Harpeth at Cheatham County

howdoitknow

It's Senior Night 2011 in Ashland City which means that this game will be the final time that the Cubs trio of seniors (Grady Chipman, Tyler Willoughby, Jacinto Espinosa) get to play on Mike Jarreau Field. This will be the 19th installment of the oldest rivalry in the county as the Indians and Cubs get it on before both teams prepare for postseason play the following week. The Cubs currently lead the all-time series 12 games to 6 and are 5-2 against Harpeth under coach Finley.

Harpeth has enjoyed tremendous success in 2011 behind the success of a large and talented senior class plus the emergence of Bryce Baker (who has rushed for more than 1,000 yards on the season). Cheatham County has played a brutal schedule and has answered the bell as they sit at 5-4.

This contest can be heard live next Friday night by visiting the link below:

Harpeth Indians at Cheatham County Cubs Radio Broadcast

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Senior Night 2011 in Ashland City which means that this game will be the final time that the Cubs trio of seniors (Grady Chipman, Tyler Willoughby, Jacinto Espinosa) get to play on Mike Jarreau Field. This will be the 19th installment of the oldest rivalry in the county as the Indians and Cubs get it on before both teams prepare for postseason play the following week. The Cubs currently lead the all-time series 12 games to 6 and are 5-2 against Harpeth under coach Finley.

Harpeth has enjoyed tremendous success in 2011 behind the success of a large and talented senior class plus the emergence of Bryce Baker (who has rushed for more than 1,000 yards on the season). Cheatham County has played a brutal schedule and has answered the bell as they sit at 5-4.

This contest can be heard live next Friday night by visiting the link below:

Harpeth Indians at Cheatham County Cubs Radio Broadcast it can also be seen via live stream from I-High.com and watch out for Harpeth they are Hungry for another win especially against CheathamCo. should be a good game they always r but in the end i look for Harpeth to take it

Here is a look at the 11-AA scenarios going into the final week of the season:

If Camden beats Creek Wood they are District Champions; Harpeth would be #2

If Harpeth beats Cheatham County and Creek Wood beats Camden then Harpeth is District Champions; Creek Wood would be #2

If Cheatham County beats Harpeth and Creek Wood beats Camden then Creek Wood is District Champions; Camden would be #2

--------------------------------------------------

I look for Camden, Creek Wood, Harpeth, and Cheatham County to all be a part of the 2011 TSSAA State Playoffs :thumb:

This should be a very fine contest. Both teams have very good defenses but I believe Cheatham Co. had the best defense. Harpeth has the most explosive offense but Cheatham CO also has a good offense. This should be a really good game. We pray for a safe injury free contest. As for me I will be at the Camden Creek Wood game. Go Lions

The Indians are 2-2 against teams still eligible for the playoffs going into the Cheatham game beating Hickman county 27-14 and Creekwood 41-16 while losing to Sycamore 14-7 and Camden 28-14. That's what 22 ppg on offense and 18 ppg on defense? In the 5 remaining games they are 5-0 averaging over 40 ppg on offense and giving up 12 ppg on defense. They whipped up on the weak part of their schedule and held their own in the rest.

I will say that playing a tougher schedule for tougher schedule's sake kept Harpeth out of the playoffs a couple of years. That and going to a Veer for 3 or 4 games with record setting passing and recieving guys in the lineup. You gotta have the W's to get in especially with Camden, Creekwood and Cheatham being as consistently good as they have been the past few years in this district. There's not much room for error if you're not the #1 or #2. You gotta get to the playoffs first.

What does Harpeth have this year ? There schedule seems pretty weak from an outsiders view.

Harpeth has an average team with not enough defense to handle Cheatham Co. Harpeth has a a big tight end who slips out and makes some good plays. Cover him and stack the box Harpeth scores very little and Cheatham has the ability to do that. Cheatham has a better defense than Camden does. Camden beat Cheatham with offense and descent defense. Harpeth had OK defense and OK offense. Stop the tight end and you stop Harpeth.

Cheatham County lost 26-12 to Fairview (8-1), 22-13 to Sycamore (6-3), 42-28 to Camden (7-2), 29-28 to Creek Wood (5-4). That's a total of 119-81 in the 4 losses. That's an average score of 30-20.

The Cubs beat Jo Byrns (5-4) 35-14, Mt. Pleasant (4-5) 34-9, Stewart County (3-6) 36-10, Montgomery Central (3-6) 49-14, Waverly (3-6) 55-28. That's a total of 209-75 in the 5 wins. That's an average score of 42-15.

The Cubs have been in tough battles against quality teams and they've handled their business against inferior opponents. I know that Coach Finley has enjoyed coaching this bunch in this his 10th season as Cubs head football coach. I really look for the Cubs to be "the team to beat" in District 11-AA next season as they return the entire team (minus 3 seniors this year). This year's young Cubs have been a joy to watch and call games for and I am anxious to see how they do against Harpeth as well as whoever it is that they are matched up against in the state playoffs (Smith County, Goodpasture, or CPA).

Harpeth has an average team with not enough defense to handle Cheatham Co. Harpeth has a a big tight end who slips out and makes some good plays. Cover him and stack the box Harpeth scores very little and Cheatham has the ability to do that. Cheatham has a better defense than Camden does. Camden beat Cheatham with offense and descent defense. Harpeth had OK defense and OK offense. Stop the tight end and you stop Harpeth.

I'll have to let Kyle know he's carrying the whole team, that will be quite a shock to him...and everyone else playing their hearts out.

I'll have to let Kyle know he's carrying the whole team, that will be quite a shock to him...and everyone else playing their hearts out.

You don't get to 7-2 without having a good solid TEAM. McWright, Tice, Dillon, Baker, Fenner, Canady, Odum, etc. are all a tremendous part of Harpeth's success. There is a reason why this year's Indians team is the first since 2001 (7-5 second round playoff team) to reach 7 wins. An 8th victory would equal the regular season number posted by the 2000 team (seniors on that team included Matthew Tant, Bill Ewing, Adam Conatser, Jason Adams) during the regular season. That team eventually went on to a 9-3 season.

That so called OK offense had 520 total yards in the Camden game and has averaged 32 points a game while our defense has given up 18. Seven players as a team were a part of that 520 yards, NOT ONE but you go ahead cover that "big tight end" if you can. Hope that works out for you. :lol: Edited by funtoplay

You don't get to 7-2 without having a good solid TEAM. McWright, Tice, Dillon, Baker, Fenner, Canady, Odum, etc. are all a tremendous part of Harpeth's success. There is a reason why this year's Indians team is the first since 2001 (7-5 second round playoff team) to reach 7 wins. An 8th victory would equal the regular season number posted by the 2000 team (seniors on that team included Matthew Tant, Bill Ewing, Adam Conatser, Jason Adams) during the regular season. That team eventually went on to a 9-3 season.

You are absolutely right, you don't get to 7-2 and not have a solid team. I think it will be a good game between Harpeth and Cheatham Co. Kyle is hard to cover. He's taller than most and from what i saw, has the ability to get open. Harpeth has a good team, no question. The quarterback is fast and has a good arm. Sorry that I let funtoplay get a little under my skin with the crying about stops and fumbles. Camden has a small frount line so they have to play extra hard, and do. Their defense is not the best. Cheatham has a large frount line and a good defense. Hope the game is fun and injury free.