District 4-AAA

LCityplayer

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said Bearden was a powerhouse, you must have me mixed up with "ladadad". I simply stated we were leading the district. I also said any team can be beaten, games will only get tougher the closer we get to the tournament!

My apologies for grouping you with "ladadad". He seems to be a lot farther out on a limb when discussing his team. He must be having computer issues since the unthinkable sinking of the admiral ship with a loss to lowly West(as I'm sure he would describe them-aswell as any other district team) have not elicited any response.

My apologies for grouping you with "ladadad". He seems to be a lot farther out on a limb when discussing his team. He must be having computer issues since the unthinkable sinking of the admiral ship with a loss to lowly West(as I'm sure he would describe them-aswell as any other district team) have not elicited any response.

Yes, can't wait to hear what happened in that game. The refs probably quit making calls in the second half or something like that. The more you talk up your team, the harder it is when they do loose . Anyone who knows basketball, knows even teams ranked under you can beat you, happens to the best of teams . As good and conditioned as even the Lady Vols are, they still loose games. Go Figure.

Dear ladadad,

Please enlighten us on how lucky West was. They sure must have been filling it up with lucky shots. Perhaps they spent the break working on their conditioning to match up with your admirals. If you can put a believable spin on this one I would suggest a career change to a PR position.

Lady Irish take Bearden to OT with a depleted roster of 7 players. Had a great shot to win with the ball at the end or regulation. Also take Holland out of the mix and they were horrible from the FT line 2-14. Great defensive effort!

You must be a huge fan of Holland since you throw her name out there and seem to always know the stats of the Lady Irish. I'm guessing your a family member, stats person, or Lady Irish coach? It is anybodys game at anytime but kudos to the Lady Irish with their bad luck this season hanging with Bearden. So many close games I think had luck been on their side this season they would of been a contender. I will agree the Lady Irish has a strong defense but I don't look for them advancing in playoffs with a 7 girl roster. I could be wrong I'd rather see Lady Irish with full healed team and see what they "really" have the ability to do or see from previous non winning seasons if it is poor coaching?

Where is "ladadad" since the Lady Admiral ship has run aground?

What is up with this message board? "run aground"?

I guess if being the 2nd place team in the always strong District 4-AAA and having a record of 17-5 is "run aground" I bet a lot of teams in the area wouldn't mind being in that same position. Not to mention the team only graduates one starter, but hey I really hope they right the ship and get all the problems fixed before its too late and they slip to 3rd.

congrats to Bearden they are having a great season, these last weeks of the District will be wild as teams work for seeding for the District tourney, its Bearden locked into 1 (baring a near impossible collapse). Everything else is wide open.

It has admittedly been a rough patch for the Lady Ads, as lesser teams have taken advantage of the opportunities presented by poor officiating and a few miscues. However, things will shake out. A certain team will not be able to beat us or the other teams in district a second time with one good player and a few cheap tricks. As the tournament progresses the Lady Ads will be on top. The time for disgusting premature gloating by other teams will be over.

In some ways it is nice to think that we might actually have had kind of a rivalry with Bearden for a game or so. It was pretty hard having one with a bunch that just rolled over every time we stepped onto the Court. I predict, however, that in just a few weeks, the natural order will be restored, and we will be on our way again.

There is a reason that basketball is a tournament sport. In the coming days the Lady Ads will re-establish their dominant position, and in the tournament, they will start sending the rest of the teams home, or perhaps to Florida, for spring break.

Edited by ladadad

It has admittedly been a rough patch for the Lady Ads, as lesser teams have taken advantage of the opportunities presented by poor officiating and a few miscues. However, things will shake out. A certain team will not be able to beat us or the other teams in district a second time with one good player and a few cheap tricks. As the tournament progresses the Lady Ads will be on top. The time for disgusting premature gloating by other teams will be over.

In some ways it is nice to think that we might actually have had kind of a rivalry with Bearden for a game or so. It was pretty hard having one with a bunch that just rolled over every time we stepped onto the Court. I predict, however, that in just a few weeks, the natural order will be restored, and we will be on our way again.

