Knox Catholic, where do we go

footballsense

Give me a break, are all you people that stupid, First of all we now play a 6A schedule, with real teams, there are no Scott Countys on the schedule any more, Pemberton was the master at scheduling crap, a crippled father Ryan team, Stone, WE ARE PLAYING REAL TEAMS NOW, WE HAVE 394 BOYS IN THE BUILDING, a student body of 625 kids going up against schools with 2,600! Plus we all know how Pemberton and Roid Rage developed character.

Our coach is a good man that actually knows the kids name instead of "hey boy". He makes them do right, treat others with respect, instead of turning a blind eye. He has a young team 55 frosh and sophs!

So the supposed KCHS Alumni should get behind the program instead of itching about.

The Buddha

Some good points there SiddhÄrtha Gautama, but Pemberton had no choice in Scott County or Stone. They were in his district, as were Kingston, A-E, Fulton, Anderson County and Livingston Academy; pushovers none back in the day.

They weren't 6A schools either, and I do beg to differ AE and Apple Turnover County back then were down. And LV had one good year. Our boys are busting their buts playing a 6A schedule, so instead of knocking them down lets get behind them and build them up.

Edited by KCHSCoach

They weren't 6A schools either, and I do beg to differ AE and Apple Turnover County back then were down. And LV had one good year. Our boys are busting their buts playing a 6A schedule, so instead of knocking them down lets get behind them and build them up.

Not my boys but I do wish the Romanists well, seriously. (So if you're a Romanist, why you be presentin' as a spiritual teacher from the Indian subcontinent?) Actually, I'm partial to a team that has been absolutely terrible for lo these past two years. So I'm feeling some of your pain, as it were.

Edited by Moronicus

Give me a break, are all you people that stupid, First of all we now play a 6A schedule, with real teams, there are no Scott Countys on the schedule any more, Pemberton was the master at scheduling crap, a crippled father Ryan team, Stone, WE ARE PLAYING REAL TEAMS NOW, WE HAVE 394 BOYS IN THE BUILDING, a student body of 625 kids going up against schools with 2,600! Plus we all know how Pemberton and Roid Rage developed character.

Our coach is a good man that actually knows the kids name instead of "hey boy". He makes them do right, treat others with respect, instead of turning a blind eye. He has a young team 55 frosh and sophs!

So the supposed KCHS Alumni should get behind the program instead of itching about.

The Buddha

Man, you know a different Meadows than I know. Maybe he has changed.

Safe bet that someone with the screen name "KCHSCoach" is confirming that Meadows will be back?

Give me a break, are all you people that stupid, Smart enough to not insinuate that all those questioning the decision, and posting here are "stupid." First of all we now play a 6A schedule, with real teams, there are no Scott Countys on the schedule any more, Pemberton was the master at scheduling crap, a crippled father Ryan team, Stone, WE ARE PLAYING REAL TEAMS NOW, WE HAVE 394 BOYS IN THE BUILDING, a student body of 625 kids going up against schools with 2,600! The flip side of that is that when you were playing and beating loaded Fulton, AE, Morristown West teams, the multiplier number did not come up and they were 2.5 times your size in some cases. Further, you have probably had more kids go on to play on Saturdays than any team you played during the 2 seasons prior to this past one. Also, you did not seem to have a problem beating real teams like Webb when Pemberton was there. Lastly, not all of the schools you play have 2,600 kids. One. Farragut. Plus we all know how Pemberton and Roid Rage developed character.

Our coach is a good man that actually knows the kids name instead of "hey boy". I don't know Pemberton, but I know & knew some very good coaches that often called players something other than their name. He makes them do right, treat others with respect, instead of turning a blind eye. He has a young team 55 frosh and sophs! Well then, with all that young talent returning, the Irish Nation should expect an improvement next season. I'm hopeful others will share your optimism.

So the supposed KCHS Alumni should get behind the program instead of itching about. I'm sure they will, given the option of being called "stupid" by a "KCHSCoach."

