Henry County vs. Clarksville NE: 2nd round playoffs

RedSwarm10

Are you kidding me? You've got fans saying that nobody has a chance against HC. I got news for ya buddy, you guys may not make it through Ridgeway. Then again, we may not make it through Hendersonville or Beech. And fwiw, I didn't highjack your precious thread. HC posters were the ones that brought up other teams, and how poorly they would fare against your mighty patriots.... But to call Gallatin a "fair" team or "less than good", or however it was put.... INSANE. Look, you guys aren't world beaters... You are district beaters. Nothing more, nothing less. Prove me wrong.

Please directly reference the statement saying "nobody has a chance against HC".

Fun fact: I went back and tallied up HC's record against what I consider to be "Middle Tennessee" opponents. I did not include Clarksville schools, nor did I include Dickson County or Springfield. This record covers Metro Nashville, Sumner County, and Williamson County for the most part. You ready for this patriot fans??? In the last decade, your record against middle TN teams is a whopping 4-18.... Ouch.

So you excluded the teams we beat, included the teams we lost to, then came up with a losing record? You should run for Congress.

So you excluded the teams we beat, included the teams we lost to, then came up with a losing record? You should run for Congress.

What part of "Middle Tennessee" do you not understand? Perhaps I should've said "Middle TN teams that are currently not in your district"??? Would that have made you feel better?

Edited by Squoshwave17

Fun fact: I went back and tallied up HC's record against what I consider to be "Middle Tennessee" opponents. I did not include Clarksville schools, nor did I include Dickson County or Springfield. This record covers Metro Nashville, Sumner County, and Williamson County for the most part. You ready for this patriot fans??? In the last decade, your record against middle TN teams is a whopping 4-18.... Ouch.

The response you will receive will be, "that has nothing to do w/ this years team". I personally believe the HC/Gallatin game will be a toss-up if/when they play. HC has not play a good team all year Factsonly, that is why the numbers you presented earlier are so astounding in their favor. Whether is their fault or not who they played, it is what it is. I am pulling for HC but for the select few, 2 , or however many it may be, Gallatin is as good, a few points better, or a few points worse than HC. So RW your sources are wrong if they say Gallatin is a little better than good, b/c if that is the case than it is the same for HC.....

I honestly feel bad for HC fans.... You guys get your hopes up every year, and get eventually have your dreams crushed. I know, I've been there. What's mind-boggling to me is that after Gallatin (a HEAVY underdog) came to Paris a couple years ago and beat you guys by 3 td's, I talked for a week about how courteous your fans were. Clearly those people aren't the same ones on this board.

The response you will receive will be, "that has nothing to do w/ this years team". I personally believe the HC/Gallatin game will be a toss-up if/when they play. HC has not play a good team all year Factsonly, that is why the numbers you presented earlier are so astounding in their favor. Whether is their fault or not who they played, it is what it is. I am pulling for HC but for the select few, 2 , or however many it may be, Gallatin is as good, a few points better, or a few points worse than HC. So RW your sources are wrong if they say Gallatin is a little better than good, b/c if that is the case than it is the same for HC.....

Beech is a pretty good team, and they have gotten better as the year has progressed. Crabtree and Hatfield scare the crap out of me late in the season.

I honestly can't believe how arrogant some of you people are! Look, for the last two weeks, all I've heard was how "this year's Alabama Crimson Tide is the best team they have ever fielded"... They were a 5 1/2 point favorite at home, and look what happened.... I fully believe that LSU won that game because they were more battle tested. But that's neither here nor there.... EVERY YEAR, HC fans talk about how much better they are than everyone else, and they have a cakewalk to the title game. And EVERY YEAR a BETTER team beats them. Guys, we Gallatin fans know this all too well. We played in a metro district that gave us zero competition year in and year out. We'd go 10-0 about every other year, and lay an egg in the playoffs against somebody from Williamson County. The reason: We hadn't faced tough competition at all during the year. The difference is, we recognized it. Sure, we thought we should be able to make a run to the championship game several of those years... But when you beat up on nobody's all year, then face even a decent team, things can fall apart quickly. Also, I'd like to point out that the Gallatin team you are giving no chance to win anything just beat their opponent by a larger margin than you did. And our opponent had a better record, AND we shut them out. Guys, our only loss was to Mt. Juliet... Which btw, is the best wing-t team I have EVER seen. One should further note that our entire district won out this past week.... Gallatin is 9-1 against a very good schedule. HC may be the best team in 5A, but don't discard the rest of the brackets.... It's foolish really. One more thing... I don't like looking ahead, because we need to focus on Hendersonville, but I sure hope we get to see you guys in the Semi's. GO GREEN WAVE