There is a reason that basketball is a tournament sport. In the coming days the Lady Ads will re-establish their dominant position, and in the tournament, they will start sending the rest of the teams home, or perhaps to Florida, for spring break.

Had you lived in an earlier time you could have been the public relations director for General Armstrong Custer...just kidding.

You must be a huge fan of Holland since you throw her name out there and seem to always know the stats of the Lady Irish. I'm guessing your a family member, stats person, or Lady Irish coach? It is anybodys game at anytime but kudos to the Lady Irish with their bad luck this season hanging with Bearden. So many close games I think had luck been on their side this season they would of been a contender. I will agree the Lady Irish has a strong defense but I don't look for them advancing in playoffs with a 7 girl roster. I could be wrong I'd rather see Lady Irish with full healed team and see what they "really" have the ability to do or see from previous non winning seasons if it is poor coaching?

Not a Holland fan, but a long-time (20+years) Lady Irish fan that follows the team very closely and know the stats very well. We have had several games where we were a few breaks away from a win. No excuses made, more a lack of execution. We have certainly been affected with a string of injuries that have impacted our chances. Lost a 2 year starter to a torn labrum, two freshman that would have made huge impacts- one with a completely torn hamstring and another that had an ACL injury that tried to come back too early and ended up with a stress fracture in her foot. We are now back to 8 strong with the return of a player that broke her nose and missed a few games. I don't necessarily think we would have been a contender to win the district but could have made an impact. I can assure you the non-winning seasons are not a result of poor coaching. Keep in mind we have several schools in the district that probably have 800-1000 more students than Catholic. Part of the problem is a numbers game, if just 1% of the student body of these other schools plays bball, they have an extra 8-10 players that can play. Also, there has not been a lot of good coaching in the feeder systems. Kids aren't where they need to be when they get to the high school level. The Lady Irish will continue to play hard and if they can get some shots to fall may upset some people down the road.

I am not a coach or family member of any of the Lady Irish. I just started posting here after seeing some of the exchanges. I've been involved in girls basketball in this area for a long time and think it is funny that some fans have such inflated views of their teams. I've seen and coached girls from Farragut and Bearden among others in the past and with no offense intended, these current teams aren't that good in comparison. That was why I made the comment that you shouldn't be so excited with winning the district. That really isn't the ultimate benchmark you should be shooting for. Looking forward to tourney time!

Not a Holland fan, but a long-time (20+years) Lady Irish fan that follows the team very closely and know the stats very well. We have had several games where we were a few breaks away from a win. No excuses made, more a lack of execution. We have certainly been affected with a string of injuries that have impacted our chances. Lost a 2 year starter to a torn labrum, two freshman that would have made huge impacts- one with a completely torn hamstring and another that had an ACL injury that tried to come back too early and ended up with a stress fracture in her foot. We are now back to 8 strong with the return of a player that broke her nose and missed a few games. I don't necessarily think we would have been a contender to win the district but could have made an impact. I can assure you the non-winning seasons are not a result of poor coaching. Keep in mind we have several schools in the district that probably have 800-1000 more students than Catholic. Part of the problem is a numbers game, if just 1% of the student body of these other schools plays bball, they have an extra 8-10 players that can play. Also, there has not been a lot of good coaching in the feeder systems. Kids aren't where they need to be when they get to the high school level. The Lady Irish will continue to play hard and if they can get some shots to fall may upset some people down the road.

I am not a coach or family member of any of the Lady Irish. I just started posting here after seeing some of the exchanges. I've been involved in girls basketball in this area for a long time and think it is funny that some fans have such inflated views of their teams. I've seen and coached girls from Farragut and Bearden among others in the past and with no offense intended, these current teams aren't that good in comparison. That was why I made the comment that you shouldn't be so excited with winning the district. That really isn't the ultimate benchmark you should be shooting for. Looking forward to tourney time!

I agree, its not the ultimate goal, but you gotta win it to move on.