October 5 Open

October 12 JB @ Clarksville Academy

October 19 McEwen @ JB

October 26 JB @ Nashville Christian

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JB "won" their scrimmage against Watertown 3 TD's to 2 with the starters in there. Watertown's QB went down early in the scrimmage with what looked like a sprained knee or something. He was a very impressive looking athlete! So here's the good, the bad, and the ugly...

The good: Defense. JB played some really good defense at times; their defense looked really good early (with Watertown's QB in there). My thoughts were that this team's defense is already better than they were last year (at the end of the year). They did have some breakdowns that led to the two scores but what I saw was breakdowns rather than getting dominated. I'm confident they'll fix those breakdowns and be a good, to very good defense this year.

The bad: Lack of offensive weapons. I thought the offense was decent and made some good plays but I didn't see that game-breaker that I'm used to seeing for JB. Having said that, I did like what WR Jesse Hyde was able to do with the ball in the open field. I also thought our RB's ran hard and showed some elusiveness at times. Speaking of RB's, I didn't see Jake Hyde out there. I thought he'd be one of our go-to guys; where was he?

The ugly: Depth. We had none. I know it's early in the season and we're young so depth is going to have to be developed but I counted 34 players. That's not enough unless you're Ensworth. If we have a few injuries, the season could get UGLY! It's time to hit the hallways or something???

So with all that said, I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw Friday. I won't deny that with an couple of injuries things could get ugly but at the same time, with no injuries and a little experience we could surprise quite a few people.

Jus got back from the jamboree and man how great it was to see some football ! JB played 3A Portland and come out on top 6-0, JB squandered 3 other shots inside the red zone with mental mistakes but nothing that can't be fixed, over 200yds of offense for the Devils and the D looked pretty dang good, Devils marched the ball on first drive to the red zone then stalled with mistakes, some center to QB exchanges were bobbled a few times but QB Adkins kept composure and made some plays, threw a cpl nice strikes down field and had a cpl wide open guys had drops, team looked to have real good chemistry and work ethic on the field, the backs run the ball hard and soph FB led with some nice blocks,, looks as tho the Devils are on track to have a very successful season barring significant injuries to key positions. The play of K. Adkins at QB was very pleasant to see, doesn't get shook with a bad snap, good composure and ran the O very well,,,, Devils jus may make some noise come playoff time, minus our mental mistakes I was very pleased with our efforts !!! This team is only Gunna get better each week, the rumbles in the Dungeon are upon us... Good luck to all,,, Go Devils !

Jus got back from the jamboree and man how great it was to see some football ! JB played 3A Portland and come out on top 6-0, JB squandered 3 other shots inside the red zone with mental mistakes but nothing that can't be fixed, over 200yds of offense for the Devils and the D looked pretty dang good, Devils marched the ball on first drive to the red zone then stalled with mistakes, some center to QB exchanges were bobbled a few times but QB Adkins kept composure and made some plays, threw a cpl nice strikes down field and had a cpl wide open guys had drops, team looked to have real good chemistry and work ethic on the field, the backs run the ball hard and soph FB led with some nice blocks,, looks as tho the Devils are on track to have a very successful season barring significant injuries to key positions. The play of K. Adkins at QB was very pleasant to see, doesn't get shook with a bad snap, good composure and ran the O very well,,,, Devils jus may make some noise come playoff time, minus our mental mistakes I was very pleased with our efforts !!! This team is only Gunna get better each week, the rumbles in the Dungeon are upon us... Good luck to all,,, Go Devils !

From Portlands side, that was a pretty fair assesment, Both teams had too many penaltys and offisides called. Most of our 1's came out half way through the first quarter and the remainder of the game was played with our 2's and 3's. But that gave them some much needed game time. I know my son is a freshman and for him to play for 6-7mins was huge in his development. JB's line appeared to be HUGE, lol. Good looking line, and your backs ran great. Good luck to yall, and I think if we could have played 4 qtrs, with both teams starters, it would have been one heck of a ball game. I watched a couple of other earlier games, and JB looked as good or better than the earlier ones. Good luck to yall, yall have a great platform to work with.