Jo Byrns 2012 Version

MOTO24

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jo Byrns will play Portland this year in the jamboree. It should be an interesting matchup prior to the Macon County game in week zero.

Cool...Portland has been terrible of late but a bigger school should help prepare JB for Macon. I liked the White House game last year...I'm guessing it could be a blood bath if JB played them this year? I'm curious to see how well JB holds up against Gordonsville this spring. I expect some growing pains but I still expect a decent level of success...the cupboard is not bare.

Let's get our thoughts out there while the players are fresh in our mind. Offensively we'll return 3 linemen and our best WR. We replace the QB, RB, FB, & 2 WR's. Defensively we return our two best D-linemen, 1 LB, & 2 DB's. We replace the S, 1 ILB, 2 OLB's, & 2 D-linemen.

I expect Kevin Adkins to be the QB although soon to be freshman T. Cox is the man from what I hear. We won't be as good at QB but Kevin looks like a fiery competitor and I think he'll do quite well...No big worries for me at QB.

FB should be filled by #36 Nathan Huffman...he's listed at 6'-0" 216lbs and looks every bit of it and more. He's looked pretty good this year and with another year under his belt I expect him to get a lot better.

WR's will be #10 Jesse Hyde who has shown that he is a major playmaker as a sophomore...he's an athlete and he's not afraid to mix it up with the big dogs. I have no idea who will fill the other two WR positions but we've got several candidates with good height that should be able to fill in just fine. I'm not too worried about these spots but we do need to at least 1 more person to step up.

RB...boy oh boy, what to do, what to do? It's been A LONG TIME since JB folks have wondered who will run the ball. Based on what I've seen, you've got to go with sophomore (next year) Jake Hyde #44. He looks like as much of a playmaker as his brother Jesse Hyde (#10). He doesn't have a lot of size but he gets lost behind the line and can make guys miss. Another option would be to get Jesse Hunt back on the field; is this an option? One more option will be sophomore (next year) John Bales...from what I hear, he's got the mentality:roflol: . I hear he'd tell Ray Lewis he's gonna run over him and then he'd try to do it even if he knew he couldn't.

O-lineman...I think Jake Fletcher will be one of em but I don't know about the other.

Defense...who knows but I'm guessing some of the same guys that are replacing the offensive losses will also play defense. Depth will once again be an issue.

I think next year's team will have solid leadership in Ace Evans and there should be a good mix of players that play hungry and with an edge. I predict 7-3 and win the District.

Is Kevin the youngest of the Atkins boys, or are there more coming?

Last one...after his senior year Coach Adkins will have coached at JB for 20 years. Will that be the end? I hope not...he should try to coach his grandkids.

Adkins is a great teacher of character and responsibility, he expects you to give your best in the classroom, on the field, and in every day life, I've been to many of the post game gatherings on the field and he always ends the speech by telling the young men....win or lose, make good decisions, be smart, and be ready to go to work on Monday. It would be really be hard pressed to find someone of that character to give our youth at JB the direction they need after FB is over !

Adkins is a great teacher of character and responsibility, he expects you to give your best in the classroom, on the field, and in every day life, I've been to many of the post game gatherings on the field and he always ends the speech by telling the young men....win or lose, make good decisions, be smart, and be ready to go to work on Monday. It would be really be hard pressed to find someone of that character to give our youth at JB the direction they need after FB is over !

My thoughts exactly! Some people don't realize how fortunate JB is to have such a high quality coach. When he does decide to call it a day I think JB will struggle more often than not.

My thoughts exactly! Some people don't realize how fortunate JB is to have such a high quality coach. When he does decide to call it a day I think JB will struggle more often than not.

Moto I see things looking real good in the near future for JB football, some outstanding and exceptional talent on the way ! We may jus make a little noise this year, who knows ?

• 2 weeks later...

I believe spring practice starts tomorrow and I think we have scrimmages against Fairview & Gordonsville...not sure of the dates and times. I believe both will be away.

You are correct,,, scrimmaging these 2 will certainly give indication of where the Devils need work,,, Bette than scrimmaging creampuffs.... One scrimmage is slated for a Friday, the other on sat