SP vs Grace Academy Eagles

powerp

From knox grace go pirates all the way to the Gold ball after seeing the game how could i not be a fan unless we are playing yall hang about 60 on this team and keeo the starters healthy they will need rest after the war we had with yall please ignore the 12thmangca he gets a little worked up see ya next year in tortuga argggg!:popcorneater:

Raven, you represent your school well.....can't wait to welcome you guys to SP next year....you will see what small town football can be, when an entire city pulls together. Just look for the Friday night lights.:thumb:

FROM NOOGA.COM

GRACE TRAVELS TO SOUTH PITTSBURG

Grace Academy coach Bob Ateca opened up the Class 1A playoff bracket Saturday afternoon and was less than thrilled with what he saw. The prospect of simply seeing his Eagles — which were a combined 3-16 in 2009 and ‘10 — in the playoff picture wasn’t enough.

“I think we’re better than a No. 6 seed,†Ateca said of his team’s placement in the 24-team tournament, which is broken into four, six-team quadrants. “It goes into number of wins and it doesn’t take into account strength of schedule.â€

Grace only faced three teams in Class 1A in 2011, due in large part to opponent’s reluctance to play them, according to Ateca. “Everybody knows that the number of wins is what’s going to matter,†the coach said. “Everyone is jockeying to get the easiest schedule that they possibly can get.â€

Grace’s four losses came to 2A Boyd-Buchanan, 3A Sweetwater and 4A Notre Dame and Grundy County. The Eagles beat Lookout Valley, 27-6, yet the Yellow Jackets (7-3) sit at No. 5 in the same quadrant. Ateca ceded that it is a difficult fix, and added that Grace’s tough schedule will only aid in playoff preparation.

“I think ultimately it will help us,†he said. “Our kids have seen good competition.â€

The other half of Ateca’s slight displeasure upon seeing his team’s draw was the first-round matchup at South Pittsburg. The Pirates (8-2) landed a No. 3 seed after struggling through some of the same scheduling conflicts as the Eagles.

“It’s a huge challenge because they are defending state champions and we have to go to their place,†Ateca said. “But for us it’s a great opportunity. We look forward to the challenge.â€

South Pittsburg suffered its second loss of the season last week in a triple-overtime, 3-0 defensive battle at Knoxville Grace. The game capped a brutal four-game stretch, but the shutout was unexpected from a team that had scored less than 30 only one other time in 2011 (in a 26-10 victory over Boyd).

The Pirates are led by a tandem of running backs in sophomore Jajuan Lankford and junior Demetric Johnson that each have multiple 100-yard rushing games this season. At quarterback, junior Jake Stone can run or throw, and looks to senior Antonio Chubb as his favorite target.

“They can hurt you either way,†Ateca said. “Defensively, they run around with reckless abandon.â€

Grace counters with a potent offense of its own. The Eagles averaged more than 40 points in their six wins, and have a bevy of running backs at their disposal. Junior Aaron Tisdale and senior Cooper Wittman lead the way, while junior quarterback Josh Smith is also capable of making plays with his feet. As a team, the Eagles rushed for more than 2,800 yards in the regular season.

In the passing game, 6-foot-3 senior Corey Nelson provides a consistent deep threat. He caught five passes for 213 yards and a score against Lookout Valley.

“Our kids feel like we can move the ball against anybody,†Ateca said. “That’s not going to change this week.â€

Of the tough tests his team has faced, South Pittsburg will likely create the tallest hurdle for Ateca’s Eagles. When the two meet Friday, it won’t matter which occupies what seed, it will be a win-or-go-home game for both. In his second season at Grace, Ateca is approaching it as a unique opportunity.

“I think the road to the state championship is going to go through South Pittsburg at some point,†Ateca said. “So we might as well just go ahead and take care of it right away.â€

NOW THAT IS HILARIOUS COMING FROM A COACH WHO WOULD NOT PLAY US IN THE REGULAR SEASON!!

Let's see them move the ball on us....I change from scoring 60 to 70 on a good hunch.

You're mighty right. Our first two victims - Grace and Greenback - refused to play us in the regular season. Having to flesh out the schedule with bigger schools is why we're in this #3 seed mess. Now, Grace and Greenback will pay dearly.

couldn't help but notice the pic on coacht home page..SP vs GCA

After reading that artical, and hearing they dodged SP in the regular season, I'm going to say SP by 9 TDs...

Good Luck SP from Huntingdon! :thumb:

You got that right. This bunch from Shallowford Road dodged S.P in the regular season, but can't avoid them in the playoffs. SP can't get caught looking ahead in this game. One step at a time. I ain't joking either. :roflol:

Grace only faced three teams in Class 1A in 2011, due in large part to opponent’s reluctance to play them, according to Ateca.

That has to be the funniest thing I have read in a month. :lol: I can't think of a 1a team that is scared of them. Even Whitwell will play them. Taft will play them.

This Ateca man is really talking alot of crap about Grider. I hope Grider shows our boys what this Ateca man says so they can get real mad before the game and go out their an nock some holes in that Grace line.

Let's just let Atticus keep on talking. I took a look at that article. He says their offense can't be stopped. South Pitt needs to step it up again this week and continue the improvement on defense.