The Buddha

Some good points there SiddhÄrtha Gautama, but Pemberton had no choice in Scott County or Stone. They were in his district, as were Kingston, A-E, Fulton, Anderson County and Livingston Academy; pushovers none back in the day.

give me a break, we have yet played a team with 2,600 kids farragutt is the largest and they only have 1,600 lets not strech the facts to try and make excuses for a program that has went back wards the past three years, not knocking the players they do work hard god knows it with the meadows marathon practices, our first year out of a state championship we had most of the same players that we won it with we went 6-4 and LOST to Heritage, talk to those guys they all say the same thing coaching coaching coaching, it just seems that we have really went in the wrong direction since the 2008 season, yes we play 6-A yes its not Scott county but we all knew the change was coming and at the time it was happening the word was we will play anybody anytime, now we can't compete and all we do is talk about playing the bigger schools, well lets just look at one game then the Webb game, smaller school we have gotten beat all three years under the new coaching staff, the old staff beat them SEVEN years in a row,at one time we scrimmaged all the bigger schools yes not a game but every time we scrimmaged we dominated whoever it was, so give me a break and stop making excuses, lets support our players yes, but changes in our football program have to be made but at this point I am sure enough excuses have been made for us to continue with the status quo and complain about the schedule again next year.

Let me correct my self, farragut has only 2000 kids, and no school in the district has less than 1600, How did Pemberton do against Farragut, Maryille, and bearden....oh thats right he didn't play them, And as we all know scrimmages are just that....don't think anyone has ever lost a scrimmage just ask them. So don't diss our kids because you were undefeated against stone memorial, and chucky Doak. Lossing to team like Heritage and Lenior City is no dishonor, considering LC just beat the defending state champs Columbia, on the road! Yes Pemberton had some great assistant coaches, but he ran them all off. All I know, I am proud of our kids regardless who coached them, our kids in most sports give their all, and comparing apples and oranges is not fair, to them or their coaches.

Let me correct my self, farragut has only 2000 kids, and no school in the district has less than 1600, How did Pemberton do against Farragut, Maryille, and bearden....oh thats right he didn't play them, And as we all know scrimmages are just that....don't think anyone has ever lost a scrimmage just ask them. So don't diss our kids because you were undefeated against stone memorial, and chucky Doak. Lossing to team like Heritage and Lenior City is no dishonor, considering LC just beat the defending state champs Columbia, on the road! Yes Pemberton had some great assistant coaches, but he ran them all off. All I know, I am proud of our kids regardless who coached them, our kids in most sports give their all, and comparing apples and oranges is not fair, to them or their coaches.

blah blah blah, get it straight the kids ARE NOT the problem, I see you didn't bring up the one compairson I said lets discuss Webb, no doubt we are smaller but you need to see the facts as they are this guy has ran off some of our top supporters has taken a program that once was viewed as one of the best in this area REGARDLESS of winning, the take was we would come to play, when we went from private to 3-AAA we where able to continue our tradition of having a respectful team, the question was ask are we stupid, I think if you look at the facts our program as went back wards but KCHS Coach you keep your eyes focused on supporting the program I will support our kids our players but if the admin would look at the facts they would make the right choice and get the program back on track.

To a point, I agree with some of what you say. I think fans would be foolish to think that you all could go undefeated playing the schedule that you now play...but consider the fact that they have went down every year that you, I mean Meadows, has been there. When you, I mean Meadows, got there, you were at least competitive, and it has slipped a bit every year. I don't think people expect you to go undefeated with your schedule, but with everything you all have to offer, I do think they expect to be competitive, and make a run in the playoffs...and yes there is some dishonor in losing to Heritage. Where are your numbers now compared to three years ago? How about your feeders, how are their numbers? Have you seen a decline, an incline, or are you the same? I am asking because I really don't know. I have heard kids are starting to go in other directions. Kids can go down the road and get top notch coaching at CAK or Webb. I hope you, I mean Meadows, has changed, because he surely never cared too much about the kids at other places he has been, I hope he really cares about the kids at Catholic....but my take is that he probably cares a lot more about that $90,000 per year salary than he does the kids.

