BRAC 2012

RespectTheGame

Chuckey Doak 8

West Greene 4

A

good game that WG was in until they gave up a 5 run inning to CD. Cd's bats were doing well, and WG just made some errors. But we really expected this so no surprises. Cd looked good on offense. They play South Greene at 4:30 today. Greeneville Plays Cumberland Gap at 2:00. I might warn anyone coming that Tusculum is having graduation today, so traffic and parking might be a bit tight. Enter the ballfield from the old Erwin Highway entrance instead of coming in from Shiloh Road and you will do better with a shorter walk from the parking areas. Theoretically at least.

Chuckey Doak 8

West Greene 4

A

good game that WG was in until they gave up a 5 run inning to CD. Cd's bats were doing well, and WG just made some errors. But we really expected this so no surprises. Cd looked good on offense. They play South Greene at 4:30 today. Greeneville Plays Cumberland Gap at 2:00. I might warn anyone coming that Tusculum is having graduation today, so traffic and parking might be a bit tight. Enter the ballfield from the old Erwin Highway entrance instead of coming in from Shiloh Road and you will do better with a shorter walk from the parking areas. Theoretically at least.

Yeah, as a partial bystander last night, this game was A LOT closer than the score indicated. WG left the bases loaded in the 2nd inning on back to back strikeouts, both LOOKING! But, seems the betetr team won! The CG/Grain game was GREAT and a somewhat expected outcome, I guess! Should round out to be a great tourney!

After watching the tournament games to this point, I am going to say that if South Greene beats Greeneville on Monday, they will also beat them on Wednesday for the title. Rebels have looked really solid during the tournament, getting some production from the bottom half of the order and playing more consistent defense (although their have been some errors). If the pitching is solid for SG, I believe they just might give Greeneville a run.

Either way, the tournament has had some good games to watch. and that is what makes it enjoyable even if my team doesn't always win.

After watching the tournament games to this point, I am going to say that if South Greene beats Greeneville on Monday, they will also beat them on Wednesday for the title. Rebels have looked really solid during the tournament, getting some production from the bottom half of the order and playing more consistent defense (although their have been some errors). If the pitching is solid for SG, I believe they just might give Greeneville a run.

Either way, the tournament has had some good games to watch. and that is what makes it enjoyable even if my team doesn't always win.

All I can say is that you never know... However, I would say that Greeneville played like they hadn't played a ball game in over a week... a little rusty and lets see... the rebs have played Claiborne and CD... 2 teams that I wouldn't rest on those two wins... I predict Cumberland Gap beats CD on Monday as well...Now, do I think the Rebels can beat the Devils sure I do.. Do I think it comes on Monday? NO I don't. If the Devils beat the rebs tomorrow the Devils beat the Rebs on Weds night...either way it will be exciting...not getting ahead of ourselves but, how about this.. Both Devils and Rebs move on to Regionals... both win first game and play each other for the Reional championship.. Then off to sectionals and both with there as well.. and both head to the Spring Fling together!! LOL would be a great story! but, first things first...

Sg is playing a little better ball as of last few games . However Claiborne is weak , and cd is a couple players short of having a solid team . Mostly on the mound . They have two youngsters who are gonna mature into good pitchers (gridley and the tall freshman ... I cant remember his name ) but they aren't quite there yet . Sg hasn't faced a solid team since Greeneville . I wouldn't give a prediction on who wins round1 but it will be who ever makes the least mistakes and who hits it in the holes . Both outfields are solid and got good sticks . Rambo vs Seaton round2 . Should be a dandy

Edited by greenecosportsfan

Sg is playing a little better ball as of last few games . However Claiborne is weak , and cd is a couple players short of having a solid team . Mostly on the mound . They have two youngsters who are gonna mature into good pitchers (gridley and the tall freshman ... I cant remember his name ) but they aren't quite there yet . Sg hasn't faced a solid team since Greeneville . I wouldn't give a prediction on who wins round1 but it will be who ever makes the least mistakes and who hits it in the holes . Both outfields are solid and got good sticks . Rambo vs Seaton round2 . Should be a dandy

Well... I was 1-1 in my predictions. I thought CG would beat CD but, was wrong... CD bats came alive and made easy work of CG...Congrats! My Devils came out a little slow and then the bats found the holes! All 6 runs came with 2 outs in each of the innings... that's pretty darn good and the Devils bottom half of the line up started hitting it like they can. Pioneer park is a pitchers ball park and and shots by Thornton, Hollowell and Baxley are BIG BOMBS at any other ball park. SO, whats next? SG has to continue to just play their game and they will be just fine. I'm looking forward to another great SG VS GVL match up on Weds night with Collins vs Lobrillo. Two very BIG competitors that hate to lose... should be a good one! GOOD Luck tonight Rebs... We want YOU! LOL

Well this is interesting if nothing else. Cd beat SG 7 to 3 last night but Cd pitched the same pitcher against Cumberland Gap and SG. 12 innings pitched on consecutive days is over the limit. I know CD fans will be furious if they lose this game under protest. TSSAA has to rule but based on nearly identical violations in the past it seems that CD will most likely have to forfeit the win, losing a regional tourney appearance. A bad way to lose if they do.

