Wayne County @ Huntingdon

tricklician

After watching the highlight film of Wayne County it looks like you guys have a lot of size in every position but that won't be a problem for Huntingdon. We were out sized in just about every game this year but maybe one.. I can promise you Wayne County fans one thing, this will be the fastest team y'all have seen all year. Can't wait till kick off.. What kind of fan base does Wayne have? Will y'all bring more than Perry did?

After watching the highlight film of Wayne County it looks like you guys have a lot of size in every position but that won't be a problem for Huntingdon. We were out sized in just about every game this year but maybe one.. I can promise you Wayne County fans one thing, this will be the fastest team y'all have seen all year. Can't wait till kick off.. What kind of fan base does Wayne have? Will y'all bring more than Perry did?

IMHO.....The fan base sucks. The past 4 yrs have been some of the best for WC and people still don't get into the game and I will bet that not may people make the drive to Huntingdon...."cause it's to far"....Good Lord suck it up".....You may not see another WC team of this caliber for at least year or two(lots of good Freshman coming up). I know that will stir some people but it's the truth.

Anyway, we have been out sized too in games this year(example....Cascade....WC 34 Cascade 0). You are right about one thing though that this will be the fastest team that WC has meet. Although, #4, #19, #10, and #21 aren't exactly slow either. #67 Boston Ray and #10 Peyton Mathis will be in the top 5 best tacklers that Huntingdon has seen this year.GO WILDCATS!!!!thumb[1].gif

Edited by wildcatalumni

wc has plenty of size and the biggest reason wc is undefeated at this point in the season is the line play on both sides of the ball, they have won the battle up front in every game this year, and speed has not botherd wc all year as a whole wc team speed is above avg. exp. on d all 11 can run including line they swarm to the football

IMHO.....The fan base sucks. The past 4 yrs have been some of the best for WC and people still don't get into the game and I will bet that not may people make the drive to Huntingdon...."cause it's to far"....Good Lord suck it up".....You may not see another WC team of this caliber for at least year or two(lots of good Freshman coming up). I know that will stir some people but it's the truth.

Anyway, we have been out sized too in games this year(example....Cascade....WC 34 Cascade 0). You are right about one thing though that this will be the fastest team that WC has meet. Although, #4, #19, #10, and #21 aren't exactly slow either. #67 Boston Ray and #10 Peyton Mathis will be in the top 5 best tacklers that Huntingdon has seen this year.GO WILDCATS!!!!thumb[1].gif

Not taking a shot on WC about this but a lot of that has to do with tradition. Until the last few years, WC has been an average team, just a little above .500 now.

Building a fan base takes time. Kids growing up going to the games will become adults going to the games. Huntingdon has built their fan base over time. Even during down years there are still good crowds, but like any sports team not as much as during a good year.

Winning BIG games in the playoffs will help build that tradition. Just don't want this to be one of those years. :thumb:

Ill have to agree. Warbritton will probably be the 4th best player on the field.

1. Austin Rice

2. The Watson kid from Huntingdon

3. Boston Ray

4. Warbritton

Honestly, I don't put a lot of stock in your assessment of talent. However, it doesn't matter to Huntingdon if the 4 best players on the field Friday night are all from WC. All that is going to matter is who has the better team.

I really believe that will be Huntingdon.

Not taking a shot on WC about this but a lot of that has to do with tradition. Until the last few years, WC has been an average team, just a little above .500 now.

Building a fan base takes time. Kids growing up going to the games will become adults going to the games. Huntingdon has built their fan base over time. Even during down years there are still good crowds, but like any sports team not as much as during a good year.

Winning BIG games in the playoffs will help build that tradition. Just don't want this to be one of those years. :thumb:

Yeah but in the last 10 years WC has only had one season where they didn't play above .500 and they were still 5-5 on the year. Also, WC hasn't missed the playoffs in those 10 years and have won 4 Region titles. This isn't the first time they have made deep runs into the playoffs either. They did it back in the 90's too. I'll put it like this....WC has a good crowd at home but we don't have a good travel crowd. There may be others that disagree but....oh well.

Honestly, I don't put a lot of stock in your assessment of talent. However, it doesn't matter to Huntingdon if the 4 best players on the field Friday night are all from WC. All that is going to matter is who has the better team.

I really believe that will be Huntingdon.

WC is a team and not a bunch of individuals. They will all show up on the same bus and they will play together. I do know that WC players are excited to get to play the #1 team in the state. They are looking forward to the game.

PS. We all know that you all beat Milan.......

Yeah but in the last 10 years WC has only had one season where they didn't play above .500 and they were still 5-5 on the year. Also, WC hasn't missed the playoffs in those 10 years and have won 4 Region titles. This isn't the first time they have made deep runs into the playoffs either. They did it back in the 90's too. I'll put it like this....WC has a good crowd at home but we don't have a good travel crowd. There may be others that disagree but....oh well.

Outside of Milan and Camden this will be the best defense we've faced all year. The way you guys run to the ball and don't miss tackles really worries me. This game will be won up front on the o-line and d-line. Wayne County will not get outside of our defense like they did aganist those other teams. Huntingdon is just to fast and we don't miss a hole lot of tackles either.

Huntingdon 38

Wayne County 21

WC is a team and not a bunch of individuals. They will all show up on the same bus and they will play together. I do know that WC players are excited to get to play the #1 team in the state. They are looking forward to the game.

PS. We all know that you all beat Milan.......

Some PC and WC fans just want to keep bringing that up. Yeah there were several Huntingdon posters that brought up how big a win that was. Huntingdon fans told PC over and over what was about to happen and it did.

But since you brought it up, what has WC done? Give me examples of REALLY good teams ya'll have beat this season. Give me examples of consistently successful post season teams ya'll have beat. Convince me that you have had games and wins against teams that are of the caliber of Milan, Camden, or even Dresden. Don't just spout off your opinion give facts, stats, to back it up.

Outside of Milan and Camden this will be the best defense we've faced all year. The way you guys run to the ball and don't miss tackles really worries me. This game will be won up front on the o-line and d-line. Wayne County will not get outside of our defense like they did aganist those other teams. Huntingdon is just to fast and we don't miss a hole lot of tackles either.

Huntingdon 38

Wayne County 21

Yeah, they get to the ball quick. Our LB core is the best that I have seen all year. I know that that is bragging a little but it is my opinion. Like I said in an earlier post, #67 and #10 are some really good tacklers. I know #10 is safety but the kid never misses a tackle. I'll also agree that the outside plays will not be as successful as in the past games, but #4 and #42 are some really hard runners. I really look forward to seeing the Warbritton kid play again, but I'll be honest and it might upset some Stang posters but I like y'alls fullback the most, #38 I believe. I really like hard nosed players like him.

Edited by wildcatalumni