Big 8 Conference

techn

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Science Hill is the king of the conference for now. If anyone is going to take it away from them it will be DB. I believe it is a toss up after those two teams. So my predictions are:

1. Science Hill

2. Dobyns - Bennett

3. Tennessee High - zone D is tough

4. Crockett - good players back

5. Daniel Boone - young but will play hard

6. South - well coached

7. Volunteer - best inside game

8. Central - if they shoot it well could move higher.

Much like football the league is down. But games should be fun to watch.

From what I've been told, the Big 8 will definitely be down this year. The loss of Hale and Allen at SH was a HUGE blow to that team. Apparently Leveau and Howard are battling injuries and won't be ready for a while. The bright spot for this team is that Junior PG Will Adams is back. He's a good one to watch. I've heard his brother Jahmar may also be playing this season. No idea if that's true or not. Freshman Malik McGue will be another one to watch on this team. He's got the talent. Is Trevon Fields still on the team? I'd heard some rumors back in the Spring that he was thinking of transferring. Is he's still on the team, he's another one to watch. They're a young group and are a lot more inexperienced then they were last year but I think they'll be okay. TN High should be pretty good from what I've heard. I think DB will be alright.

Why did them guys leave the Toppers? Where did they go?

Hale and Allen both transferred to Christ the King School in NC. They did so because they felt they had a better opportunity to get a big-time D1 scholarship there. If I'm not mistaken the Plumlee brothers who play for Duke played there. A very good basketball program with top-notch academics.

Hale and Allen both transferred to Christ the King School in NC. They did so because they felt they had a better opportunity to get a big-time D1 scholarship there. If I'm not mistaken the Plumlee brothers who play for Duke played there. A very good basketball program with top-notch academics.

Hale has been committed to Alabama for a year. I doubt your reason pertains to him.

Not only did they go for better opportunities, they get another year of basketball. So Shannon is a sophomore again, and jaylen a junior. Didn't know they were allowed to do that but I guess so. Tre'von is still on the team, Will Adams will dominate, mcgue will get some playing time, if hunter has to have surgery he will be out for the season I'm told. New players are Todd Gilmore, linebacker for the football team, and Tyler miles, the monster on o-line.

It looks like Hale and Allen are doing pretty well at the Christ School.

The leading scorers were Shannon Hale (15 pts, 7 boards, 2 blocks); Will Weeks (12 pts, 8 boards); and Jaylen Allen (11 pts, 2 steals). Spenser Dalton ended up with 9 pts, while Senior Jerome Hairston played well on defense, scored 7 pts and led the team with 5 assists

Science Hill still has CJ Good, right? He can shoot the lights out.

Anybody know if Swafford is playing BBall for CMO?

Ah yeah, I did forget about CJ. As far as I know, yes he is playing this year. Has Tyler Miles always played basketball? Don't get me wrong, he'll be a monster on the inside but I don't remember him playing before...