Hampton at Cloudland

Bluengoldblood

They will have learned from it and it will show in this game. Question is, will it stick long enough for them to make a good run? We'll see!!! I sure hope so, 'cause this unit is a darn good football team that has all the pieces to play with and beat the best! They just have to play that way

I hope you are right. We will know come Thursday night on the Roan. It should stick if they learn from it. I agree this is a very special team. Hampton will have to bring it in every game the rest of the way. Once the playoffs start there won't be an easy game. Bring It every play of every game. That's the only way to play.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It left alot worse than a sour taste in one fellers mouth,may see some trickle down effects. I fully expect to see a whole different team with a whole different attitude this week. We all know this team has alot of potential,but its gonna take all 11 doing their job. Sort of like a team of mules,if one is slacking,it makes it real hard on the other.All our mules need to be pulling at the same time,they owe it to each other. Its a shame that anyone has to make um pull,but if anyone can do it,I know who it is.

Agreed, I've seen it. This team needs all 11 players playing hard. If they do it and play together every play. This team could do something special.

It left alot worse than a sour taste in one fellers mouth,may see some trickle down effects. I fully expect to see a whole different team with a whole different attitude this week. We all know this team has alot of potential,but its gonna take all 11 doing their job. Sort of like a team of mules,if one is slacking,it makes it real hard on the other.All our mules need to be pulling at the same time,they owe it to each other. Its a shame that anyone has to make um pull,but if anyone can do it,I know who it is.

Thats "small school" football for ya....Out of the best 11, some just aint gonna pull their fair share...and that weak spot (or spots) is still stronger than whats on the sideline...I know every parent says their kid could take up the slack and do this or that better...Truth is, he'd be out there if he'd do it better!!!

Another truth...competition has been weak this year and last...It does hurt us every year come playoffs...But even the power-house 1A schools are down this year, so our chances are good IF they play their position with passion and discipline!

They know what it feels like to be smacked in the mouth, lets see if they'll pull the wagon together and play to their potential!

Edited by uknoit2

When this rivalry returns to the competitive games of the past, I'm gonna talk about 10 years worth of trash in one season. :roflolk:

:roflol: Man, I look forward to that!

You can get some practice come basketball season :mrgreen:

Aint nobody on here talking trash about this game tho! NOT after last Friday...The competitive game may well return this Thursday.

Well I won't be talking any trash for this game either. I did last year and we got took to the wood shed. :D

I'm not gonna talk any trash this year or any year as long as I'm not provolked,but the one thing I will say is, I think this Hampton team will be a bit more determined team than the one we saw last week. Boot camp set in on Saturday. I'll have to say ,this is a good group of kids ,they didn't whine and pout,they came to work with the intentions of getting better. Sometimes you just have to go back to basics.

I'm not gonna talk any trash this year or any year as long as I'm not provolked,but the one thing I will say is, I think this Hampton team will be a bit more determined team than the one we saw last week. Boot camp set in on Saturday. I'll have to say ,this is a good group of kids ,they didn't whine and pout,they came to work with the intentions of getting better. Sometimes you just have to go back to basics.

Sometimes you have to face some real competition. Hampton hasn't faced any all season long and still got beat. They need to go to the basics and learn how to play.

Pujo, let me ask you a question. Is that Lunsford man making these Hampton boys lift alot of weights this week so they will be real strong for those Cloudland boys this Friday? I garuntee you Hampton should mercy rule these Cloudland boys. You think im joking but im not.

Pujo, let me ask you a question. Is that Lunsford man making these Hampton boys lift alot of weights this week so they will be real strong for those Cloudland boys this Friday? I garuntee you Hampton should mercy rule these Cloudland boys. You think im joking but im not.

That Lunsford man has them boys lifting hard and running with ankle weights.He's picked up all the tricks. I don't think he's going out of his way for Cloudland,just trying to make them the best they can be for however many games they have left.

There will be 2 teams on the field Thrusday night and I fully expect both teams will come to play. Cloudland has had a very tough and disapointing season and this will be their last hoorah.Always going to be alot of pride in Roan MT and its Hampton ,nuff said. Even if they don't beat Hampton ,they'd love nothing better than to embarrass the heck out of um. I just hope the game don't get ugly and kids let their emotions get the best of um. Hope all come out injury free and shake hands like mature kids should.