Who are the best girls defensive players?

Guest rockydawg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Id have to say based simply on overall skill and pace, Sarah Carico of Ooltewah High School just outside chattanooga. she is an outstanding sweeper whos only downside is that its difficult to play an entire match based on the fact that she has asthma. we will see this coming year b/c the lady owls snuck up on some teams last year but now have a target placed firmly on their backs

• 4 weeks later...

socrfan9 i agree with you as well you cant leave out Sarah bc she is amazing! Put the three of them together and they are basicly unstoppable!!! You mentioned somethin about their keeper Holland? i got to watch her a little bit and have been a fan of the Lady Rebels for a very long time! I've seen keepers come and go so basicly i have seen a lot! Especially Amanda Martin! I do believe that she started playin goal when she was a freshman as well and Holland played just like her as a freshman! You have to keep in mind this is Holland's first year playin against great teams such as Houston, Brentwood, and other great teams. Yes, Lindsay, Sarah, and Katy helped her out but those strong teams did get shots and Holland saved some pretty hard shots. Just my opinion playin goalie before in my life. Keep it up girls!

• 2 weeks later...

I would add some of hendersonville's girls to that too. katie shelton is a good keeper but she doesn't play for hendersonville high. kara and meredith are good players, in my opinion. and there's about one or two decent players from columbia, either central or ca, or maybe both. everyone knows franklin has good players, come on now.