District 4-AAA

LCityplayer

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we all know injuries are part of the game and the Lady Irish have been hit hard. Unfortunate, but they do exist. One thing I do agree with about the messages posted on Catholic, when the Lady Irish are moving the ball and not caring whose doing the scoring, they do play well. They played like that at Heritage. What I see on the court is when the team gets down a few points, a couple of the players feel they have to get the team back in the game, by forcing shots that are not there, and that should not be the case. I don't see a player on that team that, individually, can carry a team by themselves. During the Maryville game, Coach Ball would take out a player if he felt they were forcing shots or creating bad turnovers trying to make something happen. I hope during the film sessions that they see, they are better as a team and not one-on-one. I don't believe Coach Ball was out coached. Maryville hit a lot of three's and some big shots by Maples in the 4th quarter and the Irish didn't hit their shots. A coach can diagram a play but he/she can't put the ball through the hoop for any players.

I too don't wish injuries on any girl. Would be nice to see them play as team. Perhaps they did after all in Oak Ridge game.

http://www.oakridger.com/preps/x890863135/Lady-Cats-learn-lesson-in-tough-loss-to-Catholic

As we all know injuries are part of the game and the Lady Irish have been hit hard. Unfortunate, but they do exist. One thing I do agree with about the messages posted on Catholic, when the Lady Irish are moving the ball and not caring whose doing the scoring, they do play well. They played like that at Heritage. What I see on the court is when the team gets down a few points, a couple of the players feel they have to get the team back in the game, by forcing shots that are not there, and that should not be the case. I don't see a player on that team that, individually, can carry a team by themselves. During the Maryville game, Coach Ball would take out a player if he felt they were forcing shots or creating bad turnovers trying to make something happen. I hope during the film sessions that they see, they are better as a team and not one-on-one. I don't believe Coach Ball was out coached. Maryville hit a lot of three's and some big shots by Maples in the 4th quarter and the Irish didn't hit their shots. A coach can diagram a play but he/she can't put the ball through the hoop for any players.

Bearden may lead now but I predict The Lady Admirals can take down the Lady Bulldogs. Our big showdown with Bearden will be after the Christmas break and although I predict it will be an interesting contest my money is on the Lady Admirals. WB only beat us by 4 points and I think the next time we play them we will have a check in the "W" column. Whitney Smith has turned out to be I think the best PG in the district and hits sweet "all net" three point shots when she needs to. She was originally a great shooting guard and i think has over the past two seasons made a solid transition into the PG position. Maddie Blevins also knocks down some sweet "all net" three pointers. Katie Overton has really stepped up and is one of the best post players in the district in my opinion. Rebecca Jameson is also turning out to be a force to be reckoned with. We really have a deep talented bench on our side. I have seen many of the Bearden players for years, especially in AAU, and no doubt they have talent with JJ and Walsh but it is my opinion that our bench is much deeper in talent. I hear Norwood is PG and JJ has been moved to shooting guard. Whitney really distributes the ball well but yet has the capacity to hit outside shots as well as drive to the hoop when the need arises. Looking forward to this matchup.

Bearden leads the district - 4/0. Go Lady Bulldogs!!

Edited by coolcoach

Bearden may lead now but I predict The Lady Admirals can take down the Lady Bulldogs. Our big showdown with Bearden will be after the Christmas break and although I predict it will be an interesting contest my money is on the Lady Admirals. WB only beat us by 4 points and I think the next time we play them we will have a check in the "W" column. Whitney Smith has turned out to be I think the best PG in the district and hits sweet "all net" three point shots when she needs to. She was originally a great shooting guard and i think has over the past two seasons made a solid transition into the PG position. Maddie Blevins also knocks down some sweet "all net" three pointers. Katie Overton has really stepped up and is one of the best post players in the district in my opinion. Rebecca Jameson is also turning out to be a force to be reckoned with. We really have a deep talented bench on our side. I have seen many of the Bearden players for years, especially in AAU, and no doubt they have talent with JJ and Walsh but it is my opinion that our bench is much deeper in talent. I hear Norwood is PG and JJ has been moved to shooting guard. Whitney really distributes the ball well but yet has the capacity to hit outside shots as well as drive to the hoop when the need arises. Looking forward to this matchup.

I would not be so sure, yes both teams are talented, but JJ is by far the best point guard in the district. Norwood is not point, JJ was running it last time I saw them play which was Friday night. Should be good game and we will have to see which team is stronger at the point. Bearden also has strong players on the bench, I to have seen all these girls play aau and trust me Bearden has just as much talent as Farragut. Bearden right now has three on team including J J, that were Knox County MVPs in middle school ball, winning 3 championships at West Valley. Yes, Bearden has talent also! Should be a good game.

I would not be so sure, yes both teams are talented, but JJ is by far the best point guard in the district. Norwood is not point, JJ was running it last time I saw them play which was Friday night. Should be good game and we will have to see which team is stronger at the point. Bearden also has strong players on the bench, I to have seen all these girls play aau and trust me Bearden has just as much talent as Farragut. Bearden right now has three on team including J J, that were Knox County MVPs in middle school ball, winning 3 championships at West Valley. Yes, Bearden has talent also! Should be a good game.

