Karns @ Science Hill

voltnh

It seems the majority of people hang their hat on the DB game like it is the only game that matters. If that is the case they were beat soundly in that game. Not that the team has alot of support to begin with, but that game hurt even more. Sort of like status quo, same old Hill. Little rain in the forecast on friday should mean more of the same also. The majority feel weather played a huge part into the DB dominance. If that is true will it not also be a factor this friday? Listen, I hope I am wrong and gladly would eat crow. I hope Science Hill comes out with a vengance and dominates from start to finish. This years team has some fire, but no discipline. The lack of discipline is hurting them. It was ever present in the DB game. I felt DB would win, but never imagined in that fashion. I believe it takes time to teach discipline and that seems to still cripple this years team. I don't know wheter or not the right people are in place for that and no one else does, time will tell. I do however feel they need more time even though it seems(not necessarily so, but seems to me) the generated buzz is starting to sour among the few faithful. A win and a solid show in Round 2 would be the perfect shot of adrenaline back into the program. Sorry, if you feel that I was disrespectful, just my opinion. (even if it is lousy to you)

Didn't think it was disrespectful, just curious.

This year's DB game did resemble the status quo and made it appear that progress hasn't been made. The two early TDs given to DB were simply deflating.

With a win, Science Hill will have a rematch (not sure you can really call it that) with Maryville. A better showing against Maryville this year will be a much better barometer of how the program has progressed than the DB game, IMHO.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't think it was disrespectful, just curious.

This year's DB game did resemble the status quo and made it appear that progress hasn't been made. The two early TDs given to DB were simply deflating.

With a win, Science Hill will have a rematch (not sure you can really call it that) with Maryville. A better showing against Maryville this year will be a much better barometer of how the program has progressed than the DB game, IMHO.

I dont see any change in our play the last 10 years always beat the teams were suppose 2 NEVER win one were not. DB is still 20 points better than us. Were very lucky the big 8 was very down this year or we would have been lucky to go 5@5Dont really know how 2 fix it our 8th 9th and jv do very well but get to Big Boy ball on friday night and cant win.I dont know abut other SH fans but im tierd of hearing how good Carter is any coach we ve had could be 7-3 this year all the money spent on football and still cant beat ANY good teams im glad BB is here but i dont know how great it will be this year

Sorry jeffs but until you hire an athletic director who will hire a quality coach DB is going to put the hammer on SHHS. I doubt Mike Turner will be available again.

I Agree Everybody thinks Carter is all that. Dont know him but Jenkins built South before Carter took over Then went and turn Boone around.Being one of the biggest schools in TN football is hard to watch at the Hill they DONT play smart and sound football Everyone picks them to win big Friday i wouldnt bet on it

Edited by jeffs

Here is the formula to get Science Hill turned around. First of all, Stacey needs to play an entire game and run on every single play. I mean don't throw not one stinking pass!!! He's got way to good a o-line and runningbacks to fool with that stupid spread passing game. I can bet you, if he would commit to the run they would be successful. After they establish they are a running team, then he can mix in a few flair out passess to the backs and tight ends and maybe twice a game throw the ball deep. Carter needs to quit thinking he is " The Old Ball Coach" and do what they are capable of doing. Am i wrong? Did anyone else see the huge gains they got against DB when they did this? There is the formula, too bad for the Hill fans though, cause Stacey is still an idiot. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the formula to get Science Hill turned around. First of all, Stacey needs to play an entire game and run on every single play. I mean don't throw not one stinking pass!!! He's got way to good a o-line and runningbacks to fool with that stupid spread passing game. I can bet you, if he would commit to the run they would be successful. After they establish they are a running team, then he can mix in a few flair out passess to the backs and tight ends and maybe twice a game throw the ball deep. Carter needs to quit thinking he is " The Old Ball Coach" and do what they are capable of doing. Am i wrong? Did anyone else see the huge gains they got against DB when they did this? There is the formula, too bad for the Hill fans though, cause Stacey is still an idiot. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to agree with this, but it is probably true. But, I don't believe Carter is an idiot though.

