Coaches Favor Old Playoff System

Hoganknows

Less travel? Heck this system requires more travel and has been a failure from day one. Just look at good teams like Smyrna and Brentwood for an example..... the schedules they have to play might keep them out of the playoffs. The 6 classifications has been great for some communities like Columbia and Hendersonville that were on the lower part of the old 5 classifications. I'm sure they will not vote to go back to 5 classifications, heck I would not either if I coached at those schools.

This part about the playoffs based on wins and loses has got to change...what was wrong with top 4 in each Region going to the playoffs...simple and everybody knew what they need to do to make the playoffs each year and scheduling was a breeze. Simple plan with simple rules....I guess Hogan is just "Old School"....this Z Plan has never made any sense.

And Travel in the playoffs...heck it's fun and you get to see new teams and how football is played all over the state.

I agree with you. I am not a big fan of this stupid Z-plan thing. I do really like our district set up, it makes since more than the metro schools being with us. Gallatin also had a hard time finding teams to fill in the schedule but luckily some of the tougher 6-A schools filled it out. Changing something that wasn't broke was just dumb.

Hendersonville will probably be classified in 6-A when the new enrollment figures come out next time along with Station Camp.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic