THS Vikings vs Viking Pride

Geppetto

On September 25th, THS vs Sullivan South........Geppetto post. "When the going gets tough the tough get going. You will find who the imposters are vs the fans who really take pride in wearing the horns". Any thoughts???

Are you referring to fans at the games or fans on this website?

Other than Cap1 and myself there were never that many Viking posters on here. Quite a few on here in 2004, but the loss to Maryville sent them running into the woods never to be heard from again.

Other than Cap1 and myself there were never that many Viking posters on here. Quite a few on here in 2004, but the loss to Maryville sent them running into the woods never to be heard from again.

So true. You and Cap have been real soldiers. I have only been to one game this year. Work out of town quiet a bit I was referring to coacht. Seems like just a couple of years ago, when THS had the talent to beat most teams and/or play with anybody, coach t was pretty active. What kind of support did the kids have at the games? I think the biggest disappointed was the loss to the Bearcats. I think that started the down hill slide. The fact of the matter is that VHS has always had just as many skill athletes and speed as any school in the area. They obviously found some bigger guys to block for these guys this year. In addition, I remember when VHS could beat ant team in the Tri Cities. So we had a questionable year!!! What is the mind set going into the off season work outs? Any rising stars?

Wasn't there a Vikings81 or something to that affect that posted quite often?

So true. You and Cap have been real soldiers. I have only been to one game this year. Work out of town quiet a bit I was referring to coacht. Seems like just a couple of years ago, when THS had the talent to beat most teams and/or play with anybody, coach t was pretty active. What kind of support did the kids have at the games? I think the biggest disappointed was the loss to the Bearcats. I think that started the down hill slide. The fact of the matter is that VHS has always had just as many skill athletes and speed as any school in the area. They obviously found some bigger guys to block for these guys this year. In addition, I remember when VHS could beat ant team in the Tri Cities. So we had a questionable year!!! What is the mind set going into the off season work outs? Any rising stars?

I think we will be alright... especially in a couple of years. We just need to find the right QB for this high powered offense. From some of the adjustments expected (I've heard about through the grapevine) next season, it sounds like the coaches understand. The 8th grade team is packed with talent with some of them possibly in wrong positions but Shane and staff will plug them in the right holes next year... I HOPE. Seventh grade went undefeated and features the Vikings future at QB!! I think things are looking up. :thumb:

Viking football is good to go. The players are in tune with the new philosophy and it just needs time to develop. Their defense was great as always this past season and with an entire year with the new offense the vikings will be a different next fall. As far as the new freshmen there is talent there they just need a young man to run their offense and he still has one more year in middle school. Tn will be back soon mark my word...,,.

Yes... we will be fine. I went to every game this year except for DB..as i always do. Just haven't had time to post much or follow the boards as closely as past years due to my wife,s illness.

This was just a year were we were just too young and to small in size and numbers and learning a completely new system on top of that. Hey before the season started all i heard was we would be lucky to win 3 games..well we beat that and had a shot at a 7-8 win season IMO.

The younger guys just have to learn HOW to win games( BALL security.. Ball security) I mean I know its hard when your backs are only 140-150lbs. on a good day...and have guys that are 80-100 lbs bigger and bench 100-150 lbs more that you do pulling and tugging at your arms and the ball all game, to hang on to the rock sometimes I mean its just simple physics.but Next year will be better and the year after that we should be back to where we should be and beyond hopefully.I for one am really exited about the future at THS..good and great things are coming. :popcorneater:

And no i did'nt run for the woods.. just been tied up with family matters.

Yes... we will be fine. I went to every game this year except for DB..as i always do. Just haven't had time to post much or follow the boards as closely as past years due to my wife,s illness.

This was just a year were we were just too young and to small in size and numbers and learning a completely new system on top of that. Hey before the season started all i heard was we would be lucky to win 3 games..well we beat that and had a shot at a 7-8 win season IMO.

The younger guys just have to learn HOW to win games( BALL security.. Ball security) I mean I know its hard when your backs are only 140-150lbs. on a good day...and have guys that are 80-100 lbs bigger and bench 100-150 lbs more that you do pulling and tugging at your arms and the ball all game, to hang on to the rock sometimes I mean its just simple physics.but Next year will be better and the year after that we should be back to where we should be and beyond hopefully.I for one am really exited about the future at THS..good and great things are coming. :popcorneater:

And no i did'nt run for the woods.. just been tied up with family matters.

I know you didn't couch...I was referring to the majority who were on here and left after the Maryville game several years ago.