Henry County vs. Clarksville NE: 2nd round playoffs

RedSwarm10

30-7 HC.

Yet again I had to miss it, but thankfully I'll get to see us play Ridgeway next week. A friend of mine said the defense was outstanding. Also said there was some very questionable officiating, and even Coach Counce mentioned it after the game. Glad to get the win, and even more glad I get to actually see us in action next week. But last I heard it was 21-7 early in the 4th, what was going on with the offense? Was the officiating that bad? lol

Got this straight from the PI:

"Henry County was penalized 17 times for 185 yards while Northeast was flagged just four times for 16 yards in losses. The Patriot home crowd echoed with displeasure over the number of penalty flags that the Patriots accumulated."

Now I'm not trying to start a conspiracy theory, but how in the world does that happen? According to the PI, we rushed for over 350 yards and held Northeast to a measly 65 yards of total offense. They only had 8 first downs, 4 of them came via penalty (surprise). All this, and yet it was only 21-7 early in the 4th. Something just doesn't add up. Again, not trying to start a conspiracy here, but were we really that sloppy, or was there some favoritism being played?

Got this straight from the PI:

"Henry County was penalized 17 times for 185 yards while Northeast was flagged just four times for 16 yards in losses. The Patriot home crowd echoed with displeasure over the number of penalty flags that the Patriots accumulated."

Now I'm not trying to start a conspiracy theory, but how in the world does that happen? According to the PI, we rushed for over 350 yards and held Northeast to a measly 65 yards of total offense. They only had 8 first downs, 4 of them came via penalty (surprise). All this, and yet it was only 21-7 early in the 4th. Something just doesn't add up. Again, not trying to start a conspiracy here, but were we really that sloppy, or was there some favoritism being played?

A little of both actually, although Henry County certainly asked for a number of the penalties themselves.

Well, congrats to HC. As far as Gallatin, I did say the better team does not always win. It happened. So another Gallatin guy is pulling for you.

I think we'll have our hands full next week, but thanks for the kind words. Good season for Gallatin. The playoffs are a funny animal. You meet up with a hot team, and just about anything can happen.

Honestly that was some of the worst officiating I have ever witnessed. I can agree we did play somewhat sloppy but the penalties made us look way worse. I think we had 2 touchdowns taken back because of penalties that really weren't penalties. And giving "unsportsman like conduct" to someone doing pushups after missing an interception is just crazy. I'm just glad we pulled through and got the 2nd round monkey off our back. Now we have a tough Ridgeway team to look forward to, I don't even wanna think about any other matchup that could be after that. Time to put the critics that say we can't beat tough teams in their place. All we have to do is shape up on the careless mistakes play penalty free football and play as a family and we have no problem doing that at all. LET'S GO BIG RED!!

Honestly that was some of the worst officiating I have ever witnessed. I can agree we did play somewhat sloppy but the penalties made us look way worse. I think we had 2 touchdowns taken back because of penalties that really weren't penalties. And giving "unsportsman like conduct" to someone doing pushups after missing an interception is just crazy. I'm just glad we pulled through and got the 2nd round monkey off our back. Now we have a tough Ridgeway team to look forward to, I don't even wanna think about any other matchup that could be after that. Time to put the critics that say we can't beat tough teams in their place. All we have to do is shape up on the careless mistakes play penalty free football and play as a family and we have no problem doing that at all. LET'S GO BIG RED!!

A false start is a penalty. A false start on a play that results in a touchdown is still a penalty. Not sure where the confusion lies. As for the push-up penalties, I've been waiting for them to call it for a month now. It's unnecessary and it does show up the other team, so yes it is unsportsman like. Perhaps the secondary, and the team for that manner, should take this game as a warning: Never give the officials the opportunity to flag you for anything out of the ordinary, because eventually they will.

A false start is a penalty. A false start on a play that results in a touchdown is still a penalty. Not sure where the confusion lies. As for the push-up penalties, I've been waiting for them to call it for a month now. It's unnecessary and it does show up the other team, so yes it is unsportsman like. Perhaps the secondary, and the team for that manner, should take this game as a warning: Never give the officials the opportunity to flag you for anything out of the ordinary, because eventually they will.

Penalizing yourself for missing an INT is showing up the other team how?. I have no opinion on whether it should be a penalty or not, just dont see how it is showing anybody up.....