District 7-A Predictions

showtimehoopstar

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump!

Looks like all the football is played by the 8a teams, and the 7a teams should have all their basketball players back that played football. I was told Clarkrange put it on RBS pretty good at a playday, how is everyone else doing?

PC went 3-0 Saturday beating a bad Westmoreland team, a decent Culleoka bunch, and a pretty good Cheatham County group. Season looks good for the Bobcats! :popcorneater:

Well when I said JC finished 4th I meant the tournament because that is when it counts. That shows how even the district was last year because JC did finished 1st in the season and ended up finishing 4th in the tournament. I believe the Clay County team in 2005-06 was the last time we had a clear favorite in this district, and every year after that it's been a toss up between the other teams in the district. The only reason I picked Pickett, and i'm relucant doing it because they did lose their coach, is because they returned quite a bit of talent and did win 7a last year...and they are always their playing for it too.

How come you've stopped coaching? When your son graduated did you just decide to call it quits? If you want to come to some RBS games i'm sure we can find you some bright red for you wear, I bet even Larry will sell you a t-shirt for half price :roflol:

I'm taking a year off then I'm going to start refereeing and during this brief respit I will attend all the good match ups across the Upper Cumberland and I do have Clay vs RBS on my schedule.

As far as the color of my shirt well I will accept all gifts :).

Edited by devilfanatic

• 3 weeks later...

Watertown beat Pickett co. tonight in Picket co. by 15 score 73 to 58 they let no. 3 eat there lunch best ball player i seen in region this year he quick and can score and play defense only time Pickett made a run he was on the bench.

Sorry I hit the 2 instead of the 1. But yeah bates is a great player as always. But one player shouldn't be able to beat 5. If that is what happened then I'd be afraid to see what happens when you play a team with 5 good players :popcorneater:

will i guess that John Jenkins never beat nobody by his self when he was playing high school ball if you think one player can not beat a team then all i can say is you need to be coaching somewhere because it happen every week in high school basketball

I didn't say the couldn't do it. I said they shouldn't be able to do it. And I do not believe the bates kid is the next John Jenkins. He is good but not John Jenkins. If Pickett has 5 good players then they should be able to beat one good player but it sounds like they don't. :thumb:

will i guess that John Jenkins never beat nobody by his self when he was playing high school ball if you think one player can not beat a team then all i can say is you need to be coaching somewhere because it happen every week in high school basketball

Yes John Jenkins could beat a team by himself, well nearly anyway, but noone in this region is as good as John Jenkins and I would say noone in A is as good as John Jenkins was...