Maryville's toughest game this year?

Spartan4Life

First let me say I think VERY HIGHLY of both Coach Blade and Coach Quarrels. They are two of the best in the State, bar none. I figure they WOULD like to travel and play better teams. Unfortunately none of us have any control over administrations. Also if you check I never said Oak Ridge had a weak schedule. Y'all do play tough teams. Just playing Maryville proves that.

Yes you have beaten us, but you might want to see what R'dale did to Oak Ridge before that.

I got a lot of respect for Riverdale, i was on some of the 90s teams when we played them..They were all tough hard nosed games, few which could have gone either way, except in 94 and maybe another year. Truthfully, yalls 94 team shoulda just blew us out, we didn't have loads of talent that year, just a bunch of hard nosed young kids who never quit..

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is exactly why we (R'dale) had to go to Ky and play St X and Brighton from the Memphis area. Add to this Blackman and Smyrna and LaVergne and also Oakland playing teams like Olive Branch Miss, and Signal Mt and another team from Ky (Oakland) and finally that little Private from Knoxville that LaVergne beat by a hair. It was rated #1 in the state at the time of their meeting if I remember correctly while LaVergne is the cellar dweller of this district. Most of the teams in east Tn act like it will kill them to come out of the mountains and off the Cumberland Plateau.

Get off some of that gate money and TRAVEL! It is broadening for your outlook.

To answer a previous question, I was born in Nashville and am VERY proud of it. I figure I am one of the few 'NATIVE" Tennesseans left in Rutherford County. I have also traveled to ALL 95 counties in this state, all 50 states, and lastly 64 foreign countries. Some I was only in long enough to kill folks there. Some I was in helping to make arraingements to kill some of the natives.

Any more questions? I only got into this thread because Y'ALL started it about who was the hardest to face this year.

Maryville has played in both 6A state championships , and 10 out of the last 11 State Championships ... yet we still need advice from you ... and the funny thing is you don't even think you're being arrogant or disrespectful by doing so .

Maryville played a great game against Alcoa last year and still lost , yet we played the best that District 7-AAA had to offer without our starting QB ( Our best player ) in the second half and still won ( meanwhile your team was getting beat by one of our East Tn " Cupcakes" ...j/k sweet ...lol ) Maybe you should just be thankful those 2 teams are in Blount county , and you don't have to play these weak teams from the East any more than you do .

LOD,

I am sorry to see that you are traveling down this road. I thought your were asking a valid question about our schedule, but I believe you are just stirring the pot. My response to your original post was accurate...our scheduled turned out to be less of a challenge than I anticipated. However, the first 9 weeks included 8 opponent that came off playoff runs last year. It included two state champions in week 0 and 1, It also had 2 teams that made the semis last year...1 of which was OR...why were they in the semis last year and not a Rutherford Co team?

I just hope we can hang in the playoffs long enough this year to actually see one of these mythical Rutherford Co teams, so we can see what real football looks like. Hopefully, all of those powerhouses haven't beaten each other up too much to compete against some mediocre teams like Oak Ridge.

Maryville has beaten us ONCE because all the years we were playing for the 5A championships y'all were in Class 4A. <_<

Also Alcoa has NEVER beaten us because we have only played y'all. Like y'all are so fond of saying, it is NOT arrogance if you ARE that good.

Will we meet this year? Maybe. If we do will y'all beat us? Again maybe with a leaning towards probably because your Coach has our Coaches number and you have a MUCH better DC than we do.

LOD,

I am sorry to see that you are traveling down this road. I thought your were asking a valid question about our schedule, but I believe you are just stirring the pot. My response to your original post was accurate...our scheduled turned out to be less of a challenge than I anticipated. However, the first 9 weeks included 8 opponent that came off playoff runs last year. It included two state champions in week 0 and 1, It also had 2 teams that made the semis last year...1 of which was OR...why were they in the semis last year and not a Rutherford Co team?

I just hope we can hang in the playoffs long enough this year to actually see one of these mythical Rutherford Co teams, so we can see what real football looks like. Hopefully, all of those powerhouses haven't beaten each other up too much to compete against some mediocre teams like Oak Ridge.

It was an honest question. I only started stirring in response to getting hit. You know it is an old Linebacker sort of thing. I also believe Maryville is mediocre like I believe we are mediocre. :roflol:

I am still trying to figure out how Alcoa has lost 4 this year!

That is exactly why we (R'dale) had to go to Ky and play St X and Brighton from the Memphis area. Add to this Blackman and Smyrna and LaVergne and also Oakland playing teams like Olive Branch Miss, and Signal Mt and another team from Ky (Oakland) and finally that little Private from Knoxville that LaVergne beat by a hair. It was rated #1 in the state at the time of their meeting if I remember correctly while LaVergne is the cellar dweller of this district. Most of the teams in east Tn act like it will kill them to come out of the mountains and off the Cumberland Plateau.

To answer a previous question, I was born in Nashville and am VERY proud of it. I figure I am one of the few 'NATIVE" Tennesseans left in Rutherford County. I have also traveled to ALL 95 counties in this state, all 50 states, and lastly 64 foreign countries. Some I was only in long enough to kill folks there. Some I was in helping to make arraingements to kill some of the natives.

Any more questions? I only got into this thread because Y'ALL started it about who was the hardest to face this year.

We need to continue this discussion another week...you're causing some of us to chomp at the bit to see a Riverdale-Oak Ridge and/or Maryville match-up! We've been bored around here lately with all the blow-outs! Thank the Lord the pre-season is over...the regular season is finally here!

First off Oak Ridge knows I NEVER overlook them. Choking against them last year is a prime example. Second I have no control over anyones Cheerleaders. <_<

What I was referring to is the compitition from up there that is NOT tough. A prime example is the teams DB plays for them to go 10-0 so often then choke in the playoffs. Honestly with the exception of Alcoa and maybe one more, who exactly has been tough for y'all this season?

This lack of tough compitition is to your advantage as there is not many hurt come playoff time. Unfortunately in Rutherford County NO team has that luxory.

Yes, Maryville has both a Great Coach and Team. You do have to admit your schedule helps though.

In all honesty I do not see us playing each other as we always seem to choke come playoff time to the extent I am almost afraid of Coffee County Friday night....OK I am kidding about this one.

I guess I have to agree, the competition is tough there. Our radio announcer was afraid to go home last year....tough guys were trying to get in the windows to get him....Lol

I got a lot of respect for Riverdale, i was on some of the 90s teams when we played them..They were all tough hard nosed games, few which could have gone either way, except in 94 and maybe another year. Truthfully, yalls 94 team shoulda just blew us out, we didn't have loads of talent that year, just a bunch of hard nosed young kids who never quit..

SS - Good luck to Oak Ridge in the playoffs. I hope you guys are back to full strength. Would love to see you all take on Riverdale in a couple of weeks...and then maybe another Maryville-OR rematch!

I am so impressed by Rdale's schedule. Wonder if stars has connections with the person in charge of your outreach garbage service ? May have some dads on this thread looking to get their sons a garbage / football package so they can actually play some "real football teams" during their high school experience. I hope someday our Rebel football team can play someone in a game that would really challenge us, not these weak teams LOL. I guess my son will miss out on a positive football experience by playing for Maryville.

Good luck in the playoffs, hope you get your wish .....

OR may have something to say , shouldn't over look them

All those "Shining Gold Footballs" in MHS Trophy case ......... WEAK SCHEDULE.... just think what MHS could accomplish if we played some "real football teams"