22 members have voted

1. 1. EHS or HV

• HV
    • EHS

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not taking away his athleticism i think he is very athletic but it just never seemed like he hit the hole hard. i believe he could be much better if he hit the hole at full speed.

53 TD 's in a year is a good career for most runners. He runs the spread perfect. You string out the D the holes become bigger, then you pick your gap and turn on the afterburners and that left HV grabbing air. You can't arm tackle that kid.

i'm not taking away his athleticism i think he is very athletic but it just never seemed like he hit the hole hard. i believe he could be much better if he hit the hole at full speed.

He only had about 10 carries last night and I would say at least 6 of those (if not 7) were tosses to the outside bc EHS was trying to exploit HV's lack o team speed. That leaves 3 maybe 4 rushes in the middle where there is a hole to hit. It was one of those rushes that he busted straight up the gut for the long td run. It looked like he hit the pretty hard then to me.

He only had about 10 carries last night and I would say at least 6 of those (if not 7) were tosses to the outside bc EHS was trying to exploit HV's lack o team speed. That leaves 3 maybe 4 rushes in the middle where there is a hole to hit. It was one of those rushes that he busted straight up the gut for the long td run. It looked like he hit the pretty hard then to me.

I think the fact that he is a freshman going into a rivalry game that just happens to be a play off game could have something to do with it. Most freshman don't want to carry a water bottle on the field, much less, the football.

I have heard the name brought up with nothing but good things said about his future. I am curious, is he related to the Thomas kid that played QB for betsy 2 years ago?

I think the fact that he is a freshman going into a rivalry game that just happens to be a play off game could have something to do with it. Most freshman don't want to carry a water bottle on the field, much less, the football.

I have heard the name brought up with nothing but good things said about his future. I am curious, is he related to the Thomas kid that played QB for betsy 2 years ago?

I don't think they are. His dad played ball at Johnson County and his mom was a hall of fame athlete from TN High. Coach Witten does a great job developing the younger players they have played 20 to 30 games between Jv and freshman so they are not your typical freshmen. When he brings the teams together, Elizabethtons depth explodes. He has the varsity line blocking for him and he can use his speed to break away. To top it off he is a great kid. Yes sir, no sir type of kid, he will be fun to watch. But EHS used 7 kids in the backfield, all are good and can take it to the house and the best thing they don't have to play both ways. Turner, Moore, Smith, Pearson, Thomas, Woodby, Bailey, and Nidifer and Mullins at the FBs. They are going to be hard to stop all 4 quarters.