Eligibility Question

movinonup

Kid plays varsity ball at one school, but quits team on 12-2-10. Last game played was 11-30-10.

Played in 4 games + 2 HOF games. Transferred to another school - when would he be eligible to play on new school's team?

As long as he made a legimate move.If his family actually moved.Or if his parents are divorced and he moved with the other.Or in some other instances that would have required a hard ship.Like if he lived with his grandmother all the time and passes away .Just some scenarios.But if a move was made,would be eligible,would be eligible immediately.

Kid plays varsity ball at one school, but quits team on 12-2-10. Last game played was 11-30-10.

Played in 4 games + 2 HOF games. Transferred to another school - when would he be eligible to play on new school's team?

After looking at your post again,I'm assuming that he just transferred without moving.I think it's 1 year from his last playing date.

Edited by mrbigster

These things are always complicated but here is a shot (may not be right)...

With a bona-fide change of address (as defined by TSSAA) I think he is eligible right away. Absent a bona-fide change of address he has to sit out 1-year from date of last athletic record. In the case of quitting a team it MAY hinge on when the school dropped him from the eligibility report with the TSSAA (not real sure about that).

If its private to public you can typically get waivers for financial hardship, etc. If it is public to private it will be the proverbial cold day in... July.

The penalties are pretty severe for playing an ineligible player. I think the best course is to get something in writing from the TSSAA.

These things are always complicated but here is a shot (may not be right)...

With a bona-fide change of address (as defined by TSSAA) I think he is eligible right away. Absent a bona-fide change of address he has to sit out 1-year from date of last athletic record. In the case of quitting a team it MAY hinge on when the school dropped him from the eligibility report with the TSSAA (not real sure about that).

If its private to public you can typically get waivers for financial hardship, etc. If it is public to private it will be the proverbial cold day in... July.

The penalties are pretty severe for playing an ineligible player. I think the best course is to get something in writing from the TSSAA.

I believe that would be right.I said 1 year from the date last played but you could be right as to when they drop him from the eligibility report.

I believe that would be right.I said 1 year from the date last played but you could be right as to when they drop him from the eligibility report.

Thanks all - I was thinking a year from date last played also. Not a bonafide move - just school to school in same general vacinity. Laughing out loud at coffeebreak comment - private to private. Guess if he gets to this point, coaches would know how to check with TSSAA. Appreciate the input.