I Agree Everybody thinks Carter is all that. Dont know him but Jenkins built South before Carter took over Then went and turn Boone around.Being one of the biggest schools in TN football is hard to watch at the Hill they DONT play smart and sound football Everyone picks them to win big Friday i wouldnt bet on it

Carter is a good coach. An idiot can see the program is in much better shape now than it was last year and in the years prior. But he still doesn't have his system in 100% nor are the players buying in 100%. The scuffle on the sidelines is evident and such a stunt was embarrassing to the players, staff and the school. With that said there seems to be little senior leadership. Hopefully they can look on the other side of the line when playing DB and see a team that is COMMITTED to winning. Regardless of the playoffs, DB was sound and disciplined. A coach can't instill that in a few years. It takes time. SHHS has lost to DB some 18 times in a row. That says more about the state of affairs than the last few games between the two.

I am most disappointed in #1. He started the year like he would be all state. But he can't catch a cold now. He could so help his team. He is the epitome of what is wrong. He isn't committed and you can tell it on the field. The pass he caught against DB was a laugher. He was afraid of being hit. He is now gun-shy. He has yet to block any one. He hasn't bought in. He is no #45. He is no longer the best receiving option on the field.

Carter is a good coach. An idiot can see the program is in much better shape now than it was last year and in the years prior. But he still doesn't have his system in 100% nor are the players buying in 100%. The scuffle on the sidelines is evident and such a stunt was embarrassing to the players, staff and the school. With that said there seems to be little senior leadership. Hopefully they can look on the other side of the line when playing DB and see a team that is COMMITTED to winning. Regardless of the playoffs, DB was sound and disciplined. A coach can't instill that in a few years. It takes time. SHHS has lost to DB some 18 times in a row. That says more about the state of affairs than the last few games between the two.

I am most disappointed in #1. He started the year like he would be all state. But he can't catch a cold now. He could so help his team. He is the epitome of what is wrong. He isn't committed and you can tell it on the field. The pass he caught against DB was a laugher. He was afraid of being hit. He is now gun-shy. He has yet to block any one. He hasn't bought in. He is no #45. He is no longer the best receiving option on the field.

Hmm . . . Well . . . There you go . . . That's probably a more true statement!

All,this talk.......Here you go, CNEAGLES.COM, click on coaches, then click on Mike Turner, READ.

Unreal what this guy has done in the college ranks. Science Hill could of had him but passed him over. I am totally beside myself here. Does anybody think that he would not have the Toppers at least 9-1 right now. It would be scary what he would build in a few years.

Well put! I'm not going to call SC an idiot but everything you said is what a lot of folks around town are saying. This year he had the kids to run a power offense. He will NEVER and I say NEVER beat the likes of Maryville or DB running his version of the spread. I have seen 5-yard out routes thrown inside the red zone from one hash clear across the field past the other hash only to have it picked off. Maybe when this crop of "pampered" Jr Topper products are gone, the future players will buy into what he is doing. The discipline was very very poor this year and I am surprised based on everything we had heard about the Sullivan South program. Who knows....maybe the kids in Johnson City are just not tuff enough to play big boy 6a football. I do think SC is fine person and wants to win so hopefully he will take a look at what it takes to play up including making the practices more fast paced filled with HITTING and FUNDAMENTALS.

I guess you really dont want to hear the truth it is in NO better shape your a fool if you think it is offside all the time running of the mouth personalfouls every game and you think its headed in the right way dont single out one player its a bunch theres a whole team ONE player dont win football games you sound like your one of the coaches if you thinks its better i been watching 25 years and i can tell u its not

All,this talk.......Here you go, CNEAGLES.COM, click on coaches, then click on Mike Turner, READ.

Unreal what this guy has done in the college ranks. Science Hill could of had him but passed him over. I am totally beside myself here. Does anybody think that he would not have the Toppers at least 9-1 right now. It would be scary what he would build in a few years.

Its a judgment call on S-Hill's part! Two of the reasons why Science Hill didn't go with Mike Turner. #1 - He had an opportunity to head coach at S-Hill and jumped ship after 2 years. And more important #2 - Age! - - - Mike Turner is only looking at a few more years of coaching left. And S-Hill is hoping to have a good coach for many years.

I am sure some of you will argue - I would rather have 5 years of Mike Turner than 15 to 20 years of Stacy Carter. There again - its a judgment call.

Its easy to be an arm-chair athletic director and or an arm-chair coach.