IMAC

trottercoach

And lets not forget Cherokee will have home court advantage in the tournament. The way this season has went, its anybody's game!

It is now definitely anybody's game in the District 2 tourney with injuries to key players at East and West. The tournament is now wide open with Cherokee, Sevier, Seymour , West and East all capable of winning. One of these will be eliminated in the first round for sure, leaving the other four to fight it out.Cherokee has a really good chance since they host the finals. Also, East and West have a good shot with capable subs coming in for the injured players. Seymour has really been coming on as of late while Sevier could beat any of the others on a given night. May boil down to who has the strongest bench. Plus Jeff and Cocke County could possibly be spoilers if they catch a team overlooking them in the first round, not likely but not impossible either. Can't Wait.

Injuries have been unreal this season and have certainly played a key part in many of the games. We just counted 5 out of the 8 teams have dealt with ACL injuries. That's a scary percentage! Cherokee doesnt seem as solid as some of the others but playing with the home court advantage will be huge for them. Sevier County has the power to topple anyone. West and East have been strong all season but how will they fair with the sudden loss of key players? Seymour has been without their leading scorer due to ACL and they still manage to keep pulling out the wins. Its any given teams night, depending on who shows up and wants it the most! Cant wait to see how it unfolds!

:popcorneater:

Who is the key player out for WEST? Have not heard anything from down that way? Anyone know the final verdict on the Berquist girl?

West's point guard, Whitney Donaldson, went down while playing Oak Ridge with a torn ACL. She will obviously be out the rest of the season. Thats a big blow to West, but they have responded very well having beat Cherokee and South Greene since then. They still have Farragut left on Thursday, and if they can win that game they will finish the regular season with 20 wins. All I know about Berquist is she is out the rest of the year to.