McMinn -vs- Bradley

TribeFan

I agree man...i wish we could play yall at full strength. We had to play Maryville and Powell in the 2nd half without our starting QB and it wasn't fun, so i know the feeling. I like our chances in this game, but it wont be easy. No playoff game on the road ever is. I feel our guys are pretty battle tested after last year though. Playing every game on the road last year and winning 3 of them.

McMinn's #1 running back didn't play against Bradley and it's highly doubtful he'll be playing against Oak Ridge (turf toe). Add that to McMinn's QB not playing - possibly starting a freshman QB against the Wildcats - and you can see the situation for the Cherokees isn't an envious one. But, life and games go on, and you have to play with the cards you're left with.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna assume the ref that said he shouldn't have been tossed was our ole buddy Cleveland hommie. Was he so fat he couldn't run down the field? By the way, how is it the refs were Athens Assoc. refs and the same association that officiates at McMinn. These refs are not suppose to question anothers calls so I believe that crew has some internal problems that need to be corrected.

That crew is an interesting mix. One tries to stay away from controversy most of the time and one will call anything close against the Bears. Not wrong calls now, just shade anything close away from Bradley. So you really never know what you are gonna get. Only thing you know for sure is that Bradley will seldom get the benefit of close calls going their way. Usually will go the other way.

That is is why I was surprised in this game how the penalties played out. Seldom does Bradley come out to the good when this crew calls. If we just break even I consider that good. :roflol:

Thanks! I asked earlier, but I think it got lost in the shuffle. What's the word on the young man with the leg injury (went off not able to put any weight on it)?

[/quotE

Surely McMinn coaches will do something other than rely on their Freshman QB. There are other options. The player you are asking about has been out with turf toe, tried playing Friday and just can't handle it. It's a season ending injury and it's a shame because he loves the game.

Surely McMinn coaches will do something other than rely on their Freshman QB. There are other options. The player you are asking about has been out with turf toe, tried playing Friday and just can't handle it. It's a season ending injury and it's a shame because he loves the game.

Ah. It didn't seem to be a good sign that he couldn't put any weight on the leg at all as he went off.

Looking forward to a trip to Athens to play McMinn. Do you all still have the horse that runs up and down the field? I always enjoyed that. Oak Ridge is at full strength and clicking on all cylinders. We are ready. See you guys on Friday night 7 o'clock. Can't wait. BTW it's been two years since I've heard this: "And another first down for the Cheeeeeeerrrrrrooooooooookeeeeeeeeeees!" You talk about homers, geez!

My old friend blitzinbuc, I had a feeling I would hear from you on this game. I suppose that district 5AAA is probably down again like it was LAST YEAR, huh. That's probably why McMinn and Bradley are tied for the district going into this game. Or have we both risen to the top again? I know you hope your precious Cherokees will prevail Friday night but the x-factor will be at quarterback and # 10 from Bradley Central will lead the Bears to the district 5AAA championship. Blitz him if you can... Oh by the way, I hope the Cherokees will be as spirited as they were in July during 7 on 7 drills in Athens. Good Luck...Blitzinbuc...good luck!

I think our "precious" Cherokees did prevail!!!

If it weren't for the refs, McMinn would have well over 60 points.

By the way, where are all the Bradley fans here at Bear Stadium? :roflol:

Oh, but I so agree with your post. Remember where the refs come from when you are in Cleveland!!!! They are taught a whole different set of rules in the Chattanooga area than they are in the McMinn county are.

what are the refs doing pal?

Last time I looked, you could not have a penalty, the other team deny and still have it go against you on the kick-off. Another of many---- pass interference on someone who does not touch the player. Oh, these refs tried hard. BUTTTTTT, that's they way they always are in the Chattanooga region. They just can't call ballgames!!! This is no fault of Bradley.

Any word on the Cherokee player who was helped off the field, and couldn't put any weight at all on his leg? I assume the one who got his bell rung late in the game will be all right (it's scary when the trainer shows up and the first thing she does is start holding his head still; but I understand he was just kinda knocked out).

I assume you are talking about Dillon Martin. He is fine now. He's a realy tough kid, but it is a scary thing when anyone goes down, and there was a lot of that on both sides. Especially when it is wet and rainy. Never want to see some kid go down and lay there, for any team.

I assume you are talking about Dillon Martin. He is fine now. He's a realy tough kid, but it is a scary thing when anyone goes down, and there was a lot of that on both sides. Especially when it is wet and rainy. Never want to see some kid go down and lay there, for any team.

Thanks, Old Tiger. Those two were the worst looking ones of the night. Glad they are all right.

Last time I looked, you could not have a penalty, the other team deny and still have it go against you on the kick-off. Another of many---- pass interference on someone who does not touch the player. Oh, these refs tried hard. BUTTTTTT, that's they way they always are in the Chattanooga region. They just can't call ballgames!!! This is no fault of Bradley.

Dude, those were Athens Association Refs. NOT Chattanooga. Bradley has Always used Athens Association. Cleveland uses Chatt refs. Duh