Henry County vs. Clarksville NE: 2nd round playoffs

RedSwarm10

This thread has been interesting, especially since all of the Northeast fans have been chiming in...

I do hope Gallatin and Henry Co get to meet.

So what are some of the updated stats for Henry Co players? I saw some on unapproved website but I also saw Gallatin's and I know they are not correct.

Not a very direct reference. Downright vague actually. I'm serious, have have considered a career in politics?

Squosh,

I've got an idea!

You name which poster said Henry County will cake walk to the Championship. But . . . you can't name me or anyone with "red" in their monicker. Also "swarm" posters are off limits. You know, kinda like the way you came up with our 4-18 record against teams that only YOU consider to be in Middle Tennessee.

Politicians do stuff like that all the time.

Edited by FactsOnly

It is true, Gallatin was already in talks with Springfield before the Henry Co game was offered. However, if y'all had been free week #3 I am pretty sure you would have been on the schedule. Don't think Gallatin was scared to put the Patriots on the schedule. I mean Brentwood and Oakland along with Springfield is not an easy schedule.

Gallatin leads the series 28-27-2 against Springfield since 1930. Boyce Smith dominanted Gallatin during his tenure as did Calvin Short for Gallatin during his. Springfield has not won since 81'.

Should've known that GWAVE1 would have the answers! Those are very interesting numbers! I guess it trully is a rivalry howbeit lopsided over the past 3 decades!

Also...i didn't mean to suggest that Gallatin was "scared" to add the Patriots to the schedule. Just find it ironic when some of your Green Wave bethren "knock" the Patriots' schedule all the while knowing how difficult it is to schedule games against quality opponents given the new system! (especially when the Patriots were turned down by G-town)

Furthermore...I thoroughly understand the importance of rivalries...BUT..if Springfield (as a community) can't do any better than what they've shown us over the last 2-3 years with supporting their team...they shouldn't be awarded the continuing of this game! As much as I enjoy Kevin38 and TheCommissioner from Springfield...a Gallatin/Henry County game annually would do great things for each program both from a competitive and financial standpoint! The mutual respect that the teams, administration, and fans have for each other...would generate a "new rivalry" which could create memories and traditions for all envolved for years to come! Even if the Patriots "were" to draw the short end in the win/loss columns...the magnitude of an annual event like this would be far reaching for both athletic programs! Simply put...demand Springfield to "do better" or drop them in favor of Henry County!

Should've known that GWAVE1 would have the answers! Those are very interesting numbers! I guess it trully is a rivalry howbeit lopsided over the past 3 decades!

Also...i didn't mean to suggest that Gallatin was "scared" to add the Patriots to the schedule. Just find it ironic when some of your Green Wave bethren "knock" the Patriots' schedule all the while knowing how difficult it is to schedule games against quality opponents given the new system! (especially when the Patriots were turned down by G-town)

Furthermore...I thoroughly understand the importance of rivalries...BUT..if Springfield (as a community) can't do any better than what they've shown us over the last 2-3 years with supporting their team...they shouldn't be awarded the continuing of this game! As much as I enjoy Kevin38 and TheCommissioner from Springfield...a Gallatin/Henry County game annually would do great things for each program both from a competitive and financial standpoint! The mutual respect that the teams, administration, and fans have for each other...would generate a "new rivalry" which could create memories and traditions for all envolved for years to come! Even if the Patriots "were" to draw the short end in the win/loss columns...the magnitude of an annual event like this would be far reaching for both athletic programs! Simply put...demand Springfield to "do better" or drop them in favor of Henry County!

Haha...well they don't ask ole Gwave1 who to schedule and who not too.

It is hard to schedule under this new system, especially when you have a tradition of winning. I know of several mid-state teams that refused to play Gallatin.

I agree that a Patriot/Green Wave game will pay big dividends. If these teams do get to meet expect 10000+. Gallatin will bring 2 or 3 thousand on that Thanksgiving weekend and I know everyone in Paris and surrounding area will be there. Not too mention Gwave1 will be finding the Prez and I hope turkey leftovers aren't on the menu...haha!!

Some of you people are delusional. Seriously... Look, you guys play in a crap district with crap opponents. You can't help that, so I'm sorry. But face it, you guys are going to get let down yet again.... And it will be because you haven't played anyone... AGAIN. Perhaps I should point out AGAIN that Gallatin beat a 6-4 Glencliff team 35-0. Henry County beat a 5-5 Munford team 42-14. I hope the Green Wave has to go to Paris, because it would be electric. Games like that are what made me love this sport in the first place. But sorry HC, until you start having to deal with a decent district schedule, it's gonna bite you in the playoffs. Maybe you could at least do like us and schedule tough pre-season scrimmages (ie. Riverdale twice, Blackman, Smyrna, White House, etc...)

Well guys, I think it's official, HC should just shut down its football program. Our schedule is simply too weak to meet the standards of the mighty Gallatin Green Wave faithful. Even though we've shared two common opponents, and handled both of them more dominantly than Gallatin did, let it be known, that we stand no chance against them...because of the opponents they've played. Their opponents have made them bigger, faster, stronger, and deeper. And their opponents have ALSO amazingly made us smaller, slower, and weaker. The GREEN WAVE NATION HAS SPOKEN!!

Edited by RedSwarm10

Some of you people are delusional. Seriously... Look, you guys play in a crap district with crap opponents. You can't help that, so I'm sorry. But face it, you guys are going to get let down yet again.... And it will be because you haven't played anyone... AGAIN. Perhaps I should point out AGAIN that Gallatin beat a 6-4 Glencliff team 35-0. Henry County beat a 5-5 Munford team 42-14. I hope the Green Wave has to go to Paris, because it would be electric. Games like that are what made me love this sport in the first place. But sorry HC, until you start having to deal with a decent district schedule, it's gonna bite you in the playoffs. Maybe you could at least do like us and schedule tough pre-season scrimmages (ie. Riverdale twice, Blackman, Smyrna, White House, etc...)

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/Band_of_Marines/My%20web%20stuff/whatdoyoumean.jpg

Edited by RedSwarm10