Wayne County @ Huntingdon

tricklician

After watching the Huntingdon-Perry County game online, I'm going to make a bold prediction:

Wayne County will stop Huntingdon's run offense.

Things I saw that were positive for Huntingdon:

1. They have depth and sub in players a lot.

2. Their O-Line does a really good job of pulling and getting around to their blocks.

3. Warbritton is an amazing athlete.

4. They have a very fast-paced offense, that can wear you down in the long run.

Things I saw that were negative:

1. People said that our D-Line stands up, well so does y'all's sometimes as well.

2. #15 for Huntingdon runs absolutely straight up and down. No level with his pads, and if he keeps doing that, he'll get drilled by someone.

3. All their line does is cut, cut, cut, and cut block some more. I believe if they do that all night, the D-Line will be making sure that their face is in the dirt all night.

4. They're actually really undersized. There's not a lot of big guys who play on both of their lines, and some guys don't even look 200 pounds soaking wet.

kinda noticed that the only rb that was hard to get down once you got to him was fb, the others werent hard to get down once you got your hands on them , now that being said getting to them is much easier said than done because hunt. blocks really well

Nice post, one of the more intelligent ones from a WC fan this week.

I left Nashville out of the mix because quite honestly that is a whole different level of football than the rest of middle TN. However, against those teams we have gone 2-4 with a state championship. David Lipscomb 2-1, Goodpasture 0-3.

The comparison over the last few years is definitely a valid argument. WC is in a better 4 yr run than is Huntingdon. Looking just at the playoffs over that same stretch WC is 4-3 and Huntingdon is 3-3. Almost identical records for the playoffs while having 12 more regular season wins. Kinda proves the point I was making earlier, WC is good during the regular season while playing mediocre teams but not so good when the competition gets tougher.

I am not trying to take anything away from WC, just stating how I see it. If WC pulls off the win, then I will congratulate them and wish them well. This is the 2nd week in a row that the team we were facing has said they were the best Huntingdon has seen all year. All I asked for from fans is some basis as to why other than an opinion.

i have never said wc will be the best team hunt. has faced this year because we might not be because i dont know havent seen all the teams hunt. has played but i also cant say they want be either

so when wc loses to tougher comp. in the playoffs it counts as us not doing so good when the competition gets tougher

but when hunt. loses to better comp in the playoffs (i.e nashville) you just dont wana count that

and if wc were to win and that is a big if, i will make a prediction that all these hunt. posters that are so confident wc has no snowballs chance will no where to be found, or if they do come on the board there will be millions of excuses as to why it happend

Edited by catsfan01

i have never said wc will be the best team hunt. has faced this year because we might not be because i dont know havent seen all the teams hunt. has played but i also cant say they want be either

so when wc loses to tougher comp. in the playoffs it counts as us not doing so good when the competition gets tougher

but when hunt. loses to better comp in the playoffs (i.e nashville) you just dont wana count that

and if wc were to win and that is a big if, i will make a prediction that all these hunt. posters that are so confident wc has no snowballs chance will no where to be found, or if they do come on the board there will be millions of excuses as to why it happend

Actually I was making a distinction between middle TN and Nashville, kinda like we do between west TN and Memphis. WC poster had earlier talked about the privates in Nashville being part of the reason WC had early exits from the playoffs so I eliminated those games for both teams. I listed our history with the privates in Nashville. Do you really want me to bring up WC's history with the privates in Nashville?

I will assure you I will be back on after the game win or lose. If Huntingdon loses, there may be a few that make excuses but for the most part you will find Huntingdon fans don't make excuses. We will congratulate WC and wish them the best.

All this trash talk is pointless. So this is what i have to say...

Best of luck to Wayne Co friday night. Hope all you fans travel safely and please bring a big crowd to Paul Ward. I've said before, the atmosphere there in November is like nothing else. I'm looking forward to this game very much. What could be better than two undefeated teams going at it to pretty much see who goes to Cookville? Good luck to both teams, and especially to the boys in blue :thumb:

Go Stangs!

WC by 13 huntingdon cant stop the run an pass

I'm going to add my two cents to this thread for what its worth. I have been watching Huntingdon improve over the last few years. I myself, am a Camden fan. I have complete hatred toward the Mustangs as an adversary, and complete respect for them as a program and team. This is the best team I have seen Huntingdon field since they beat David Lipscomb in the state championship about ten years ago. Camden ran on just about everyone they faced this year. Passed on most too. But not on the Mustangs. Camden was always smaller than their opponents but was much faster. Well when this Huntingdon team showed up, they were BIGGER and just as fast as we were. They were a touchdown better than Camden that night before a botched onside kick late that was returned for a TD. Milan has a very, VERY strong running game. Always has. Huntingdon stopped them too. If the team I saw Huntingdon play last week played in 3A with who Huntingdon frequently crosses divisions to play, they would probably go about 5-5. Not saying anything bad about Perry County, but that's just the way I see it. I could be wrong. If 9-10 people in the box can't stop the run, you have no chance on a team that can throw the ball too. Obviously the Wayne County team is much better than PC. No one has stopped Huntingdon better this year than Camden and Milan and both teams lost. Milan is still playing and Camden is out of the playoffs. This tells me that obviously Huntingdon can stop the run pretty well. Can they get beat with the pass, possibly, but you better have good chin straps on your receivers cause that secondary will lay some lumber if a QB sets his receiver up for failure. Wayne County is obviously pretty good at ball control and balance according to what I have heard. If not, they wouldn't be 11-0. Huntingdon didn't show their full playbook last Friday. They did stuff against Camden this year that I never saw them run in the last 5-8 years. Very successful stuff might I add. Apparently PC's defense was good enough to at least slow down the Wayne County offense when they played. They stopped Huntingdon twice I think and one time on a fumble. I truly believe this Huntingdon team could compete for the 3A championship this year if they were in that division.

Huntingdon WILL win this game based on several factors. For one, their mental toughness. They are a very well coached team that doesn't make a bunch of mental errors like false starting and getting dumb penalties. Two, their ability to POUND the rock. They not only are very, VERY fast, but will punish a DB for trying to tackle them. Thirdly their size/speed combination. They work in every back to his specialty whether they are going in for blocking or running. The offensive line gets a 3-4 yard push just about every play. Now the X-factor in Warbritton. He is one of the best running QB's I have seen in a long time. His speed is deceptive and if he gets to the second level, he's gone if you don't have an angle on him. No one, NO ONE is gonna catch him from behind at this level of competition. Wayne County will compete and will make this a close one till the 4th quarter and Huntingdon will wear down the defense. I'll take Huntingdon 35-20.

Good luck to both teams and hope the gold ball comes back to West Tennesse this year.

its jus gettin old talkin bout the region an schedule WC has i mean it would be different if the players had something to do with the choice of who they play but they dont ...an the history is too i mean heck sorry if theses seniors grandparents wasnt all state players or never won a state title...so get over it ,its 2011 not 1920 :roflol: so go getem "2011"cats ..

If their parents didn't win any titles, then they should be accustomed to losing....which is what will happen Friday night. 11-1 is still respectable! Sorry, I couldn't help myself!!!

Edited by matt_8777