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/article.cfm?id=207 This looks like an almost identical situation to me. CD has a good team and they play hard. Personally, I don't like to win one on a rules violation but on the other hand, going to the regional is a big thing. We will know the decision soon.

Well this is interesting if nothing else. Cd beat SG 7 to 3 last night but Cd pitched the same pitcher against Cumberland Gap and SG. 12 innings pitched on consecutive days is over the limit. I know CD fans will be furious if they lose this game under protest. TSSAA has to rule but based on nearly identical violations in the past it seems that CD will most likely have to forfeit the win, losing a regional tourney appearance. A bad way to lose if they do.

http://www.coacht.com/tennessee/article.cfm?id=207 This looks like an almost identical situation to me. CD has a good team and they play hard. Personally, I don't like to win one on a rules violation but on the other hand, going to the regional is a big thing. We will know the decision soon.

Who discovered the Violation?...SG YOUR PATHETIC! this same thing has happend to teams of ours in the past and we have moved on... Bottom line is CD beat the Rebels hands down last night!!... none of thos 7 runs came with in the violation period... Greeneville doesn't care who we play but, what a sour end to a great ball game and effort by CD Knights... bottom line, CD Knights deserve to be playing tonight you were the better team last night... and to take a point from the "personally, I don't like to win"....and "Going to the Regional is a big thing"... Comment, then you should of beat them last night and none of this would of mattered... Its not like CD brought in some ringer... I think its pathetic if you ask me... Bottom line is SG if its ruled in your favor...YOU still have to WIN 2 and that is not going to happen... I know that a lot of the Devil ballplayers got together last night... SG just Buckle it up! is all I can say...and this goes beyond your pathetic attempt to steal one from CD...for those who were involved with the situation with our last game on Monday...you know what I mean!!! just buckle it up!!!

Who discovered the Violation?...SG YOUR PATHETIC! this same thing has happend to teams of ours in the past and we have moved on... Bottom line is CD beat the Rebels hands down last night!!... none of thos 7 runs came with in the violation period... Greeneville doesn't care who we play but, what a sour end to a great ball game and effort by CD Knights... bottom line, CD Knights deserve to be playing tonight you were the better team last night... and to take a point from the "personally, I don't like to win"....and "Going to the Regional is a big thing"... Comment, then you should of beat them last night and none of this would of mattered... Its not like CD brought in some ringer... I think its pathetic if you ask me... Bottom line is SG if its ruled in your favor...YOU still have to WIN 2 and that is not going to happen... I know that a lot of the Devil ballplayers got together last night... SG just Buckle it up! is all I can say...and this goes beyond your pathetic attempt to steal one from CD...for those who were involved with the situation with our last game on Monday...you know what I mean!!! just buckle it up!!!

Out of boredom, I'll bite, here is a well thought out comment displaying great intelligence. If anything is pathetic, it's oversight by the CD coach. Secondly, 'none of the 7 runs came in within the violation period'??????? What does that have to do with anything. The violation was the CD pither holding SG to 3 runs. Play by the rules or go home....simple. And BTW, I have no dog in the fight and could care less which team advances.

Edited by GrGriZZ

Just found out TSSAA declared South Greene the winner and will play Greeneville today at 4:30. I am not trying to start anything, just posting information. I believe that I have never attacked any one's team with any post. I do not work for SG or CD or any other school. Just a fan that wants his team to win. I pay my admission and go to enjoy the game. All these kids are someone's loved ones. I have lived way too long to die young already and realize just how short a high school career is for all the student athletes and want that to be something they can look back on with pride later in life. It really is just one aspect of going through high school, and being involved in extra curricular activities is a good thing for any young person to do. I encourage it.

Having said that, I do believe that coaches following the rules is how it should work. Maybe Greeneville has let many opportunities to advance on rules infractions by opposing teams pass in years gone by. I don't know if they have or not but I doubt if they would not go forward if the shoe was on their foot. I have acknowledged that Greeneville is the stronger team between them and SG this year, just like SG is the stronger team between them and CD this year. That is not an attack on CD's program. Dustin Morrow is a fine young coach with hopefully many years to go in the future helping young people play a game and get good at it. I hope so. For all the coaches. I guarantee you Morrow will not get bitten by this rule in the future. Most likely he just didn't know this rule or he would have made a change in pitchers since they most likely had the game won. SG was flat. Just not ready to play and it showed from the start. But SG is the best of the two teams this year, having beaten CD 3 times already, just like Greeneville has beaten SG 3 times already. I do hope the Rebels can put this episode behind them and play their best today (or tomorrow if the rain doesn't stop).

Bottom line, it is the coaching staff that is supposed to know the rules of the game and play by them. This is a very unfortunate thing that happened and it just demonstrates that life isn't necessarily fair. i hope all involved can learn from it and go forward with their lives. It really isn't the biggest or worst thing that can happen in life. I think all will survive it.

Finally, Troy Cash for CD was injured yesterday when he fouled a pitch that struck him in the face. He left by ambulance and I hear he has a broken nose and jaw. Certainly not the way you want to see any senior end his career. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to him.

And I would expect a very strong CD next year, just looking at the rosters. Lots of good underclassmen on that team.