Are you saying that Alabama was NOT battle tested? Did LSU beat them by a whopping three points because they were battle tested and Bama was NOT? Since LSU was ranked ahead of Bama, then I don't follow your logic...or lack of.

Are you saying that Alabama was NOT battle tested? Did LSU beat them by a whopping three points because they were battle tested and Bama was NOT? Since LSU was ranked ahead of Bama, then I don't follow your logic...or lack of.

Bama had played Arky.... That's it... Which, btw, was at Bryant Denny... LSU was on the road for like a freakin' month. So yes, I'm saying that Alabama was NOT battle tested to the extent that LSU was.

What part of "Middle Tennessee" do you not understand? Perhaps I should've said "Middle TN teams that are currently not in your district"??? Would that have made you feel better?

I misunderstood. When you said Middle Tennessee, I thought you meant teams that were neither in West Tennessee nor East Tennessee.

You guys are not fooling anyone. We enjoy the banter. That said, we realize this is a game played by young people. We are very proud of our young people. You two clearly are also. We know this may not turn out as well as we hope, but we will remain excited until there is no longer reason to be. If this offends you guys, you really should step back and ask yourself why. All of us who post here are good, employed, family guys who are proud of our community. If you knew us, you'd like us and would probably agree with us when we express our opinions. We know that we won't get the opportunity to be this excited about our team forever, but for now we will.

Again, it is clear you are just trying to stir us up. I've laughed at all of your and all of my posts. Thanks for making my day go by faster!

I misunderstood. When you said Middle Tennessee, I thought you meant teams that were neither in West Tennessee nor East Tennessee.

You guys are not fooling anyone. We enjoy the banter. That said, we realize this is a game played by young people. We are very proud of our young people. You two clearly are also. We know this may not turn out as well as we hope, but we will remain excited until there is no longer reason to be. If this offends you guys, you really should step back and ask yourself why. All of us who post here are good, employed, family guys who are proud of our community. If you knew us, you'd like us and would probably agree with us when we express our opinions. We know that we won't get the opportunity to be this excited about our team forever, but for now we will.

Again, it is clear you are just trying to stir us up. I've laughed at all of your and all of my posts. Thanks for making my day go by faster!

Best post I've read in a long time, bud. I'm a worker too. No family, just a mid 20's guy that loves high school football. Unfortunately, I'm on medication that has kept me out of work all week - so all I have to do is post on message boards. I'm by no means trying to stir up anything. I just enjoy the back and forth. I, for one, hope for the HC/Gallatin matchup. I think it would be good for the sport, good for 5A, and I would expect 10,000 plus at that game.

Edited by Squoshwave17

Fun fact: Gallatin in that same span is 26-17 over "teams in Middle Tennessee not in Sumner County, not in the same district, not wearing blue and orange, or black and gold, and so on! True..Gallatin has the advantage on Henry County in this area given the fact that the Green Wave has ample opportunity to play more "non-district" "Middle Tennessee Teams" than do the Patriots! 26-17 is not necessarily "cleaning house" either. Nor does HC, when playing these "Middle Tennessee" teams which you stratigically chose...schedule or forced to play the Lebanons, Glencliffs, and other "metro sisters of the poor"!

p.s. Gallatin over this same time period is 0-1 against teams from the state of Ohio. (just another "fun fact")