Lookout Valley@Sunbright

creekboy

The score was 28-16 when Sunbright scored to close it to 28-24. LV fumbled the kickoff return and Sunbright recovered with a couple of minutes to go. I don't know if it was at the 8, but somewhere around there. The Sunbright coach was handed the game on a silver platter, then called the worst plays in the world!!! The QB England and back Bunch both had been making big running gains all night, yet the coach had them throwing...then went for a field goal on a bad angle on 4th and 8. After the game he was standing near me and was blaming the boys for not tackling! It was the worst officiating I've ever seen with LV getting the worst call of the night. They had broken a tackle and had gained 40 or 50 yards, but the ref thought someone else had the ball and when he was tackled he blew the play dead...with the ball carrier still going down the field! LV lost most of the yardage they had gained when the refs broguht the ball back, which was the only thing they could do. Twice Sunbright had back of the endzone catches which looked good and were called out and one catch in the endzone was good and he dropped the ball, but had possession plenty long enough for the TD. The refs were evenly awful to both teams. Sunbright lost because of terrible play call, not the boys' efforts. I'm not even from there, but went over to watch Sunbright's talented team several times this year.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb::thumb:

The score was 28-16 when Sunbright scored to close it to 28-24. LV fumbled the kickoff return and Sunbright recovered with a couple of minutes to go. I don't know if it was at the 8, but somewhere around there. The Sunbright coach was handed the game on a silver platter, then called the worst plays in the world!!! The QB England and back Bunch both had been making big running gains all night, yet the coach had them throwing...then went for a field goal on a bad angle on 4th and 8. After the game he was standing near me and was blaming the boys for not tackling! It was the worst officiating I've ever seen with LV getting the worst call of the night. They had broken a tackle and had gained 40 or 50 yards, but the ref thought someone else had the ball and when he was tackled he blew the play dead...with the ball carrier still going down the field! LV lost most of the yardage they had gained when the refs broguht the ball back, which was the only thing they could do. Twice Sunbright had back of the endzone catches which looked good and were called out and one catch in the endzone was good and he dropped the ball, but had possession plenty long enough for the TD. The refs were evenly awful to both teams. Sunbright lost because of terrible play call, not the boys' efforts. I'm not even from there, but went over to watch Sunbright's talented team several times this year.

MAN YOU NAILED IT RIGHT ON THE HEAD.