State Tournament Scores

ChattanoogaCannon

CPA should start getting a little respect. They have defeated everyone that has been put in front of them since the playoffs started. Everyone says we should have beat them but you didn't, everyone says we were better but you didn't win. I am not saying that CPA will win on Saturday but you can not count them out as they have passed every test so far and this is the 5th year in a row that they have made it to the state. not to shabby.

Don't let them bait you, soccernut.

Respect is earned, not asked for. I have the utmost respect for CPA. The quickest way to get respect is for them to prove themselves on the pitch (which they have so far this post season). No matter the outcome tomorrow, they can hold their heads high.

I'll be there tomorrow, so feel free to stop by and say hello. Good luck!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being Chippy at all, I saw both teams yesterday play..CAK certainly will have no trouble Saturday...CAK's #15 is more is more than willing to carry the ball from the back line to the goal, and their defense presses up very confidently...CAK midfielder(Don't remember #, but she has very blonde hair)has some serious skills and the size to make things happen...

heck, may be nice that ND is NOT playing them again...

D

See...that is the problem with electronic forms of communication...interpretation is in the eye of the reader. But you wrote that post within a short period of time of getting beat by them. And let me guess, you were left with a terrible taste in your mouth. Your girls dominated possesion. They dominated shots. They had plenty of opportunities. They did everything but win, right? Been there done that.

CPA is a resourceful, spunky bunch of girls who have earned the right to play for the Championship tomorrow. The fact that WH, Hume-Fogg, GP, and ND are going to watch it from the bleachers, the couch, or on the computer while thinking the whole time that we are better than them does nothing to diminish their acheivement. Do I think CPA wins tomorrow? Not even a little bit...but I have thought that about them before. Go Region 5, Go CPA

CPA and CAK both deserve to be in Championship game. I do not think anyone is disrespecting CPA, but we have played both teams this year and I must say CAK is very strong compared to even some AAA powerhouses. You never know what may happen Saturday but I feel the two best teams are playing in the Title game. Opinions are like belly buttons but my money is on CAK.

See...that is the problem with electronic forms of communication...interpretation is in the eye of the reader. But you wrote that post within a short period of time of getting beat by them. And let me guess, you were left with a terrible taste in your mouth. Your girls dominated possesion. They dominated shots. They had plenty of opportunities. They did everything but win, right? Been there done that.

CPA is a resourceful, spunky bunch of girls who have earned the right to play for the Championship tomorrow. The fact that WH, Hume-Fogg, GP, and ND are going to watch it from the bleachers, the couch, or on the computer while thinking the whole time that we are better than them does nothing to diminish their acheivement. Do I think CPA wins tomorrow? Not even a little bit...but I have thought that about them before. Go Region 5, Go CPA

When a team wins on the field, they deserve to be there. I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. As ND fans, we understand how hard it is to advance to a state final. The program has been to 7 straight Final Fours. CPA played a great game, and executed at the end. I will be cheering for them on Saturday. (I will also be cheering for CAK).

When a team wins on the field, they deserve to be there. I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. As ND fans, we understand how hard it is to advance to a state final. The program has been to 7 straight Final Fours. CPA played a great game, and executed at the end. I will be cheering for them on Saturday. (I will also be cheering for CAK).

I was about to say...

Now wait a second...What does CPA being in the final have to do with Hume Fogg watching and not playing?

Or CCS for that matter...CPA just had the lucky draw...Hume Fogg or CCS could possibly be in the final

if they had drawn CPA's side of bracket...CAK beat Hume Fogg 3-1 same as CPA in State---HF just drew them in the first round...I never got to see CCS play but I would imagine they had a great team also...

Didn't Hume Fogg beat CPA 2-1 in District Finals...and lose to them 1-0 in Region Finals (while having

the keeper misplay a ball to start the 2nd half? and missing a break away and a penalty kick at the end of each half?)

CPA had a great season and were fortunate to make it to the final---but other teams played extremely well

and could have been in their spot and would have been just as deserving...

It seemed to me that almost all the teams were evenly matched except for CAK which was overloaded with talent and speed...

Edited by UTsoccer

Now wait a second...What does CPA being in the final have to do with Hume Fogg watching and not playing?

Or CCA for that matter...CPA just had the lucky draw...Hume Fogg or CCA could possibly be in the final

if they had drawn CPA's side of bracket...CAK beat Hume Fogg 3-1 same as CPA in State---HF just drew them in the first round...I never got to see CCA play but I would imagine they had a great team also...

Didn't Hume Fogg beat CPA 2-1 in District Finals...and lose to them 1-0 in Region Finals (while having

the keeper misplay a ball to start the 2nd half? and missing a break away and a penalty kick at the end of each half?)

CPA had a great season and were fortunate to make it to the final---but other teams played extremely well

It seemed to me that almost all the teams were evenly matched except for CAK which was overloaded with talent and speed...

It only was a list of the teams CPA beat in their run to the final. That is why there was no mention of CCS (I assume that is who you were referring to by CCA). Thanks for the parenthesis which confirmed what I was saying...Everyone CPA beat on the way to the final thought they should have won, but they didn't....

Edited by DCURTIS

What an amazing finish to 10 seniors. I remember coaching most of them in middle school, so very meaningful to me to see them mature into the amazing high school players they turned out to be.

Sorry for not updating coach T at the game. The mobile app is slow, and I had to tweet, Facebook, and text all the updates.

Congrats to the Lady Warriors. You deserve it!

Well played by CPA. I have a special relationship with the guys team, so glad you all made it to the finals. You played a good second half, and really turned things on the last 10 minutes.

Or CCA for that matter...CPA just had the lucky draw...Hume Fogg or CCA could possibly be in the final

if they had drawn CPA's side of bracket...CAK beat Hume Fogg 3-1 same as CPA in State---HF just drew them in the first round...I never got to see CCA play but I would imagine they had a great team also...

Please everyone stop. This is heading into a bad place. I think we are all saying much the same things. Both teams deserved to be there. Period. They beat the teams put in front of them. I believe everyone who said CAK was good and would win in no way meant to imply anyone was bad, but some want to read it that way. I worked with a guy who was that way. Any compliment said about another was taken as a shot to him.

Soccer, especially in our league, can go a lot of ways. CPA deserved to be there. Period. End of story. Stop reading things that aren't there because it reflects badly on the young girls who played their hearts out. Somebody wins and somebody loses.

Congratulations to all of the girls who played today. And, their families. I know what it took to get there.