I think JJ is a better true PG, however the Smith girl who played middle school in the LC is a much better outside shooter. Depth is an interesting issue, because aside from JJ and Walsh Bearden doesn't have much in terms of guard play. The Denton girl seems like she might be able to contribute, but if you take away Walsh and JJ Bearden might have a hard time scoring.

Also not sure how much can be said for winning a Knox Co. Middle school championship..since they do not play any teams from Loudon, Anderson, or Blount counties.

Lady Admirals have more depth and size is also in our favor. Denton came to Farragut after she left CAK and before she went to Bearden but she didn't condition much as a Lady Admiral, although she did play a bit. Doubt they can get much out of her. Besides, now that I think about it isn't Denton ineligible to play? I think she has to sit out a year. Lady Admirals should win this contest with a deeper bench, bigger players and Whitney running point although I admit it might be close and could come down to who is hot that night. Looking forward to watching this one as always.

I think JJ is a better true PG, however the Smith girl who played middle school in the LC is a much better outside shooter. Depth is an interesting issue, because aside from JJ and Walsh Bearden doesn't have much in terms of guard play. The Denton girl seems like she might be able to contribute, but if you take away Walsh and JJ Bearden might have a hard time scoring.

Also not sure how much can be said for winning a Knox Co. Middle school championship..since they do not play any teams from Loudon, Anderson, or Blount counties.

Edited by coolcoach

Lady Admirals have more depth and size is also in our favor. Denton came to Farragut after she left CAK and before she went to Bearden but she didn't condition much as a Lady Admiral, although she did play a bit. Doubt they can get much out of her. Besides, now that I think about it isn't Denton ineligible to play? I think she has to sit out a year. Lady Admirals should win this contest with a deeper bench, bigger players and Whitney running point although I admit it might be close and could come down to who is hot that night. Looking forward to watching this one as always.

Check your TSSAA handbook, Denton is eligible to play. If you move from one district to another you can play. Not sure how it works if you live in a different county though, say you live in Loudon and play in a Knox county school, not sure how people do that. If you dont think Denton can contribute much, check her west valley stats , leading scorer of all time, she can contribute, given the opportunity to play . Denton scored 14 points against Heritage, hit 4 3's. That aside , Norwood, Pheifer, Goddard, Carter , Kim all bring something to the table. Yes looking very forward to this match up.

coolcoach is right. Bearden is cocky but they are still basically the same team that choked and lost almost every game the second half of the season last year--with a less experienced coach. Just wait until after Christmas. Teams took them lightly at the beginning of the season, but their time on Easy Street has ended.

Their one above average player--JJ--cannot carry them when defenses clamp down on her and her undersized teammates have to deal with bigger, stronger, and faster girls on Maryville, Farragut, and Lenoir City. They will not be able to handle William Blount on the road--where they won't get every call--and Catholic parents told me that it is going to give them a whole different game when they get injured players back.

One thing is clear about this season, Bearden has not been tested in a really tight game when the calls and shots don't go their way. I predict that when the pressure builds, they, and their wet-behind-the-ears coach, will fold like a cheap chair cause they lack the heart and toughness that other teams in our district have proven over the years.

They can strut and brag about middle school plastic trophies but that means nothing. This is a big stage and little players have no place on it--well, maybe sixth place--if they are lucky.

Check your TSSAA handbook, Denton is eligible to play. If you move from one district to another you can play. Not sure how it works if you live in a different county though, say you live in Loudon and play in a Knox county school, not sure how people do that. If you dont think Denton can contribute much, check her west valley stats , leading scorer of all time, she can contribute, given the opportunity to play . Denton scored 14 points against Heritage, hit 4 3's. That aside , Norwood, Pheifer, Goddard, Carter , Kim all bring something to the table. Yes looking very forward to this match up.

Its to good to have you back " bballdad4lyfe" and your non biased inside views on basketball especially Bearden. Also, you need to check the TSSAA handbook yourself the rules are all about establishing a high school athletic record then having a valid "change of address". I assume the Bearden coach and AD did their homework so there shouldn't be a problem. Where you are going or coming from in terms your District or County does not matter(unless private/public 20 mile rule) ..however I am surprised you didn't know that Farragut and Bearden are both in the same district and shockingly the same county (Knox)..but you are still bringing the good info keep at it

Its to good to have you back " bballdad4lyfe" and your non biased inside views on basketball especially Bearden. Also, you need to check the TSSAA handbook yourself the rules are all about establishing a high school athletic record then having a valid "change of address". I assume the Bearden coach and AD did their homework so there shouldn't be a problem. Where you are going or coming from in terms your District or County does not matter(unless private/public 20 mile rule) ..however I am surprised you didn't know that Farragut and Bearden are both in the same district and shockingly the same county (Knox)..but you are still bringing the good info keep at it

Really, you dont know the TSSAA handbook.Yes they are in the same basketball district , but not same school bus district. MAKES A DIFFERENCE. I ACTUALLY GOT THAT FROM A TSSAA EMPLOYEE! I was told you could play half season at one school and if you move outside the school bus district , YOU CAN PLAY. I guess Farragut did there checking also.