Metro Coaching Carousel

OffTheRecord

A couple of months back the talk was that the Franklin head coach is headed to Hillsboro. Any word on that from Metro? Sounds like the Hillsboro coach is there for at least the time being. Schools often wait for the playoffs to end before making coaching moves. Looks like it may be a waiting game in some cases.

is this true? i dont think so but what the word

*note........this is only a 5A / 6A problem and it is not coaching!!. The Pearl-Cohn and Maplewood's are doing fine when matched outside in play-offs. They are underattended schools with some very nice athletes (ask Smith Co about talent-level). Here is my point........Broome at Maplewood was at McGavock (got fired); he would have never won big there, but doing fine at Maplewood. The problem of competing at the bigger schools is far more than coaching.......admin at next 2 levels would have to undergo a complete athletic rennaisance plus somehow figuring how to get community support back to the schools........an answer might be smaller schools,,,,,,,get out of those big old comp schools. Metro at one time had about 22-23 schools playing football.

Bransford Ave could care less about football in Nashville.....bring in whoever you would like; it will not change one iota. I am really sorry to have to say these things IMHO

Maplewood certainly has done very well with the student athletes they get out to play. Pearl-Cohn gets MLK High School kids which would make them more like a 4a or 5a school. Broome and his staff have done very well at Maplewood.

Are you roaming the sidelines anywhere? What's your take on Stratford job)?

Shortly after Blade left Hillsboro, total change was required by the new coach. I'm now fortunate to be able to spend more time with family. Stratford is such a challenging teaching job that the applicants will be limited imo. Hard to build a staff when the teaching requirements are so great plus funding almost all goes to security bills and female sports. I think J. Smith worked his rear off for Stratford and it never resulted in as many wins as he would have liked. I think they should get the men's track coach and offer him the job, he did just win a State Title a few months ago.

Shortly after Blade left Hillsboro, total change was required by the new coach. I'm now fortunate to be able to spend more time with family. Stratford is such a challenging teaching job that the applicants will be limited imo. Hard to build a staff when the teaching requirements are so great plus funding almost all goes to security bills and female sports. I think J. Smith worked his rear off for Stratford and it never resulted in as many wins as he would have liked. I think they should get the men's track coach and offer him the job, he did just win a State Title a few months ago.

Plan on coaching again?