• Upvote 1

The man does not make the playoffs for the first time, and you arm chair coaches act like the sky is falling, everything goes in cycle, the big wheel turns, KCHS will return to the top, but right now the cards are stacked against KCHS. We played a full freshman schedule, a full jv schedule, the kids hit the weights...what do you want? KCHS is a high school, we are talking high school sports, we don't recruit, we don't give scholarships, we are not a major university. In all of KCHS history we have only beaten webb maybe 10 times total. But for you people that think Pemberton walks on water....what happened when he played BGA the second time, or the year we played ND first round and got spanked, or the fact we beat LA the first time but again lost the second time, both at home. Kids are here for an education and to learn life lessons by playing sports....guess what you not always going to win. I am done talking to you armchairs, so go ahead say what you will, until we get moved to a 5A schedule all of our teams are going to have to fight an up hill battle..but our coaches and kids are going to give it their all.

The man does not make the playoffs for the first time, and you arm chair coaches act like the sky is falling, everything goes in cycle, the big wheel turns, KCHS will return to the top, but right now the cards are stacked against KCHS. We played a full freshman schedule, a full jv schedule, the kids hit the weights...what do you want? KCHS is a high school, we are talking high school sports, we don't recruit, we don't give scholarships, we are not a major university. In all of KCHS history we have only beaten webb maybe 10 times total. But for you people that think Pemberton walks on water....what happened when he played BGA the second time, or the year we played ND first round and got spanked, or the fact we beat LA the first time but again lost the second time, both at home. Kids are here for an education and to learn life lessons by playing sports....guess what you not always going to win. I am done talking to you armchairs, so go ahead say what you will, until we get moved to a 5A schedule all of our teams are going to have to fight an up hill battle..but our coaches and kids are going to give it their all.

IT HAS nothing to do with not making the playoffs it has to do with the programs direction under him it has went down year after year, if the admin took a poll it would be like 75% make a move or more look at the attendance use to our little stands where full every home game there is pleanty of seats every game, making the playoffs should not be the measuring stick it should be things that are much bigger then that and those things have taken a hugh hit. I AM NOT measuring this on wins and losses those are not important the direction of the program IS.

Edited by footballsense

The program has underachieved in his first two season at Catholic in a big way. More kids go on to play at the next level out of that program than any other in the area during the previous two seasons, and you you can't get out of the second round....in 5A. I don't think playing a 5A schedule gets you much. Powell, West, Morristown West, Morristown East, Lenoir City, Anderson County, Seymour, South Doyle are improving at a greater rate than Catholic. You're on par with Central. You'd get past Halls, Clinton, and Cocke County. The only cycling going on at Catholic is a counter clockwise flush. You won't beat Webb for at least another four years based on program direction.

The program is in shambles. Period. The fault lies with the administration. Period. Not Pemberton, nor Rankin, nor Harbaugh can fix it unless and until the administration gets out of the way. Period. No coach who does the appropriate due diligence prior to accepting the job would take it given that both the previous and current coaches have had incompetent staff forced upon them. Meadows can't fix it, and nor does the administration want him to. Catholic has fundamentally decided against being perceived as any sort of "football factory" and that is fine. Just set the expectation there. 3-7 is OK, 3-7 is OK, 3-7 is OK.

Say what you will about Pemberton, but he got you past Livingston Academy, Fulton, AE, Webb, Baylor, and Memphis Mitchell for crying out loud. He apparently learned from the mistakes, corrected course in spite of the administration, and won championships. The concept of learning and correcting is something apparently lost on the current administration as well as yourself KCHSCoach. Learn to reinforce your argument rather than raising your voice son.