Oak Ridge @ Cookeville

tnchad1980

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Oak Ridge
    • Cookeville

McmMinn had nothing to do with the loss. Bradley jumped out to a lead on the first play from scrimmage. Bradleys QB was taken to the hospital with a broken arm early in the second quarter. They were stunned for a while and went down by several points having to put a freshman in but he warmed up and they made a valiant effort and ended the game on a 4th down on about their own 20 with a score 28-34.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooter, McMinn had nothing to do with going to Bradley and stealing the district championship on your home field. Not to mention knocking out your qb and forcing several turnovers. Hard to believe they had nothing to do with that. Sounds like they kicked your butt on your own field, but that had nothing to do with it.

That is just crazy!

Hooter, McMinn had nothing to do with going to Bradley and stealing the district championship on your home field. Not to mention knocking out your qb and forcing several turnovers. Hard to believe they had nothing to do with that. Sounds like they kicked your butt on your own field, but that had nothing to do with it.

That is just crazy!

Reading comprehension: it's your friend. McMinn had nothing to do with Bradley losing at Cookeville. McMinn didn't knock out our quarterback; that happened in the Cookeville game. The McMinn game was its own thing. The Cookeville game was entirely separate. The McMinn loss didn't knock the heart out of the Bears; they came into Cookeville fired up and performing well. The loss of the QB was a blow, but the bigger blow was the defense essentially taking a nap for two quarters. That phenomenon goes back much farther than the McMinn game; it has been a tendency all year.

I have heard they have a bruising fullback, that is all i have heard so far man...And i looked at their schedule and they have lost to some mediocre teams, but we are still gonna have to play good. I think Mcminn may have taken Bradley's heart last week.

Well I will add a bit of what I observed.

Definitely a good Fullback there with size and strength. Good power runner. Second they showed a nice tailback, I thought, very similar in size, speed and ability to Bradley's Rue Goldston (#2 if you watched Bradley/OakRidge last year). They use the FB mostly in the middle where expected, and then work the edges with the tailback. I heard that the starting tailback got hurt and was replaced by a another, but all I know is they worked the edges and sidelines very well. With the wet field, they seeme to run off the edge pretty munch into the boundaries working to get straightline runs with gains of 5 to 10 yards. They ran the ball 55 times for 276 yards.

The QB (8-15-0)has a nice arm and can throw. A couple of receivers that can catch and run. That part of the game seemed to be more of a complement to the run game, to keep the other team honest, but did make up around 160 yards of the offensive production.

Defensively they played solid holding Bradley's run game, in the slippery conditions, to 71 yards on 19 carries, but the passing game lit them up for 313 yards between Copeland (2-4-1), the Junior Starter who really only played the first 2 possesions and had two TD passes for 80 and 73 yards. The Freshman backup came in and took a bit to settle down, but did well in the fourth leading the comeback attempt with the balance of the passing yardage with team stats of 34-17-3.

I don't think they had the speed to hang with Bradley in good conditions or if Copeland had not gone out, but that is conjecture on my part.

Preacher, sorry about that. I ain't too smart. How do you think the Bears will do next year. I enjoy coming down for a game, great stadium.

No harm, no foul! It is hard sometimes to catch what post someone is responding to, especially when the thread starts crossing page breaks.

For next year, the Bears lose a lot of offensive firepower; two of the big-play threats (Houston and Stovall) graduate, as does Goldston. A big senior class in general. Copeland will be back at QB for his senior year, and the freshman that took over the Cookeville game showed promise for the future. The numbers game looks good; there are lots of guys on the squad, lots of size, etc. It will depend on how much the younger players step up to take their place. I've been here 4 years, and I think Coach Floyd has the program moving in a good direction. Success tends to breed success, since hallway athletes are more inclined to join a good program than a bad one. Bradley should definitely be able to continue the recent trend and be in contention.

I think they may have trouble with a good passing attack. :D

I hope your right, Bradley Z is in the zone, great senior leadership. I was really impressed at McMinn watching how patient he was rolling out of the pocket waiting for routes to develop.

I hope everyone plays hard, safe and clean. Looking forward to another great wildcat game. I hope that the players remember this was one of the toughest games last year.