had to be one of those two.

Edited by theGURU

I think Lake Co fared pretty well in those games back then.split with South Pittsburg and beat Meigs Co for the state and lost a few times to a school named Alcoa.I'd be willing to bet that Lake Co 's playoff record is pretty darn good.Had never lost to a Middle school team until several years ago during the playoffs which meant they always went pretty deep.And that's not bad for a school in a corner of the stste with no surrounding or nearby schools to steal recruits from like some other schools can from neighboring schools and close to out of state schools to get players from.

Thats what I was tryin to say earlier this season. In these little ol' towns that have nothin around them it's good to just be having such good consecutive years....unlike Huntingdon who is almost a 2A school.

Thats what I was tryin to say earlier this season. In these little ol' towns that have nothin around them it's good to just be having such good consecutive years....unlike Huntingdon who is almost a 2A school.

I don't understand why so many people cry about huntingdon, is it because you fear us. If not then shut up. Huntingdon was a 2A school for years, but they were only two or three kids over. Some of those years they had less students than Mckenzie, who was 1A. Didn't hear anyone crying about that. When the reclassification happened we were put in 1A where we should have been all along. I'm sure there are alot of other schools that are right at the border, but they don't catch any flack. So just play football, lay back and take your medicine.