Harpeth @ Sequatchie Co.

Omniscience

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth (7-3) at Sequatchie County (7-3)

Nicknames: Indians and Indians

Coaches: Harpeth’s Doug Loope, Sequatchie’s Chad Barger

The season: Harpeth started out 6-0 but then lost back-to-back games to Sycamore and Camden. They actually finished the year losing three of four games with the last loss coming Friday at Cheatham County. They have scored as many as 54 points in a game (also hitting 40-plus on two other occasions) but have held opponents to nine or fewer points only twice. Sequatchie’s losses are to playoff teams South Pittsburg and Bledsoe County and two Signal Mountain, which would have been a class 4A factor if not for having to vacate six wins because of an ineligible player. The Indians scored a season-high 64 points against Marion County and gave up 56 to Signal in their final regular season game.

Playoffs: Sequatchie has made the playoffs each of the last three years and advanced last year to the second round with an upset of neighbor Bledsoe County. Harpeth, which has 16 playoff seasons, was out of the postseason last year but went 1-1 in 2009. They have never played a Chattanooga area team in the playoffs.

This should be a good matchup. However, I think the Sequatchie will have the overall speed advantage, and has played the tougher schedule. Sequatchie is VERY physical and has great speed at some positions. I think this will be the one of the best if not the best team Harpeth has played all year. Best of luck to both teams. Sequatchie by 2 or 3 tds.

Edited by DefMinded

Seq scored 64 vs Whitwell, not Marion, as the article mentioned. Before anyone thinks it was running it up, they pulled the offensive starters, still scored one more with reserves and likely would have again if a long run by reserves had not been called back due to some kind of illegal procedure or formation penalty. Game was 50-15 after three quarters.

This should be a good matchup. However, I think the Sequatchie will have the overall speed advantage, and has played the tougher schedule. Sequatchie is VERY physical and has great speed at some positions. I think this will be the one of the best if not the best team Harpeth has played all year. Best of luck to both teams. Sequatchie by 2 or 3 tds.

I agree, I have watched the Camden and Waverly games and Harpeth does not have as much speed. Also seems to have trouble stopping the run in some spots. I am taking Sequatchie in this battle of the tribes.

Harpeth 14

Sequatchie 35

Maybe I think Camden is still probably the best team that they will play all year.

Sounds like the making of a great game! evenly matched teams! I hope Harpeth brings a good crowd. You will find good parking and one of the best stadium's in the state for high school football. Glad we are hosting someone new for a change in the playoffs!

You're looking at around 2 1/2 to 3 hours whichever route you take. Google maps first suggestion is south to Manchester, over to McMinnville then down to Dunlap..Murfreesboro to Cannon County to McMinnville is almost identical in estimated time, so is west to Cookeville then down south through Sparta and Spencer. Leave by 3 and there should be no problem getting there.