Brentwood @ Franklin

Foulball111

Franklin played a fantastic second half, and Brentwood's only TD drive was fueled by 3 15 yard penalties...that aren't actual penalties. Two personal fouls for hitting the quarterback, but they were both on an option (you're allowed to hit the quarterback on an option), and one Pass Interference that was just a great play on the ball.

Take away those 3 penalties, the score is 24-3. Take away a few of the turnovers inside the 20, Franklin wins this one by even more. The Franklin Defense is among the best in the state, and the Offense has the potential to be among the best as well. If they can eliminate turnovers, no team is safe from them in the playoffs, and I for one think that they'll do just that.

Here's to a long, exciting postseason for the Rebels!

Franklin played a fantastic second half, and Brentwood's only TD drive was fueled by 3 15 yard penalties...that aren't actual penalties. Two personal fouls for hitting the quarterback, but they were both on an option (you're allowed to hit the quarterback on an option), and one Pass Interference that was just a great play on the ball.

Take away those 3 penalties, the score is 24-3. Take away a few of the turnovers inside the 20, Franklin wins this one by even more. The Franklin Defense is among the best in the state, and the Offense has the potential to be among the best as well. If they can eliminate turnovers, no team is safe from them in the playoffs, and I for one think that they'll do just that.

Here's to a long, exciting postseason for the Rebels!

I have closely watched Tennessee football since 1995 and have seen many games during that time. I came to the board to post concerning the actions of Franklin's number 64 last night and the first thing I saw was this previous post justifing what I thought was the most unsportsman like actions I have ever witnessed in all my years of watching football. As the precious poster states the Brentwood QB was hit several times on option plays.....by #64. The problem being he was hit 2-3 seconds after pitching the ball, several yards from the action, and in the back. Only the third time it happened was it called. It was the most cowardly act I have seen on a football field and if it was sanctioned by the coaching staff they should be fired and Franklin put on probation.

I have closely watched Tennessee football since 1995 and have seen many games during that time. I came to the board to post concerning the actions of Franklin's number 64 last night and the first thing I saw was this previous post justifing what I thought was the most unsportsman like actions I have ever witnessed in all my years of watching football. As the precious poster states the Brentwood QB was hit several times on option plays.....by #64. The problem being he was hit 2-3 seconds after pitching the ball, several yards from the action, and in the back. Only the third time it happened was it called. It was the most cowardly act I have seen on a football field and if it was sanctioned by the coaching staff they should be fired and Franklin put on probation.

Franklin High School = no instituitional control, in the building, in the student section, on the field. Franklin is very good at denying and hiding their problems, but not solving them.

Poetic justice is that they are playing a team in the playoffs that is much tougher and if the dirty play starts, Smyrna will eat Franklins lunch with it.

I put a post on here after our game with them. Franklin is out of control. Their whole student section, the players and yes the coaches are out of control. If you heard the language that is going on by the franklin players and coaches you would just be embarrassed. They will deny it, but it is true. It is so bad it even goes down to the JV team. When we played them in JV they had one coach saying things to our players like "we gonna punk that ***" A COACH mind you. Then to top it off they think they are so much above everyone else that they run deep passes and reverses when the game is a blowout. They are just plain RUDE. So I will say it here. #64 acts the way he does because he acts just like his coach and his school. Believe me I think there are others that are worse than #64. 65 is a way more dirtier player. They are led by dirt so they act like dirt.

I put a post on here after our game with them. Franklin is out of control. Their whole student section, the players and yes the coaches are out of control. If you heard the language that is going on by the franklin players and coaches you would just be embarrassed. They will deny it, but it is true. It is so bad it even goes down to the JV team. When we played them in JV they had one coach saying things to our players like "we gonna punk that ***" A COACH mind you. Then to top it off they think they are so much above everyone else that they run deep passes and reverses when the game is a blowout. They are just plain RUDE. So I will say it here. #64 acts the way he does because he acts just like his coach and his school. Believe me I think there are others that are worse than #64. 65 is a way more dirtier player. They are led by dirt so they act like dirt.

Rector wouldnt let a car thief play this season so the kid gets a new address, goes to franklin and starts game one. Clayton knows the kid stole a car. Yep, dirt is a good way of putting it. Franklin is a bunch of thugs led by a thug.

You can see video highlights from this game by clicking HERE.

If Franklin plays like they did last night in the second half they are going to be a tough out in the playoffs. Their offense dictated the tempo the entire game and Kuivinen (quarterback) played a real solid game, the best I've seen him play in person all season.

D1 waiting until week 10 to be solid? lol

All I'm going to say is 64 was coached to hit the quarterback during every option; don't blame it on the player.

The play that got a flag is on Wilco highlights. 64 is coming toward his back and just hits the QB right in the back and on his legs. dirty play and the ref got him for it. I guess they told him to hit qb even if he did not have ball. He could have hurt the qb on that play. Franklin hit late the whole game against us. Maybe you right and they coach it that way.

The play that got a flag is on Wilco highlights. 64 is coming toward his back and just hits the QB right in the back and on his legs. dirty play and the ref got him for it. I guess they told him to hit qb even if he did not have ball. He could have hurt the qb on that play. Franklin hit late the whole game against us. Maybe you right and they coach it that way.

That wasn't the only time it happened. Since the QB's dad is the OC I hope the Brentwood athletic department has a very serious talk with the TSSAA. There is no place for that in high school football. Someone should call this to the attention of Willie Dickerson if she is still the principal at FHS. I'm just a fan and don't have a dog in this hunt but if I were Coach Winfrey I would be standing on someone's throat right now.

Its Franklin. They cheat and play cheap.