Live updates from the CTFP for those who care

Rabble Rouser

Now that I remember.

Double check the numbers and see if the year before, the first of the two year cycle, if they were 1A-2A enrollment. That could explain one year of being in a "lower" classification. Happens to new schools all the time.

Now, having defended that issue, let me make everybody angry (angrier): IF SM looses the appeal, the wins should not be "vacated"; instead, they should be forfeits! None of this 2-3 season record. If the BOC denies the appeal, then the record should be 2-8 or whatever it turns out to be with forfeits.

And no, under the current, flawed system, the teams "gaining" a win should not be able to count them for play-off purposes....but they should have one more "W".

Double check the numbers and see if the year before, the first of the two year cycle, if they were 1A-2A enrollment. That could explain one year of being in a "lower" classification. Happens to new schools all the time.

Now, having defended that issue, let me make everybody angry (angrier): IF SM looses the appeal, the wins should not be "vacated"; instead, they should be forfeits! None of this 2-3 season record. If the BOC denies the appeal, then the record should be 2-8 or whatever it turns out to be with forfeits.

And no, under the current, flawed system, the teams "gaining" a win should not be able to count them for play-off purposes....but they should have one more "W".

You and the TSSAA can count our wins however you want to, but the fact remains, We won the games on the field. You know it, the community knows it, the kids know it.

GO EAGLES!!

Yes, they barely scraped into the Class A (playoff 2A) level, at the time enrollments were submitted. The problem is they did not have a full, four-year enrollment yet so it should have been known they would easily surpass the Class A to Class AA cutoff the next school year-when the classifications using those figures took effect.

Price admitted to filling out the paperwork which means he checked the wrong box and failed to fill out athletic hardship forms. The sad part is that it would likely have been approved unless they were afraid the Shane Roberson connection would look like recruiting.

Price admitted to filling out the paperwork which means he checked the wrong box and failed to fill out athletic hardship forms. The sad part is that it would likely have been approved unless they were afraid the Shane Roberson connection would look like recruiting.

Rlh they tried to drag yalls lineman into the mix as well, making connections to Roberson

Rlh they tried to drag yalls lineman into the mix as well, making connections to Roberson

I know. They are throwing spaghetti at the wall trying to see what sticks. The big difference is our lineman grew up in SP and went to grade school there and actually moved back there and lives within the SP school zone. Those jokers have to go to SP next year and I guarantee you they are going to find out what a heated Jasper-SP Pirate-Warrior clash used to be like back in the 1960s and 70s.

11:47 a.m. Covert, “Mr. Layne I’m not questioning your integrity.â€

Layne interrupts, “yes you have.â€

11:46 a.m. Tommy Layne stands in the back of the room, visibly upset.

“This guy (speaking of Covert) here is questioning my integrity and my school’s integrity. All the involvement I had was to speak with Mr. Childress about what I had heard. If you want to question my integrity you can come here and do it any day of the week.â€

It's getting good

I hate that Mr Layne got his feelings hurt. However, Our integrity has been questioned as well. Not just our coaches and administrators, but our school, our kids, our school board member and community as a whole. I for one will be glad when this witch hunt is over and you folks can go back to wollowing in your own misery instead of trying to create some for those more successful than you. If we were not winning so much. You people would not be whining so much. YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE.

GO EAGLES!!

Edited by smtnfan

I hate that Mr Layne got his feelings hurt. However, Our integrity has been questioned as well. Not just our coaches and administrators, but our school, our kids, our school board member and community as a whole. I for one will be glad when this witch hunt is over and you folks can go back to wollowing in your own misery instead of trying to create some for those more successful than you. If we were not winning so much. You people would not be whining so much. YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE.

GO EAGLES!!

Anyone who can't understand why folks think SM fans are arrogant needs to read this--so typical of those SM people who post on here. I never have thought it true of the community as a whole (and still don't) but you posters are giving SM a bad name.

Questions, questions. Where does player's momma live this week? Does Signal routinely hire teachers who are not certified, and have been fired from other counties? Or do they only do that if they're shopping around linebackers? How many colleges are going to be impressed by the player's statement that he wanted out of Georgia because the tests were too hard? How great is it that you don't have to be able to read & write to graduate from Signal Mountain?